Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:17:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto leavers club  (Read 6877 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:57:10 PM

People who feel like leaving may wish to park their funds it bitassets.  Want to cash out your bitcoin for Gold or even USD?  Why not use bitassets instead, bitGOLD and bitUSD, crypto that tracks the real world prices.  Its like having crypto-gold or crypto-USD.  Easily exchangeable for bitcoin in the bitshares decentralised exchange.  Just a thought for those who are seriously considering leaving.

Is there a bitSILVER yet, or is one in the pipeline?

This lists the current bitassets:
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets

bitSILVER is not 'launched' yet.  The markets open once there are 51 price feeds and a certain amount of buy/sell orders on each side.  It should be up within a few months I'd expect.

That would be a false sense of security as bitGold and bitUSD wouldn't be convertible to their real equivalents if the BTSx network dies.  Mastercoin is a good example of a hype coin that later died and BitSharesX reminds me a lot of Mastercoin - misinformation and deception and money changing hands between a few private funds in China.

It's true holding bitassets does expose you to systemic failure of Bitshares.  So far it's been working very well though.  Bitassets are collateralized by Bitshares, for them to lose their value and become uncollateralized, Bitshares (BTS) has to lose its value extremely rapidly, as in a 60% crash on all exchanges in the space of a few hours.  That kind of thing.  So it is possible but very very unlikely.  Providing that doesn't happen, a buyer of bitassets will always be able to exchange their bitasset for equivilant value of Bitshares as there will always be a short who is required by the rules of the market to cover their position and buy back the bitassets within 30 days.  I.e. 1 bitUSD is exchangeable for 1 USD worth of BTS which is then tradable for 1 real USD. 

You also earn a few percent in interest/yield by holding bitassets, like a bank account, but one that actually pays interest.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

Best advice for you all, stay in Bitcoin... buy and sell them when you think there is a high reward chance.

Just ignore the altcoin section for some months maybe even years. It will be fixed,this will just take some time until all the scamers get broke again.

when profitabilty rises they will be back in force cloning as hard as possible 100% guaranteed.

and the optimists are just morons period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias
The kind of guys that said everything will be fine on the Titanic  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:03:08 PM

It's always the juniour accounts and members who say they are leaving.   Grin

not only Wink

and yeah i am leaving and i won't even have an internet connection soon so.. it's not just talk lol

i don't think the majority say anything they simply wander off quietly.

@OP
Good luck.

I leave because i don't think it's a level playing field anymore.. it's just too corrupt and biased etc everywhere you turn.

edit:

I also have lingered to leave some guys an excuse why and offer my Fans any last minute jabs etc LOL

Some guys had since PM'd me with some questions etc before i said i left recently..
so i am stopping by occasionally out of respect for old members i spent a lot of time with.
they don't deserve a disappearing act with no warning or explanation.

How many posts and topics do you need to announce that you are leaving soon. If leaving a forum is this hard for you, you need to grow some balls.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:31:34 PM

not only Wink

and yeah i am leaving and i won't even have an internet connection soon so.. it's not just talk lol

@OP
Good luck.

I leave because i don't think it's a level playing field anymore.. it's just too corrupt and biased etc everywhere you turn.

edit:

I also have lingered to leave some guys an excuse why and offer my Fans any last minute jabs etc LOL

Some guys had since PM'd me with some questions etc before i said i left recently..
so i am stopping by occasionally out of respect for old members i spent a lot of time with.

How many posts and topics do you need to announce that you are leaving soon. If leaving a forum is this hard for you, you need to grow some balls.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Spoetnik still here?  I thought he said he was leaving.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:11:44 AM

As you might have seen from the charts there's a growing number of investors and traders who "had enough"
and left or are now leaving crypto.
What would they know?
I'm parking half of my existing bitcoins to assets
("forever"-long term) and cashing out the rest of them.
Fair call.

It's time to say GOOD BYE to the dying alt markets and leave whales to play with them selves.
I can understand your sentiments. Markets can drive anyone to despair.
I think I'm going to set up a sneaker shop in my home town, there's none of those yet.
Welcome to the crypto leavers club, share your story.
Good luck I hope it works out well, and you enjoy it. I also hope if cryptos ever come to the fore you benefit there too. All the best.

"markets"

when markets get so corrupted and full of shit, no one will play the game and they will leave.  Which is why in the real stock market you have rules and regulations against insider trading, scams, etc.  As I have said before, some people are milking this way too much and should restrain themselves, they are killing the market.

Then all that will be left is the "taking care of people" section on tor lol
i agree this place is definitely in a decline. no new people will stay here long with scams on a daily basis. i has always been some scams but the last few months have really been bad.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:02:48 AM

not only Wink

@OP
Good luck.

edit:

I dunno you tell me ..go run around and count them and get back to me son.
And do you really need to stalk me with insults ?
Read the topic title maybe.. see why i would say i was leaving now ? want me to read it out to you reeeeeal slow ?

You need to grow some balls.. look at your dummy account and look at my one account i have here i stand behind.
unlike many of you that hide like cowards with countless forum accounts that can be ditched when banned for Trolling.

The more you Trolls open your mouth the more likely i am staying.
and since your soooo good at knowing what i have said before and how many time i have repeated it then please by all means
tell us all how many times have i told you stalker Trolls that in the last month or so ? gonna get smart ?

Blah blah blah.. run at me and get knocked on your ass. 100's of times.. another KO
I am the Altcoin King with an undefeated record.. no matter how many trolls want to lurk around hunting me i dominate and own them all.. ALWAYS.

You Trolls here remind me of some cocky little 5 foot tall wanna be eThug who keeps running at me as i put them on their ass endlessly LOL
I am 6 foot 4 and i can just hold my arm out at length on your forehead and laugh at you HAhahhahahahha

PowerCordZ

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:31:06 AM

lol at people crypto leavers club , theres plenty of legit coins out there you can buy yet you choose to whine and complain here what do you expect from brand new no rep coins, should be the whiny girls club
Hiraga

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:38:15 AM

There's always people leaving on the bottoms of the markets, they don't have patience that's why they will take a loss. New buyers gladly buy it up and they will be the winners. This process happens all the time. So bye bye to the losers and welcome to the new people.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:49:11 AM

Calling all dummy accounts.. Quick man your stations !!! ALERT !!! FUD !

Whats a matter scared that fresh new blood is gonna vanish ?

I really love the deceitful and optimistic fake spin you guys put on things.
This crap has turned into a nightmare and if you can't admit it your playing dumb (for $$$) period .

Hiraga

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:53:27 AM

This crap has turned into a nightmare and if you can't admit it your playing dumb (for $$$) period .

Perhaps you should do some more research before investing, watch stock analyses etc. Get over it dude.
It looks you only post in scam threads and failed or problematic cointhreads. I'd get depressive over that too.
Better go and find some legit projects instead. You know better than this.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:56:43 AM

The sooner all pussies run away, the sooner the market recovers. Run, pussies, run!
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:19:36 AM

60% fiat, 40% (BTSX & NEOS, because they can shoot up 2-3 times in no time). We need to see stagnant price for several months before next bullrun. We're still in bearish mode when it comes to BTC.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:05:53 PM

Perhaps you should do some more research before investing, watch stock analyses etc. Get over it dude.
It looks you only post in scam threads and failed or problematic cointhreads. I'd get depressive over that too.
Better go and find some legit projects instead. You know better than this.

wow i am *almost speechless seriously LOL

do you REALLY believe that honestly ?

i 'm rocked.
i am stunned to fuck and back.. did you just stay that to me ? do you really believe that shit you spouted off ? for real ?

i don't know i can't tell anymore with so much manipulation/deceit around here with commenter's.. which uhhhhhhh makes doing research how useful ?
get it yet ?

Do your homework ?

there is not enough face palms on planet earth for that shit, fuck i could just slam my face into my keyboard with stupidity now LOLOL

HOW DO YOU DO RESEARCH WITH A SHIT LOAD LIARS ?
HOW DO YOU DO RESEARCH WHEN IF YOU ASK A QUESTION YOU GET TROLLED FOR LIFE FOR FUD'ING ?

asking questions gets you attacked, intimidated and harreased and bullied for life !
why would a nooby ask ?

it is not possible to do research the notion is utterly ridiculous nonsense.

guys tell me what in gods name would eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever fucking convince you shit is fucked up BAD ?

what is it going to take ?

sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:15:42 AM

It's true holding bitassets does expose you to systemic failure of Bitshares.  So far it's been working very well though.  Bitassets are collateralized by Bitshares, for them to lose their value and become uncollateralized, Bitshares (BTS) has to lose its value extremely rapidly, as in a 60% crash on all exchanges in the space of a few hours.  That kind of thing.  So it is possible but very very unlikely.  Providing that doesn't happen, a buyer of bitassets will always be able to exchange their bitasset for equivilant value of Bitshares as there will always be a short who is required by the rules of the market to cover their position and buy back the bitassets within 30 days.  I.e. 1 bitUSD is exchangeable for 1 USD worth of BTS which is then tradable for 1 real USD. 

You also earn a few percent in interest/yield by holding bitassets, like a bank account, but one that actually pays interest.

How's the convertibility enforced? Is it centralised - do you have to count on the good faith of humans at any point?
Shinzi Fuki

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:21:46 PM

I'd say it was mostly people not spending money on crypto for Christmas and the holidays. I figure it will pickup again after January. 
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 05:51:34 PM

I'd say it was mostly people not spending money on crypto for Christmas and the holidays. I figure it will pickup again after January. 

If the same seasonality forces that were at play last year return, I think the altcoin rebound in only days away.
meowball

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:54:52 PM

This was a funny read.  Cheesy
Spoetnik is Real Terror. hehe
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:09:06 PM

spoetnik is a bitter pill but you muricans need it for your illness.
If you're honest you got to admit he has some points there.
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

60% fiat, 40% (BTSX & NEOS, because they can shoot up 2-3 times in no time). We need to see stagnant price for several months before next bullrun. We're still in bearish mode when it comes to BTC.

Although we feel we are on a roller coaster ride right now, in a few years we might think the current price was stagnating for months, only going up and down by a tiny amount like $200.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:59:32 AM

yeah 99% of alt coins will die (or be close enough to death to not matter), markets been oversaturated for awhile and getting worse.  even non scamcoins only have a handful of faithfulls interested, monies spread too thin on too many doing the exact same thing.

most now just do any new coin for a very shortterm play, only the delusional think  any of the coins created last 6 month + will come to anything.

sooner or later most in the alt market will consolidate back into btc or ltc (despite the constant fud), as thats where the investor money and only decent liquidity is (liquidity in trading is more important then price).

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: