Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introducing CryptoCalc  (Read 772 times)
intergalacticrockets (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:43:58 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 04:57:41 PM by intergalacticrockets

I am a 13 year old bitcoin enthusiast and today, I am launching my app, CryptoCalc.

CryptoCalc is a new iPhone and iPod Touch app with a simple, intuitive UI that lets you see the exchange rate fast, and lets you calculate and convert effortlessly in 23 world currencies. Searching “Bitcoin” on the app store, it is inundated with cluttered, complex apps. If one is just trying to price their merchandise for the day, do they really need to know current network hash rate or amount of blocks mined in the last 24 hours or trade volume? Bitcoin apps are so feature rich, that they are not friendly for quick reference! Some may need all that information, and there are better apps for those... but for those of us that just want quick and simple tickers and conversions, there is now an option.

It is CryptoCalc. It offers a simple, clean UI that is perfect for just knowing what you need to know: bitcoin's exchange rate. Converting to bitcoin is easy: just tap the field, and enter the amount in fiat currency. $25 in bitcoin? It is BTC 0.06872, not BTC 0.06872 and 142 blocks mined in 24 hours and 90836 transactions in past day and here's an incomprehensible chart and the hash rate is... No jumping through hoops, no complexity: just simplicity.

The app can be found at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cryptocalc/id919003873?ls=1&mt=8
or by searching “CryptoCalc” in the iOS app store.

I would appreciate any ideas, comments, or feedback as I'm working on the future of CryptoCalc, as well as future Bitcoin apps.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: