Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To anyone who is unable to run a signature campaign  (Read 678 times)
bitcoin_purist (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Fearless, except for those who are fearless

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:04:03 AM

Consider to support TOR in the meantime while you are not able to run a signature campaign.

There is a website where people can donate bitcoins to nodes.
The website says: Your donation will then be divided among the relays listed below according to their Donation Share. The donation share is proportional to each relay's bandwidth contribution to the Tor network

I suggest you to put this in your signature:
Code:
[url=https://oniontip.com]Donate to volunteers who are running Tor relays which support a powerful tool that helps you stay anonymous online.[/url]

And for people wondering, yes I am running a node (3 days) and yes I will benefit. But not much, because I'm at place >500 and haven't received any satoshi as of yet. Grin

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:28:08 AM

I'm running a very cost-effective and high-bandwidth VPS that is dedicated to acting as a relay, and am not even breaking even with this, even though it's been sitting and increasing its consensus fraction in the network for months now. I might be shutting it down very soon if I run through another billing month as a loss.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
bitcoin_purist (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:45:56 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 12:01:57 PM by bitcoin_purist

I'm running a very cost-effective and high-bandwidth VPS that is dedicated to acting as a relay, and am not even breaking even with this, even though it's been sitting and increasing its consensus fraction in the network for months now. I might be shutting it down very soon if I run through another billing month as a loss.

That's the point. I'm running the relay for fun and to support the network. I'm planning to run a hidden bitcoin node as well, but not to make direct profit, but to support.
It's running on a low power MK802 arm device, 5 watts 7mbps up/down.

I consider everything donated as a nice tip, not to make profit. Although it would be nice to receive some huge donations of course but I don't aim for it.
searle421

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:43:34 PM

How much tip I could earn every node? I have 5 unused vps that is payed for 2 years.
bitcoin_purist (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:53:44 PM

How much tip I could earn every node? I have 5 unused vps that is payed for 2 years.
I don't know, depends on a few factors like stability, speed, exit/relay node etc.

From the website:

Using the options above you can filter the set of relays that you would like your donation to be sent too. Your donation will then be divided among the relays listed below according to their Donation Share. The donation share is proportional to each relay's bandwidth contribution to the Tor network. If the share of your donation to an individual relay is too small it will be redistributed to other relays.

Don't expect to earn back your costs, it's not effective. But since you paid for them anyway, you might be lucky Satoshi donates a few 10k satoshi to us Smiley
searle421

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:07:18 PM

How much you are currently earning from the tip?
bitcoin_purist (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:16:13 PM

This dude (92.24 MB/s) exit and guard  gets 3,96% of donations, whatever amount is donated.

This dude ( 3.47 MB/s) exit and guard node gets 0,1%

There are a lot of factors involved. You only find out if you try.

These are the latest donations

But my point was that people should advertise for this service when they can't run a sig campaign because it makes the world better and I receive satoshis Smiley
The more people advertise, the more gets donated, the more you receive.
Unicorns.
searle421

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:25:31 PM

This dude (92.24 MB/s) exit and guard  gets 3,96% of donations, whatever amount is donated.

But my point was that people should advertise for this service when they can't run a sig campaign because it makes the world better and I receive satoshis Smiley
Unicorns.

My 5 vps has 100 MB/s speed. That is the bandwith I would get if I run the tor relay?
bitcoin_purist (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:42:56 PM

Unicorns.

My 5 vps has 100 MB/s speed. That is the bandwith I would get if I run the tor relay?

Probably, if your CPU and mem can catch on try it out to find out. I'm a noob just figured how to run this thing.

Just search on the internet, there is loads written about it.

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:28:17 PM

Unicorns.

16.12 BTC donated in total with qui a few donations of 100 mBTC or more. Maybe you could have earn 3% of this if you had 100 MB/s and the guy who had 92 MB/S got 3.96%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: