Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GDGC] GadgetCoin | IoT | M2M |Smart Contracts on Hardware  (Read 88479 times)
tzpardi

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:51:10 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 01:15:31 PM by tzpardi

We have a new developer tzpardi from Zovolt, he and his team donate lots of software development and hardware schematics design, and that helps a lot.

Thanks mate! We will have more time in the next few weeks and will contribute more.

I have been promoting Bitcoin and organizing Bitcoin meetups in the Hereford area at http://www.meetup.com/Hereford-Bitcoin-Meetup/. The next meetup will be next Wednesday 04/11/2015.
Please come along to have a drink and meet fellow Bitcoiners! Apart from Bitcoin we will talk about GadgetCoin. The crypto currency community is very small in the Hereford area, and I will organize a GadgetCoin meetup to meet with the IoT community in Nov/Dec 2015 in London.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tzpardi

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:00:51 PM

I will check in the CoAP and MQTT protocol bindings in the next few days. I am also working on the STM32 and ATMEL ARM/AVR integration of GadgetNet.  I will keep you updated about the progress in this thread.
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:33:50 PM

I will check in the CoAP and MQTT protocol bindings in the next few days. I am also working on the STM32 and ATMEL ARM/AVR integration of GadgetNet.  I will keep you updated about the progress in this thread.

Thanks for posting! Can you tell us more about what you do with Zovolt and how Zovolt plans to use Gadgetnet?

Thanks for your time.
tzpardi

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:16:18 PM

I will check in the CoAP and MQTT protocol bindings in the next few days. I am also working on the STM32 and ATMEL ARM/AVR integration of GadgetNet.  I will keep you updated about the progress in this thread.

Thanks for posting! Can you tell us more about what you do with Zovolt and how Zovolt plans to use Gadgetnet?

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for your interest in what we do. ZoVolt is a privately owned business. We completed our first round of funding 2 years ago to create a generic IoT software framework and design IoT enabled medical devices. We have more than 100 investors. Some of them are experienced technology angel investors and venture capitalist partners. All those details, including the list of our investors are available at the UK Companies House public register.

I am a software developer being responsible for the technology development of ZoVolt Ltd. I can comment only from technology perspective. We believe at ZoVolt, the GadgetNet white paper outlines a viable alternative to the conventional IoT client/server paradigm. Mtomcdev mentioned above privacy, security, access control, micro-payments, interoperability, provisioning and device management are the main features GadgetNet aims to implement. Those features are key to any Internet of Things devices. Above all the secure access control, provisioning and device management features could be very valuable for Internet of Things businesses. It seems GadgetNet could solve many practical problems that Internet of Things businesses are facing. The GadgetNet technology can yield significant savings in the rigorous and complicated device certification process by providing an All-In-One solution. Once the development branches are stable ZoVolt will use the GadgetNet platform to certify, deploy and operate our medical and security devices.

The ZoVolt team will continue donating software development to the GadgetNet branches. Our only condition in this collaboration was to make the GadgetNet platform open source once the system is stable and releasable.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:06:37 PM

I will check in the CoAP and MQTT protocol bindings in the next few days. I am also working on the STM32 and ATMEL ARM/AVR integration of GadgetNet.  I will keep you updated about the progress in this thread.

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for your interest in what we do. ZoVolt is a privately owned business. We completed our first round of funding 2 years ago to create a generic IoT software framework and design IoT enabled medical devices. We have more than 100 investors. Some of them are experienced technology angel investors and venture capitalist partners. All those details, including the list of our investors are available at the UK Companies House public register.

I am a software developer being responsible for the technology development of ZoVolt Ltd. I can comment only from technology perspective. We believe at ZoVolt, the GadgetNet white paper outlines a viable alternative to the conventional IoT client/server paradigm. Mtomcdev mentioned above privacy, security, access control, micro-payments, interoperability, provisioning and device management are the main features GadgetNet aims to implement. Those features are key to any Internet of Things devices. Above all the secure access control, provisioning and device management features could be very valuable for Internet of Things businesses. It seems GadgetNet could solve many practical problems that Internet of Things businesses are facing. The GadgetNet technology can yield significant savings in the rigorous and complicated device certification process by providing an All-In-One solution. Once the development branches are stable ZoVolt will use the GadgetNet platform to certify, deploy and operate our medical and security devices.

The ZoVolt team will continue donating software development to the GadgetNet branches. Our only condition in this collaboration was to make the GadgetNet platform open source once the system is stable and releasable.

Very good to see real world businesses recognize the value of GadgetNet.

Can I ask how the P2P video streaming will be used by businesses? The video streaming is an important part of the GadgetNet business plan, but you haven't mentioned it in your post.

tzpardi

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:40:54 PM

Thanks for your time.

Can I ask how the P2P video streaming will be used by businesses? The video streaming is an important part of the GadgetNet business plan, but you haven't mentioned it in your post.

We have been working with heath care service providers at ZoVolt to roll out an IoT telemedicare system with installation options for both individuals and residential homes. The patient monitoring devices market worth $22.2 Billion by 2018 http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/patient-monitoring-devices.asp . In addition to the biomedical sensors, IoT camera devices and video streaming are important elements of remote patient monitoring solutions.
We have been also working with security businesses to manage internet connected CCTV security devices. Video streaming is also essential for operating IoT CCTV camera devices.

We will integrate the standardized, WoT integrated GadgetNet video streaming into our commercial solutions. I've designed already the SDP, RTP, RTCP, SCTP and DTLS modules for the streaming solution in C. The next step is to convert the C modules to NodeJs, create a JS binding and API for JavaScript developers.
albert_mt

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:22:51 PM

i'm very happy to see the activity in the thread .. iot is more complicated what I thought. thanks devs for not giving up!!!
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:55:01 PM

We have been working with heath care service providers at ZoVolt to roll out an IoT telemedicare system with installation options for both individuals and residential homes. The patient monitoring devices market worth $22.2 Billion by 2018 http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/patient-monitoring-devices.asp . In addition to the biomedical sensors, IoT camera devices and video streaming are important elements of remote patient monitoring solutions.
We have been also working with security businesses to manage internet connected CCTV security devices. Video streaming is also essential for operating IoT CCTV camera devices.

We will integrate the standardized, WoT integrated GadgetNet video streaming into our commercial solutions. I've designed already the SDP, RTP, RTCP, SCTP and DTLS modules for the streaming solution in C. The next step is to convert the C modules to NodeJs, create a JS binding and API for JavaScript developers.

Yeah, there are lots of IoT video devices and it is a massive business opportunity. It's good to see GadgetNet covers that area.

tzpardi

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:58:08 PM

@mtomcdev

I have completed quite a few P2P and crypto modules. Some of them pulled the the W3C WoT master branch. I think this work can be integrated into GadgetNet. I will continue to make progress on the final parts of P2P implementation.
meandme

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 12:44:14 PM

The GadgetNet DAC shares has been issued to all VICR accounts.

Instead of the 20% that was discussed earlier we decided to give away 50% shares to our investors. Therefore, the developers own 50% of the total company shares and the VICR investors own the other 50% of the shares.

Total 19,442,000 has been issued. 100 shares has been allocated to each GadgetCoin, so if you have 1,000 GDGC then you should receive 100,000 GadgetNet DAC shares. If you see an incorrect figure please let us know and we will fix the issue, but everything should be correctly in place.

Currently the shares price is 3 US$ cents per share. You will be able to sell the shares when the share sell/buy function is enabled, most likely later this week. We are talking to angel investors and VCs and if you decide to exit your investment then you will be able to sell the shares to a minimum at 3 cents per share price. We are creating a business with a real product for real world clients and we hope the share price of GadgetNet will increase, so please hold on to your shares if you can as we are targeting the 10 cents per share price within the next few months.

You can review your DAC share holdings by log in to your wallet and clicking on the "DAC" menu item under the "Account" menu.

“You will be able to sell the shares when the share sell/buy function is enabled, most likely later this week  ”
how is this going on?
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:20:09 PM

This is just funny. Deliriously funny, in fact.

Like no one has access to Google funny...
mtomcdev (OP)

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:32:27 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 04:45:54 AM by mtomcdev

Instead of the 20% that was discussed earlier we decided to give away 50% shares to our investors. Therefore, the developers own 50% of the total company shares and the VICR investors own the other 50% of the shares.

Total 19,442,000 has been issued. 100 shares has been allocated to each GadgetCoin, so if you have 1,000 GDGC then you should receive 100,000 GadgetNet DAC shares. If you see an incorrect figure please let us know and we will fix the issue, but everything should be correctly in place.

Currently the shares price is 3 US$ cents per share. You will be able to sell the shares when the share sell/buy function is enabled, most likely later this week. We are talking to angel investors and VCs and if you decide to exit your investment then you will be able to sell the shares to a minimum at 3 cents per share price. We are creating a business with a real product for real world clients and we hope the share price of GadgetNet will increase, so please hold on to your shares if you can as we are targeting the 10 cents per share price within the next few months.

You can review your DAC share holdings by log in to your wallet and clicking on the "DAC" menu item under the "Account" menu.

“You will be able to sell the shares when the share sell/buy function is enabled, most likely later this week  ”
how is this going on?

We apologize for the delay with the share trade function. Please give us a few days to enable the feature. There are new opportunities with regards to GadgetNet and other tasks have been prioritized over the share trade feature, but sorry again for the delay and we will try to get it done this week.

Since the last update we have been working hard to develop the software. We decided to publish everything including the P2P video streaming and the complete Internet-of-Things framework in the next release, in a one go. It is a huge amount of work, but we are making a reasonably good progress every day. We are combining all WoT codes into our software and will be releasing a lot more than originally was planned. It will be completely decentralized, but GadgetCoin will be still integrated into it. Our P2P software and security implementation will be presented first time to the W3C web of things user group on the 26th of November. The user group includes companies like Siemens, Alibaba, Oracle, Intel, Google, Nokia, Panasonic and many other big and influential businesses.

I will post a more detailed update later this week.

chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:51:36 AM

“You will be able to sell the shares when the share sell/buy function is enabled, most likely later this week  ”
how is this going on?

We apologize for the delay with the share trade function. Please give us a few days to enable the feature. There are new opportunities with regards to GadgetNet and other tasks have been prioritized over the share trade feature, but sorry again for the delay and we will try to get it done this week.

Since the last update we have been working hard to develop the software. We decided to publish everything including the P2P video streaming and the complete Internet-of-Things framework in the next release, in a one go. It is a huge amount of work, but we are making a reasonably good progress every day. We are combining all WoT codes into our software and will be releasing a lot more than originally was planned. It will be completely decentralized, but GadgetCoin will be still integrated into it. Our P2P software and security implementation will be presented first time to the W3C web of things user group on the 26th of November. The user group includes companies like Siemens, Alibaba, Oracle, Intel, Google, Nokia, Panasonic and many other big and influential businesses.

I will post a more detailed update later this week.

I personally think that the trade function can wait until after the presentation, it is much less important.
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:27:07 PM

I personally think that the trade function can wait until after the presentation, it is much less important.

I agree. The priority is to get the word out about the technology. Such exposure and once the network get started will take care the share price.
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:33:33 PM

The user group includes companies like Siemens, Alibaba, Oracle, Intel, Google, Nokia, Panasonic and many other big and influential businesses.

Plus Toshiba, Vodafone, Opera, Orange, ERICSSON, Nippon, Fujitsu and many other companies as I can see it in the member list at

https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=75874&public=1

Good luck guys! It would be absolutely amazing to start communicating with such audience!

albert_mt

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:52:22 PM

I agree. The priority is to get the word out about the technology. Such exposure and once the network get started will take care the share price.

agreed. altcoin crypto is totally dead but a few good techs will survive. first build the business. the share price will reflect the business development.
albert_mt

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:24:52 PM

what is the story with Iota? they will be definitely very strong competitors maybe leaders in IoT.

altcoinUK

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:59:44 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 04:13:41 PM by altcoinUK

what is the story with Iota? they will be definitely very strong competitors maybe leaders in IoT.

No, they won't - except they will be leader in collecting money and they will be the IoT leading platform of Bitcointalk forum. The Iota crew is a very, very talented bunch of people. Iota will develop an interesting piece of software. Their unique selling point (USP) is processing millions of micro payments with an infinitely scalable system (their Tangle innovation), but that is not the most important IoT business requirement at this stage. It won't be even in 10 years time an issue IMHO. The talented Iota devs are good at software, but they never worked on any IoT projects. Therefore, they don't know what the industry is. They have heard that there will be 50 billions of internet of things devices by 2020. And then they made the calculation, that for the 50 billions of devices need millions of micro payments per seconds. Like the billions of devices would be a homogeneous system - which is obviously not.
As I said earlier here is what will happen: Iota will collect $500k perhaps $1 million, then the investors start selling the coin to each other for a year or so, and then that will be the end of the story.

mtomcdev and tzpardi, can I ask your opinions, is the infinitely scalable micro payment processing, to manage millions of transactions the main issue of IoT at this stage? My understanding was there are more pressing issues such as lack of standards, provisioning, security, etc.

tzpardi

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:25:10 PM

mtomcdev and tzpardi, can I ask your opinions, is the infinitely scalable micro payment processing, to manage millions of transactions the main issue of IoT at this stage? My understanding was there are more pressing issues such as lack of standards, provisioning, security, etc.

If you ask my opinion, the lack of security, fragmented security policies and tools, and lack of standards are probably the most pressing issues in Internet of Things. To give an example about what we hear from IoT companies and what IoT companies ask, these requirements came up in a W3C web of things user interest group discussion earlier today:

• device properties with hierarchically structured values
  • device properties whose values are other devices
  • device properties whose values are high data demand streams, e.g. ECG data or video stream
  • devices with circular dependencies on other devices
  • efficient message encodings for data and models
  • to handle memory and processing constraints
  • provisioning and bootstrapping of security
  • secure and robust software updates
  • manage firewalls and NAT
  • lack of interoperability across CoAP servers
  • support for non REST protocols
  • support for sleepy devices
  • high availability and clustering, to manage devices across multiple servers

We, open source developers could make difference and work on the above items. The micro payment solution is an interesting topic, but I wouldn't think the processing millions of transactions per second or even per minute in real time is a requirement for any IoT systems currently.
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:28:59 PM

If you ask my opinion, the lack of security, fragmented security policies and tools, and lack of standards are probably the most pressing issues in Internet of Things. To give an example about what we hear from IoT companies and what IoT companies ask, these requirements came up in a W3C web of things user interest group discussion earlier today:

• device properties with hierarchically structured values
  • device properties whose values are other devices
  • device properties whose values are high data demand streams, e.g. ECG data or video stream
  • devices with circular dependencies on other devices
  • efficient message encodings for data and models
  • to handle memory and processing constraints
  • provisioning and bootstrapping of security
  • secure and robust software updates
  • manage firewalls and NAT
  • lack of interoperability across CoAP servers
  • support for non REST protocols
  • support for sleepy devices
  • high availability and clustering, to manage devices across multiple servers

We, open source developers could make difference and work on the above items. The micro payment solution is an interesting topic, but I wouldn't think the processing millions of transactions per second or even per minute in real time is a requirement for any IoT systems currently.

Thanks for the info. albert_mt was quite right above in saying that IoT is more complicated than people think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: