Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PoC - SYYK - Messaging on the Blockchain!  (Read 2501 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JohnDorien (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:41:43 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 11:53:39 AM by JohnDorien

This is a Proof-of-Concept.

I assume it has a lot of potential for future applications of alternate blockchains.

I am happy to introduce SYYK - Messaging on the blockchain

We might call this a simple twitter clone, but it is demonstrating the possiblility of decentralized, un-censorable and absolute free (public) messaging on the blockchain.

For this PoC I use the power of the Syscoin blockchain's data aliases, combined with a JSON payload for timestamps and messages.

Basically the data alias stores the message data JSON array, that is parsed by the website. Fortunately, I can see the data of a data alias even tho I do not own it, so I created a "master data alias" containing a "followers" array.

For execution, the master data alias is parsed, and thereafter each follower's data.

I have a heap of ideas how to make this one even larger, more powerful, and - yes, thinking of such - a powerful money machine attractive for investors, without bugging the users.

The one displayed here has to be considered alpha state.

For the next steps I want to finish my implementation of FaceBook on the blockchain. Working title: SocialChain
This will in alpha stage support profile pic, status message and message updates as is SYYK.
I hope the SYS devs will be able to provide an on-chain-encryption system soon, this will then be implemented as private messaging within SocialChain immediately

For this, and more, it is absolutely neccessary to have the SYScore implementation done to build lightweight applications on top of it.
For SYYK and SocialChain I imagine lightweight Android and IOS apps, but do not think those are really practical right now with the need to dowload and store blockchain and wallet as total on the phone.

I am happy to discuss advantages, disadvantages and thoughts on this! Please share your opinion
If you want to see your messages here, create a dataalias on the Syscoin Blockchain, pm me the name and use data in this format: '{"timestamp": [123,123], "message": ["Some msg", "next msg..."]}'
Each msg needs a corresponding timestamp. Automatic updating script is finished but not tested, will release it here asap I have tested it in full.

For next steps I seek:

- A dev to adopt SYScore in total for all the additions the Syscoin blockchain offers (As stated, I would like to develop the mobile apps for this based on it)
- Possible Investors. I believe this ideas and its standing code base is viable to start off a business off it.

Ps: The screen was taken from testnet, am building everything for mainnet meanwhile and will update, then also with a newer screenshot of new dataaliases, and public available testpage you can browse to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:02:40 PM

Nice concept.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:26:57 PM

Aye looks interesting, GJ
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

Nice! You have my support.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 04:05:53 PM

Decentralize all the things!! ┗(°0°)┛

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
JohnDorien (OP)

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:43:36 PM

already got some media coverage:

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/syyk-aims-to-make-public-messaging-on-the-blockchain-possible
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:57:11 PM

Nice work! Way to pick up the ball and run with it.
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

Great work @JohnDorien! You know you have the full support of the team Wink These legal beartraps may have slowed us down but have not stopped us! I've been rearranging the management load internally @SYS so that I have more time to work with people like @JohnDorien and also @sphericon (who is building a marketplace using SYS tech).

Great work!! This is what we mean (was as in the official team) when we say we don't want to build certain products ourselves because its stealing opportunities from other developers. If a need isn't filled soon enough of course we'll act to fill it (thus the work being done towards Syscoin Blockmarket) but there are so many other opportunities and potential when it comes to Syscoin tech. GREAT WORK.

And this is just the beginning  Grin Looking forward to what's coming!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 09:25:36 PM

I hope the SYS devs will be able to provide an on-chain-encryption system soon, this will then be implemented as private messaging within SocialChain immediately

For this, and more, it is absolutely necessary to have the SYScore implementation done to build lightweight applications on top of it.
For SYYK and SocialChain I imagine lightweight Android and IOS apps, but do not think those are really practical right now with the need to dowload and store blockchain and wallet as total on the phone.

Agree with you totally and I think that it might be worth discussing this type of data-entity as its entirely own new-service. It really depends how much people use it but you're familiar with the updating issue we were discussing the other day, maybe having a different service (rather than the generic "data") service that is tailored for this use case from both a design and cost perspective would be better suited? I know this is getting into details you and I were chatting about but I wanted to share that with the community to get their thoughts.

Also the encryption piece is key- I want to increase the priority of multi-sig encryption using Syscoin keys. What this means is essentially you could encrypt the data and only you could decrypt (w/ SYS keys) - or you could use multisig encryption which still has some design nuances to be worked out but it would allow you to encrypt your data so that instead of only "you" being able to decrypt it, you, Joe, and Sue could call decrypt using SYS keys via SYS multisig encryption.

And I agree with you re: Syscore (this is a port of Bitcore to Syscoin, it is a full blockchain client built using only Javascript; We've ported the core send/receive stuff into SYS but the SYS services haven't been ported into JS yet, on our list of todos).

Interested on what people think about this (storing data using data service or should there be a new service in Syscoin specifically for social data? Also priority of encryption / community demand for multisig encryption?)

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:35:17 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 01:58:06 PM by sidhujag

Great OOTB thinking John! I did the bitcore port but havent tested it.. idea is to be able to sign and recv tx's right in javascript without a full on blockchain verification process. Although Android bitcoinj demonstrated that you can use SPV for thin clients, you still have to download headers (for merged-mined that is bigger) from when you release the wallet so it stil adds up with services... bitcore's idea uses a backend daemon with blockchain and frontend webapp esentially allowing you to quickly do your transactions (signing etc) without having the blockchain and trustlessly. I think for proof of concept we can use SPV and bloom filtering for thin clients and work to get syscore done for the future.
MoscowAlliance

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:09:06 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked thats cool projct fellas  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: