Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Used Bitcoin To Feed The Homeless  (Read 2034 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:42:53 PM

there will always be private property, certainly as long as bitcoin will be around.

unrestricted free trade and free markets is the fastest surest path to eliminating poverty.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:21:56 AM

i prsonally love charity.. but i will never ever donate to the red cross. nor would i donate to oxfam. the reason is that too much of donations are wasted inhouse and take to long to actually be used where they suppose to be used.

as for seans outpost. where funds can clearly be seen going to the proper cause and that the trustee is in the mindset of bring on the frontline and using funds for that purpose. i have and will continue to donate to seans outpost.

i think we as a bitcoin community should stop doing charity drives for the FIAT rich corporate charities that waste more than they use. and to instead, turn charity on its head and do some direct giving to the frontline causes, not HQ offices thousands of miles from those in need.

random acts of kindness in your own neighbourhood improves the lives around you, far more then the 10c in every dollar that red cross uses for front line 'services'.. (trust me i know, i even have a redcross blanket to show i dont just sit on my ass making crap up(plus its also in their financial reports))

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:26:47 AM

direct charity is what matters, avoiding charity organisations like plague
keep up the good work!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:52:00 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 03:09:44 AM by Gleb Gamow

Hi Everyone, I thought this would be the right category to post in, however if a mod sees fit that this should go else ware, I understand.

Saturday night I wanted to use my bitcoin debit card for the first time to do something unique and show all the people out there who seem to believe that bitcoin is only for criminals or can not be used like paper money, that they are wrong.

http://youtu.be/iwJ9BJtC18M

Okay, me like! I have ~$10 USD here: https://blockchain.info/address/1zS6bFrAjLw6QY6rDmPFBHZUJoVGoNDvv

It was donated to me under false pretense (think user account Nibbknot), and I don't believe that the kind Bitcoiner who gave it to me would mind if I passed it on to you.

Please post an address so that I can transfer it to you. If for some reason you feel uncomfortable posting such, then PM me. Don't worry if the address you submit doesn't coincide with your donating card or whatever, for I (we, if others follow suit) won't question your integrity.

Nice job, bud.

~Bruno Kucinskas

EDIT: WFT! Did I just endorse some newbie dude?  Roll Eyes Amazing how TRUE integrity can come across via a YouTube video, hence the endorsement.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:57:02 AM

We need more charity in BTC, all crypto charity is done by doge community.

http://bitcoin100.org/charities/

Looks like we're able to fund another 28 more charities at $1K USD via BTC a poop: https://blockchain.info/address/1BTC1oo1J3MEt5SFj74ZBcF2Mk97Aah4ac
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:03:12 AM

I'd like to see a "How I used Bitcoin to Eat the Rich" thread.

We absolutely do not need more charity. Charity is unethical. What the world needs now more than ever is solidarity among the working-poor, underemployed, and unemployed castes.

Charities are not unethical on their own. Go tell the homeless from Sean's Outpost that they should starve to death while waiting for the solidarity/social justice/whatever.

With maybe the exception of Jason King, I'm the only one on this forum that has physically slept on the ground there at Satoshi Forest, the first day last year being Thanksgiving Eve when the temp was in the upper 20' and with a windchill in the high teens. I brought plenty of blankets with me, and when I left to head to Vegas, I left them all there in the shed for the homeless who needed them.
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:33:30 AM

I'd like to see a "How I used Bitcoin to Eat the Rich" thread.

We absolutely do not need more charity. Charity is unethical. What the world needs now more than ever is solidarity among the working-poor, underemployed, and unemployed castes.
I am not 100% sure on this. I think it is wrong to allow someone to collect charity on an long term basis because it gives them a disincentive to go out and improve their lives. However there is no issue to help people over the short term as sometimes people just have a short period of "bad luck"
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:02:53 AM

I did not have to submit ID to get the card. There are limits if you do not submit id. You can only withdraw $1000 usd total from ATM's for the lifetime of the card is the only limit imposed. With ID you can lift that limitation and take out as much as you want in cash from ATM's. Using the card at stores or even online has no limits.

Too bad there are such limits for unverified users. Anyway, where did you get the card and how long did it take to get it?

I got it from Xapo it took about 12 days to get it in the mail, I am in Canada, they do not send to any American Addresses though, due to some legal regulations. It did not cost me anything either, even though they say it cost's $15 in their FAQ, I think they have not updated their FAQ in a long time that is why.

Thanks, I might order one to try it Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: