Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:34:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:43:17 PM

I didn't buy yet it would of been nice to know about it would of been a reason to buy sooner. Really should of been more public I have read nearly everything you have posted.

I thought you have heard about that like other users knew the existence of the classcode, but this cannot be an excuse for us. You are absolutely right we should communicate this better.

I am very sorry for not communicating that classcode clear and we will try to handle the communication better in the future.

no worries mate. supporters like myself who bought VICR bought it not because the 100 ores discount. i don't think it matters 900 or 1000 if someone really like the coin.

That is a stupid justification and easy for you to say since you are on the 1000 side of things. Just because I took longer to ask questions and make sure I understand I am not a supporter at your level?

I definitely didn't say that i am a better supporter than you are, but if you got that impression from my words then sorry for offending you. Anyway, seriously, really that 100 ores matters when your decide whether you support a coin with your money or not?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:08:40 PM

I didn't buy yet it would of been nice to know about it would of been a reason to buy sooner. Really should of been more public I have read nearly everything you have posted.

I thought you have heard about that like other users knew the existence of the classcode, but this cannot be an excuse for us. You are absolutely right we should communicate this better.

I am very sorry for not communicating that classcode clear and we will try to handle the communication better in the future.

no worries mate. supporters like myself who bought VICR bought it not because the 100 ores discount. i don't think it matters 900 or 1000 if someone really like the coin.

That is a stupid justification and easy for you to say since you are on the 1000 side of things. Just because I took longer to ask questions and make sure I understand I am not a supporter at your level?

I definitely didn't say that i am a better supporter than you are, but if you got that impression from my words then sorry for offending you. Anyway, seriously, really that 100 ores matters when your decide whether you support a coin with your money or not?

I'm glad that's not what you meant. But yes 100 ores matters, it would be 1000 ores in my case and it is incredibly frustrating to follow this project and ask to support months before and lose 10% to some insider bullshit. If you are a trader then you understand what a difference 10% is.
meandme

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:19:05 PM

what is  Class code meaning?
someone told me if i use his Class code to by the VICR100,i will get 1000 ore, 100 more than not use his Class code ?
Is it true?

and today  i see on the site it only have 10 hours contracts,  if i use especial Class Code , i still could get more ore ? 10 more ore than 90  ?

The 1000 ores classcode was in place until yesterday, so yes, the information was correct then. Now it's not available and there is no additional ores for that particular classcode any more.

The 10 hours VICR, which was requested by most of interested users has been rolled out and all VICR receives 90 ores equally.

If you wish to get more than 10 hours, you just need to increase the quantity at the buy contract screen.

Maybe it would be more fair , if buy ten 10-hours-contracts  then get 1000 ores , buy less then ten contracts no discount. 
can you thinking about this solution?  and this would be more fair,  because there was noting about the discount, and noting about which discount ending time.
albert_mt

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:49:14 PM

I'm glad that's not what you meant. But yes 100 ores matters, it would be 1000 ores in my case and it is incredibly frustrating to follow this project and ask to support months before and lose 10% to some insider bullshit. If you are a trader then you understand what a difference 10% is.

thanks god, I feel better and will sleep better if we are cool  Smiley  Smiley

I understand the 10% could make a difference, my day job is trading, but I trade very rarely with crypto. My side business is BTC mining and I am keeping or investing BTC rather selling it. Same with GDC, for that reason the extra 100 is indifferent to me right now..

everyone is getting the extra 100 ores who bought until yesterday and so it doesn't matter you knew it or not. the extra 100 is related to the 100 hours contract not the classcode any more. You are just unlucky because if you would bought yesterday until the 100 hours was active then you would get the 100 extra regardless of the code. I bought mine before they deactivated, I was lucky.
what I meant was about that doesn't matter the 100, if we can take this coin to USD 5 which was the original plan when they started then everyone will be happy even without the extra 100.
chocobo

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:17:46 AM

thanks god, I feel better and will sleep better if we are cool  Smiley  Smiley

I understand the 10% could make a difference, my day job is trading, but I trade very rarely with crypto. My side business is BTC mining and I am keeping or investing BTC rather selling it. Same with GDC, for that reason the extra 100 is indifferent to me right now..

everyone is getting the extra 100 ores who bought until yesterday and so it doesn't matter you knew it or not. the extra 100 is related to the 100 hours contract not the classcode any more. You are just unlucky because if you would bought yesterday until the 100 hours was active then you would get the 100 extra regardless of the code. I bought mine before they deactivated, I was lucky.
what I meant was about that doesn't matter the 100, if we can take this coin to USD 5 which was the original plan when they started then everyone will be happy even without the extra 100.

The reason it matters is because someone knew and was able to take advantage because they had inside info. Right now you are explaining why it doesn't matter to you. It matters to me and others, I hope you see why.
albert_mt

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:17:06 AM

The reason it matters is because someone knew and was able to take advantage because they had inside info. Right now you are explaining why it doesn't matter to you. It matters to me and others, I hope you see why.

To be honest, i don't see why. probably because I really don't care about the 100 ores. First time i heard about this discount code was today afternoon. I didn't have any insider info. I am interested to see how this coin will turn out. my clients have been investing heavily in internet of things, I sent them the white paper last year December, check back this thread if you are interested to see. The reply was from my clients that they are very interested in decentralized Iot tech because of IBM doing similar tech and since they are asking update from me. that's why i am here, to learn more about IOT and be the first to hear if this tech is successful, not because of the discounted 100 ores.

chocobo

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:40:22 AM

To be honest, i don't see why. probably because I really don't care about the 100 ores. First time i heard about this discount code was today afternoon. I didn't have any insider info. I am interested to see how this coin will turn out. my clients have been investing heavily in internet of things, I sent them the white paper last year December, check back this thread if you are interested to see. The reply was from my clients that they are very interested in decentralized Iot tech because of IBM doing similar tech and since they are asking update from me. that's why i am here, to learn more about IOT and be the first to hear if this tech is successful, not because of the discounted 100 ores.

Once again this is different for you. What does it say of GDC if right out of the gate it isn't a level playing field? I don't mean that some people were late to the 10% I mean a select few were for whatever reason told while the rest weren't. Surely if you are here to pick winners GDC just lost a point.
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:59:35 AM

thanks god, I feel better and will sleep better if we are cool  Smiley  Smiley

I am sorry for this, it was entirely my fault. Most of other team members are on holiday, I handle the majority of work on all fronts and I making such mistakes which should never ever happen.
Regardless of my poor case handling, I can assure you, it was no intentional nor malicious insider info regarding to the discount code. The discount code has been decided a long time ago and when I discussed the marketing work with a community member, I asked the community member please help advertising the 100 hours contracts with the discount code. I assumed that all interested users who want to buy a 100 hours contract will be informed about the discount code by the community member who advertised the contacts.

I am very sorry for this poor communication, from now we will try to handle this better.
chocobo

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:12:22 AM

I am sorry for this, it was entirely my fault. Most of other team members are on holiday, I handle the majority of work on all fronts and I making mistakes which should never ever happen.
Regardless of my poor case handling, I can assure you, it was no intentional nor malicious insider info regarding to the discount code. The discount code has been decided a long time ago and when I discussed the marketing work with a community member, I asked the community member please help advertising the 100 hours contracts with the discount code. I assumed that all interested users who want to buy a 100 hours contract will be informed about the discount code by the community member who advertised the contacts.

I am very sorry for this poor communication, from now we will try to handle this better.

Who is this marketer? The worst part of this is that no where on the site, this thread, or the wallet was the code mentioned. These are the #1 resources, not some guy who hasn't even stopped by in the thread. If it really wasn't malicious then it needs to be reactivated for a set period of time. I really respect your work and would like to invest but when an error like this is made just saying "Sorry that happened, hopefully you can get over it and still buy contracts" it doesn't make me want to invest and is frankly disappointing. Check your inbox, how long ago did I ask to support your coin?
meandme

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:40:40 AM

I am sorry for this, it was entirely my fault. Most of other team members are on holiday, I handle the majority of work on all fronts and I making mistakes which should never ever happen.

Who is this marketer? The worst part of this is that no where on the site, this thread, or the wallet was the code mentioned. These are the #1 resources, not some guy who hasn't even stopped by in the thread. If it really wasn't malicious then it needs to be reactivated for a set period of time. I really respect your work and would like to invest but when an error like this is made just saying "Sorry that happened, hopefully you can get over it and still buy contracts" it doesn't make me want to invest and is frankly disappointing. Check your inbox, how long ago did I ask to support your coin?
maybe it is better to continue this discount
@mtomcdev
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:47:07 AM

Who is this marketer? The worst part of this is that no where on the site, this thread, or the wallet was the code mentioned. These are the #1 resources, not some guy who hasn't even stopped by in the thread. If it really wasn't malicious then it needs to be reactivated for a set period of time. I really respect your work and would like to invest but when an error like this is made just saying "Sorry that happened, it doesn't make me want to invest and is frankly disappointing. Check your inbox, how long ago did I ask to support your coin?

All due respect, I never said "hopefully you can get over it and still buy contracts". The future of the project isn't and shouldn't depend on the sell of VICR contracts.

You are absolutely right, you have indicated your support a long time ago which we really appreciate, it means a lot to the developers that you and others are interested in the IoT blockchain idea. I can't tell you what to do, but it would be great if you could keep your support and accept my apologies for the poor case handling, and then we can move on to make this coin a success. I am talking to many users and community members privately. I think if someone write then I should answer and then we talk about marketing, strategy, coin price and all kind of topics, but it doesn't mean we want to keep away any information from anybody.

Please put this unfortunate event in perspective if I may ask you, does the discount code really matter in the context of the opportunities we have here, that we have concrete, real world use cases for a digital currency and finally a digital alt currency would be used by business applications?

Now, you are asking to apply the discount. We received quite a few unhappy messages yesterday that do not apply the discount, the discount is unfair to supporters who invest smaller amount. It is really hard to know what is the better for everyone. I suggest the community vote about the discount code. If the majority of the community is comfortable with the code than we can reinstate it.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:49:54 AM

@mtomcdev

Thanks, it seems two votes for continuing the discount.
threedaymonk

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:05:30 AM

@mtomcdev

Thanks, it seems two votes for continuing the discount.

I vote to continue the discount, you can't expect just an apology to work for something as easy to fix as this. Give everyone else the chance at the discount, problem solved.
chocobo

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:10:09 AM

Who is this marketer? The worst part of this is that no where on the site, this thread, or the wallet was the code mentioned. These are the #1 resources, not some guy who hasn't even stopped by in the thread. If it really wasn't malicious then it needs to be reactivated for a set period of time. I really respect your work and would like to invest but when an error like this is made just saying "Sorry that happened, it doesn't make me want to invest and is frankly disappointing. Check your inbox, how long ago did I ask to support your coin?

All due respect, I never said "hopefully you can get over it and still buy contracts". The future of the project isn't and shouldn't depend on the sell of VICR contracts.

You are absolutely right, you have indicated your support a long time ago which we really appreciate, it means a lot to the developers that you and others are interested in the IoT blockchain idea. I can't tell you what to do, but it would be great if you could keep your support and accept my apologies for the poor case handling, and then we can move on to make this coin a success. I am talking to many users and community members privately. I think if someone write then I should answer and then we talk about marketing, strategy, coin price and all kind of topics, but it doesn't mean we want to keep away any information from anybody.

Please put this unfortunate event in perspective if I may ask you, does the discount code really matter in the context of the opportunities we have here, that we have concrete, real world use cases for a digital currency and finally a digital alt currency would be used by business applications?

Now, you are asking to apply the discount. We received quite a few unhappy messages yesterday that do not apply the discount, the discount is unfair to supporters who invest smaller amount. It is really hard to know what is the better for everyone. I suggest the community vote about the discount code. If the majority of the community is comfortable with the code than we can reinstate it.

Replace contracts with whatever other capacity we will be able to invest in and my point stands, I am the one that is being asked to make it right when it appears I would of had to of been lucky enough to know your marketer to get the extra %10. If that is how its going to be then ok, but I strongly suggest you reinstate the bonus. There is a difference between everyone given the opportunity of getting the discounts and only some of the the people given the opportunity. If you say only 100 hr contracts fair enough, if you say only 10000 hr contracts fair enough. If everyone plays by the same rules then the smaller investors can't complain about not getting 10% extra in their bracket.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:21:20 AM

Technically speaking, when you buy a fucking Google share or Japanese fucking yen then there is no discount whatever amount you buy, so I am not sure why the discount is so important here. On the other hand, if chocobo didn't know about the discount then the equal opportunity argument is valid.

I suggest to continue the fucking discount code, then the community can move on and focus on the product development, which can give the discounted coin value in the first place.
mtomcdev (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:37:53 AM

It seems there is a consensus that the discount should be reinstated.

We will enable the discount now. For contracts which volume is at least 100 hours will be an additional 10 ores deposited for each 10 hour unit, that means a 100 hours volume contract will be entitled to 1,000 ores and GDC. Since there are 10 hours VICR contract exists, users who buy at least 10 VICR contracts will be receiving the extra 100 ores deposit. Numerically, that was the previous discount as well.

chocobo

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:52:26 AM

We will enable the discount now. For contracts which volume is at least 100 hours will be an additional 10 ores deposited for each 10 hour unit, that means a 100 hours volume contract will be entitled to 1,000 ores and GDC. Since there are 10 hours VICR contract exists, users who buy at least 10 VICR contracts will be receiving the extra 100 ores deposit. Numerically, that was the previous discount as well.

Thank you for reconsidering, it is a good sign that you listen to the community.
meandme

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:10:38 AM

it's good!
meandme

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:21:28 AM

if i buy 20 10-hours-contracts ,then i will get 2000 ores?
every 100 hours get extra 100 ores?
300 hours  total 3000 ores?
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:48:12 AM

@NoFudOnlyFacts
It seems to me this coin is not for day trading. If you can wait a few months until the models and broadcasters start paying network fees and buy your coin then that's fine, you could give a try. If you need a quick return and 1000% ROI then don't bother with this.

@Devs
On the note of model recruitment, Barabbas is quite right, that's the hard one. No models - no network fee paid. How you are going to address the model recruitment issue?

Both of you are absolutely correct that the model recruitment, apart from the site traffic, is the most difficult aspect of a new adult site, but please note we are software developers and we are not addressing directly the model recruitment issue. We have created a platform and the studios who use the platform will recruit the models as well as we hope independent models will find the platform useful. For instance, we have a live private group show feature: top models can advertise for their twitter followers the time and date of the live private group show on the jizzmo.net site, and then perform the show for a 95% cash out share. Will that feature be popular? We don't know, but common sense dictates it could be, this feature is not supported by other service providers, and after all the 40% more revenue could be an incentive for models to use our platform. We are already receiving inquiries at jizzmo.net regarding to this feature.

Someone read our whitepaper a few months ago and asked, can internet connected adult web-cams use our IoT platform and device micropayments to lower their cost and pay out 90-95% percent for the models/sudios? We thought it is a good idea and created the web application for this use case.  

All due respect, I don't understand what barabbas' concern is regarding to the token. All sites are built on the token concept. Livejasmin has token, MyFreecams has token. The token is only medium of exchange for application specific transactions for all service providers and our token happened to be in the blockchain. Why is that an issue? The models get FIAT from jizzmo.net as well so I don't understand why the token is a problem. I also don't understand why barabbas think the filtering can be managed by others, but it is an impossible task for us. Filtering is the combination of administrative procedures such as ID verification, model and studio due diligence, and real time monitoring. I am not sure why barabbas think our platform and community unable to manage those tasks?

Regarding to our business plan, please note the adult content is only one use case. Our platform is capable to manage other uses cases as well. We are rolling out other services such as the streemo.net generic live video streaming platform. Please note the long term plan is to focus on ledgers for devices and IoT micropayments. This is only the start, our start is connected to the popular adult theme, but we have to start somewhere.

This picture explains what are the other use cases for live P2P video streaming.

I'll try to explain. Models: They just want to be paid. In Dollars or Euros. Full stop. No tokens, no additional purchases of any kind. Any of that stuff will, turn them off, understandably, and they will simply reject the deal for they are doing quite well as they are right now. But do not believe me, ok? Just go ahead and see how successful your recruiting is.

The filtering... you seem to forget your environment. Let's imagine you get a few models and you are being somewhat successful in a few months, what do you think you will not be targeted? If you just launch jizzmo or streemo, sure your competition is going to take a look at it and do everything in their considerable power to sink your boat. That goes with the territory... but there's not much, really, that they can actually do except lowering margins, pay better the models so they will not go with you instead and try to lure back the lost customers by any promotional means they can think of... But you won't be in the "normal" world, you will be in crypto-world, where 51% attacks, thievery, cons, scams, hacks, etc. (among many other things), are the dish of the day. Yes it is the same for every other project out there -and a number of them have been ransacked already, as you should know-, but here you are in a particularly vulnerable spot where you can be very easily set up to break the law with those who set you up calling the authorities on you and getting you shut down for good. Do you understand now how this is quite different from just another web cam porno site? Do you get now how the community monitoring what is being broadcast is simply not nearly, remotely, enough. Other sites, like the ones you mentioned, don't have -or it isn't know that they have had them- those problems. If you are even a little bit successful, you most definitely will. It just goes with the territory. And that is why, with such vulnerability, you really only have a house of cards, not a real business.

I could expand on other aspects that also would need much restructuring if to be viable. And a lot of work done by people, not software, but that would obviously be the backbone of the whole project and without air tight fixing of those obvious, inevitable, vulnerabilities, nothing else happens, sorry to say.

Hopefully you now have a wider understanding of the elements at play.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: