Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:43:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I start .com like internet extension?  (Read 1233 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:45:32 AM

.com is booked by verisign which keeps account of all .com domain registration. I want to start something like .B9K

So that people can book domain something like www.bitcoin.b9k, www.google.b9k, www.sex.b9k?

I tried to search internet but do not know what keyword should I use to start my search.

Can you tell me how can I book that .b9k extension?
And how much would it cost me?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 08:17:00 AM

.com is booked by verisign which keeps account of all .com domain registration. I want to start something like .B9K

So that people can book domain something like www.bitcoin.b9k, www.google.b9k, www.sex.b9k?

I tried to search internet but do not know what keyword should I use to start my search.

Costs $185,000 to bid for a new top level domain name from ICAAN.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:07:51 AM

Wow, I never knew that, though I always wondered how to get one. Doing research now  Roll Eyes

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:22:21 AM

you need proper reason to start with price mentioned above.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
lamaze

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:55:33 PM

I think you need to pay for it. Why do you want to have a .com domain? Where do you want to use it?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:58:32 PM

Check here: http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/

And it's pretty expensive...

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:09:39 PM

I think you need to pay for it. Why do you want to have a .com domain? Where do you want to use it?

he wants a new gtld, not a .com domain
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:12:22 PM

Start your own alternative DNS root. You can have what you like then.

RisingSunshine

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:17:36 PM

If you had that sort of money what would be a good enough reason for buying on though?
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:42:54 AM

I don't want .com domain specifically but something like .abc, .xzy, .pow ... it can be anything. I've stupid plans. Doing some research of feasibility and cost to run pilot.

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:43:52 AM

he wants a new gtld, not a .com domain

Oh! So that is know as 'gtld' ....thanks for technical word! Lets see what other information google can deliver on gtld.

Thanks!

AviThour

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:51:11 AM

Oh! So that is know as 'gtld' ....thanks for technical word! Lets see what other information google can deliver on gtld.

Thanks!
It will cost you about $150000 to $200000 and then managing it will require staff and assistance.
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:45:36 AM

Thanks!
It will cost you about $150000 to $200000 and then managing it will require staff and assistance.

Can you please elaborate more on this new requirement?

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:54:27 AM

I see. In gltd 'generic' word is difficult to define and there are lot of debate going inside. I think, debate is okay if you ask wether '.book' is generic or not.

I wish to know, is there any debate on .b9k being generic? Its not. What do you think?

AviThour

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:03:58 AM

I see. In gltd 'generic' word is difficult to define and there are lot of debate going inside. I think, debate is okay if you ask wether '.book' is generic or not.

I wish to know, is there any debate on .b9k being generic? Its not. What do you think?
Mate, Any domain extension you want to buy will cost much as i told in previous comment.
Doesn't matter of any alphabetical order or shit. Still, creating a domain extension will cost you much.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:57:21 PM

Except the majority of internet users won't be using your DNS.

Why did you choose .b9k specifically? Most of the new gTLDs are pretty generic (ie .club, .ventures) since you'd probably want to recoup your investment somehow.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:23:51 AM

Check here: http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/

And it's pretty expensive...

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:14:28 AM

Except the majority of internet users won't be using your DNS.

Why did you choose .b9k specifically? Most of the new gTLDs are pretty generic (ie .club, .ventures) since you'd probably want to recoup your investment somehow.

Well, its not .b9k specifically. I made it up for sake of example. Unfortunately, what I wanted is already book by Alibaba.com

I'm out of game because they've already booked that domain name, And probably they're working  stealth mode on implementation. Time to by Alibaba's share!

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: