Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysia  (Read 1119436 times)
talexeh

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:32:45 AM

Sigh... somehow or rather, the recent events are making it hard for Malaysians to obtain bitcoins. First, Liberty Reserve got shut down & it was one of the easiest way to fund Mt.Gox. Forget Dwolla since they're only available in the US.

Then today I just received an email from PayPal saying that they're removing the personal payment function for Malaysian accounts. This spells the end of the days where I can just simply hop onto bitcoin-otc & trade my PPUSD for BTC. Sad

@ninjaboon: You've heard this in our Whatsapp group where I ranted about it. Sad

P.S. And oh, Mt.Gox just released a press statement. Apparently OKPay will stop doing transactions to & from bitcoin exchanges. *facepalm*

Dang, and I was thinking of using PayPal for my monthly BTC purchase.  Undecided
Do you know of any source that accepts PayPal as medium of payment? Most of the places that I frequented are pretty cautious when it comes to buying bitcoin via PayPal, which is understandable.

Funny thing is that I've been dealing with Steam in-game stuffs via PayPal all these years & there has never been any incident where someone charged back on personal payment. I guess you can say that bitcoins are much more precious compared to in-game items. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talexeh

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

Sigh... somehow or rather, the recent events are making it hard for Malaysians to obtain bitcoins. First, Liberty Reserve got shut down & it was one of the easiest way to fund Mt.Gox. Forget Dwolla since they're only available in the US.

Then today I just received an email from PayPal saying that they're removing the personal payment function for Malaysian accounts. This spells the end of the days where I can just simply hop onto bitcoin-otc & trade my PPUSD for BTC. Sad

@ninjaboon: You've heard this in our Whatsapp group where I ranted about it. Sad

P.S. And oh, Mt.Gox just released a press statement. Apparently OKPay will stop doing transactions to & from bitcoin exchanges. *facepalm*

Dang, and I was thinking of using PayPal for my monthly BTC purchase.  Undecided

personal payment function? how does it works?

hmm, time for LiqPay i guess.

and btw, can add me to the whatsapp group? Tongue
In normal scenario when you buy something online via PayPal, say for $12, the seller will receive maybe around $11 with the remaining $1 going to PayPal as fees. This is more or less the same when it comes to credit card transactions.

However, PayPal also has another function where you can make personal payment to friends with no fees incurred as long as both parties' PayPal account are created in the same country. If I send you $12, you'll receive $12. If you send personal payment to someone out of Malaysia (assuming that your PayPal account is created in Malaysia), then you'll get charged a minor fee but it's still lower than a normal payment to merchant. This is the very feature that PayPal is removing away from Malaysian account. Sad

Anyway, what's LiqPay? I Googled but seems like it's in Russian.

For the Whatsapp group, send a SMS to 016 562 6404. This is the seller's lowyat.net thread: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2799421

talexeh

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:40:23 AM

Dang, and I was thinking of using PayPal for my monthly BTC purchase.  Undecided

There's such a group?  Grin Any new openings? I might want to buy/sell bitcoins here in Malaysia, for local bank transfer if possible.
How much are you selling? I might be interested. I can also pay in PPUSD. Do PM me ya? Smiley

And you can SMS the number in the post above to join the Whatsapp group.

BTW, is there a way to multiquote in this forum?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 11:19:36 AM

There's such a group?  Grin Any new openings? I might want to buy/sell bitcoins here in Malaysia, for local bank transfer if possible.
How much are you selling? I might be interested. I can also pay in PPUSD. Do PM me ya? Smiley

You're multiquoting right now.  Tongue

I see that the group is for people buying directly from the seller on LYN. I might have 50-100 for sale, but that'll depend on the rates though. I usually buy/sell directly via MT.Gox, but with LR and Dwolla going bust it's been a PITA buying/selling.  Sad
talexeh

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:29:48 PM

I see that the group is for people buying directly from the seller on LYN. I might have 50-100 for sale, but that'll depend on the rates though. I usually buy/sell directly via MT.Gox, but with LR and Dwolla going bust it's been a PITA buying/selling.  Sad
No no no. By multiquoting, I meant quoting a few posts at once so that I can reply all of them in the same post.

About that group, the link itself is posted by the seller but the Whatsapp group that he created is meant for buy & sell. Anyone can post up their price for sale or buy so feel free to join if you want.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:42:40 PM

No no no. By multiquoting, I meant quoting a few posts at once so that I can reply all of them in the same post.

About that group, the link itself is posted by the seller but the Whatsapp group that he created is meant for buy & sell. Anyone can post up their price for sale or buy so feel free to join if you want.

Yep, you can do that too. See ' Insert Quote' when you're composing a new message? Okay, I'll probably join later then.

Any local miners here? I buy regularly for cash, KLCC area

^see.  Wink
talexeh

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:28:49 PM

Any local miners here? I buy regularly for cash, KLCC area

^see.  Wink
Ahh... noted with thanks.

cloudstrife07

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:56:08 AM

ahh i'm really bored here. c'mon BKKCoin, finish up the Klondike design faster please Tongue
talexeh

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:20:21 AM

ahh i'm really bored here. c'mon BKKCoin, finish up the Klondike design faster please Tongue
Hahaha... apart from having the rig completed, was there any mention by 41LY45 on the warranty term? I read that some of the ASIC that was delivered by BFL suffered from faulty fans.

I've been in this line of business (computer hardware) long enough to know that nothing lasts long these days hence the question: what to do if the rig fails?

ASICMiner did take this into consideration for their USB Eruptor so I'm interested to hear what 41LY45 has to offer. Smiley

stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 12:05:12 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 07:00:15 PM by stash

I'm selling BTC KL area now, pm for deal.

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

However, PayPal also has another function where you can make personal payment to friends with no fees incurred as long as both parties' PayPal account are created in the same country. If I send you $12, you'll receive $12. If you send personal payment to someone out of Malaysia (assuming that your PayPal account is created in Malaysia), then you'll get charged a minor fee but it's still lower than a normal payment to merchant. This is the very feature that PayPal is removing away from Malaysian account. Sad

Looks like Paypal gets another negative point for this inconvenience.

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 02:11:38 PM

I'm selling BTC KL area now, Hit me on 013 369 3672, COD or online (COD prefered coz we could have teh tarik session  Grin)

@stash  - do you have bitcoin-otc account. let's trade points. He's a great seller. Bought from him 3 times. No issues.

ninjaboon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 02:13:45 PM

John, join in the group. It's a fun group for us Malaysians.

cloudstrife07

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:39:48 PM

John, join in the group. It's a fun group for us Malaysians.

yeah john. we promise that it'll be fun  Grin
mbitcoiner

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:58:37 AM

Hello ,

Please i need your help

How can i buy the best bitcoin miner hardware here for 5 GH/s or more?

how much does the 5 GH/s cost here in Malaysia?

Thank you all
stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 03:39:03 PM

@ninjaboon I don't have bitcoin-otc account.
@mbitcoiner Join me, I'm planning to buy chips and build own asic hardware. PM me if interested.

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
talexeh

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:35:58 AM

Hello ,

Please i need your help

How can i buy the best bitcoin miner hardware here for 5 GH/s or more?

how much does the 5 GH/s cost here in Malaysia?

Thank you all
Erm... define "best".

If best equals to long-lasting hardware, then it's too early to tell.

If best equals to cheapest, then I guess BFL's Jalapeno is the most affordable, though you'll most probably have to wait for 1+ year to receive it if you order now. So it's either you buy cheap & wait long; or you buy expensive & get fast.

cloudstrife07

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:40:16 AM

Anyway, I wonder how some people can do mining at home, unless they changed the meter to 3 phase, changed the Distribution Box and additional wiring.

For nomal 1 phase meter home:

1 home socket = 13A.

1 rig 1200w = 5A.

so you can go max 2 rig per socket, unless u route the 20A MCB (mini circuit breaker) from the DB which is usually used for airconds to power your rigs.  Huh
talexeh

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:51:10 PM

daggeteo has released the Q&A that he had with KNCMiner. Read away:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15js8JsyHAiGoq_ELzx0hxG4xdA9ePJrhrc8y2bbWbRc/edit

cloudstrife07

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:17:06 PM

daggeteo has released the Q&A that he had with KNCMiner. Read away:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15js8JsyHAiGoq_ELzx0hxG4xdA9ePJrhrc8y2bbWbRc/edit

u trust them?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: