Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Destroy Bitcoin Foundation?  (Read 1966 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

You guys can say what you want. I know what I know because I am directly involved. The meetings that will decide the laws concerning bitcoin are happening now. I don't understand how you think it is better to let people with zero knowledge decide for you. And spend your time infighting? You are the banks best friend in this. 

There is just something cultural in the bitcoin community about being superstitious and resistant to any organized anything. That opinion will not stop the train and I think we are loosing the regulation battle at the moment. We have only one shot at this. Once laws are passed, overturning them is unlikely.

I do not particularly care that you are involved or that you may think you are doing important things.  I assume, correct me if I am wrong, that you are referring to the New York Circus.

I think it would be unwise for you to shrug off the criticism and attitude of the greater community in this.

Consider for example, Wikipedia -

The Foundation and its leadership have frequently been accused of failure, dubious ethics, and corruption.[10][11] Former vice-chairman Charlie Shrem pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting the operation of an unlicensed money-transmitting business related to his role in assisting agents of the infamous online drug marketplace Silk Road.[12][13][14] Executive chairman Peter Vessenes' business relationship to former board member Mark Karpeles, the disgraced CEO of bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox, has been highlighted as inappropriate.[11] The Foundation has also suffered scrutiny and resignations over its hiring of former child star Brock Pierce.[15]

The Bitcoin community itself is divided over the role of the Foundation as a community or industry representative.[10] Libertarian bitcoin advocates have criticized the organization's strategy of political lobbying and participation with federal regulators.[10]

Professor and author Mark T. Williams criticized the Bitcoin Foundation's priorities, writing in a Business Insider editorial that "A Foundation of 'B' players has no business claiming it is a protector of a system that remains vulnerable and untrustworthy."[16]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:30:33 PM

I do not particularly care that you are involved or that you may think you are doing important things.  I assume, correct me if I am wrong, that you are referring to the New York Circus.

I think it would be unwise for you to shrug off the criticism and attitude of the greater community in this.

True.  
What TBF doesn't understand - is that Bitcoin doesn't need them to be successful.
Same can be said about bankers, other wallstreeter and gov. parasites that don't add anything positive to the bitcoin equation.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:47:10 PM

I would love it if you guys were making these arguments to people who will decide. It would be much easier to make the case for non-regulation if there were letters to congressmen coming in every day. That is not happening.  Not a single one of them will read this.
I think it would also be a welcomed addition to our efforts to have another (perhaps more radical) organization. One that disagrees with the BF on issues. That would be great! Hell I might even fund that also. But all I see happening outside of the foundation is people whining to each other and making up shit. 

My efforts are local, not the NYC stuff. I increasingly do it myself and I keep it secret because I do not want any of the crazies poisoning the well. Like I said, this is happening no matter what. You can lead, follow, or get out of the way.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: