Author Topic: :  (Read 12671 times)
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 04:34:57 PM

I'm just putting this out there.

There will be no direct QE from the Fed, but it will be done through the back door of inflating currencies other than the USD. Because, their aim is not to create a net inflation for the USD, but for all the world's currencies as a whole. The net effect will be the world chasing after USD.

Do I think gold and BTC will keep pace with the USD? Yes I do.

If I am correct we will continue to see an erosion of USD as a percent of BTC trading volume. Currently 74% as reported by Bitcoincharts. And a concomitant reduction of Gox's market share as it is largely driven by USD volume, currently 61%. 

The Fed did not ease.

USD Share 73%
Gox Share 60%

The Fed didn't have a meeting...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:00:07 PM

There will be no direct QE from the Fed, but it will be done through the back door of inflating currencies other than the USD. Because, their aim is not to create a net inflation for the USD, but for all the world's currencies as a whole. The net effect will be the world chasing after USD.

If I am correct we will continue to see an erosion of USD as a percent of BTC trading volume. Currently 74% as reported by Bitcoincharts. And a concomitant reduction of Gox's market share as it is largely driven by USD volume, currently 61%. 

The Fed did not ease.

USD Share 73%
Gox Share 60%

The Fed doesn't have to have a meeting to send out signals...

uh ok you said "The Fed did not ease."  You didn't say, the Fed sent signals today..

Of course they didn't ease today..  You can say that everyday, but the only day it's relevant is when they have a meeting.. The next one is June 19-20..
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:46:55 PM

The Fed did not ease.

USD Share 73%
Gox Share 60%

The Fed doesn't have to have a meeting to send out signals...

uh ok you said "The Fed did not ease."  You didn't say, the Fed sent signals today..

Of course they didn't ease today..  You can say that everyday, but the only day it's relevant is when they have a meeting.. The next one is June 19-20..

That's the way it really works though. Please forgive my imprecise language. Everyone seemed so certain that a direct QE3 is going to happen. The Bernank effectively neutralized that signal. Fed QE3 is not going to happen...

Since he neutralized the signal PMs dropped. DXY went up. The world is chasing USD, which is exactly what I would expect to happen.

Lol, So its just not possible that on June19-20 they ease anyways, even thu the Bernake didn't address it today..  Or they ease the meeting after that, or the meeting after that.. 

The Fed WILL ease!  The Fed will raise rates!  The Fed will lower rates!   Thats what the Fed does..
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:53:38 PM

China just dropped rates 25 basis points, so this theory might have some legs. I don't know how they are extending the pressure on other countries to do this, though.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:03:17 PM

Lol, So its just not possible that on June19-20 they ease anyways, even thu the Bernake didn't address it today..  Or they ease the meeting after that, or the meeting after that.. 

The Fed WILL ease!  The Fed will raise rates!  The Fed will lower rates!   Thats what the Fed does..

My pronouncement is for the immediately tradeable future. Should I see things differently you may see a thread entitled "The Fed will ease". But that is not where we are now.

Fact of the matter is, the Fed has little or no dry powder. The more that other CBs ease without the Fed having to do so gives them more room to move. They will allow this to happen by sitting on their hands...

Define immediately..  3 Fed meetings??  next week?  I can unequivocally say that the Fed will in fact not ease next week Wink.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:12:42 PM

My pronouncement is for the immediately tradeable future. Should I see things differently you may see a thread entitled "The Fed will ease". But that is not where we are now.

Fact of the matter is, the Fed has little or no dry powder. The more that other CBs ease without the Fed having to do so gives them more room to move. They will allow this to happen by sitting on their hands...

Define immediately..  3 Fed meetings??  next week?  I can unequivocally say that the Fed will in fact not ease next week Wink.

Until conditions change. This is an assessment of current conditions, not dogma...

Lol, I predict that you will never take a shit again..  Well.. until conditions change..
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:06:24 PM

Aaaaand—the Fed basically sits on its hands...

The Fed will leave QE to other CBs.

Naw they extended twist and pretty much said any more bad news and we will QE next meeting.  Like there won't be bad news.  QE for sure next meeting.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:44:16 PM

Naw they extended twist and pretty much said any more bad news and we will QE next meeting.  Like there won't be bad news.  QE for sure next meeting.

it won't matter.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:55:48 PM

"extended twist"

lol

the acronyms and cheesy sound bites have gotten ABSURD.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:10:18 AM

Heavily funded by the Fed via the IMF and swaps and other routes, of course.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:54:06 AM

Heavily funded by the Fed via the IMF and swaps and other routes, of course.

Of course. And the Fed can basically force their hand by doing nothing at this point.

Fed sitting on hands have any influence on the upcoming Eurobonds? ouch
http://www.thelocal.fr/3581/20120621/
http://video.ft.com/v/1698049499001/Eurobonds-are-the-answer
etc, etc.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:48:11 AM

I love the way the media keeps trying to make what bernanke said to mean what they would like it to mean.

I.E.,
Media; Bernanke have said that, "We will persue whatever is neccesary to prevent economic hardship and can still use QE if needed."

Bernanke; We have reinstated operation twist (BIG FAT COMMA HERE), through THIS we are using all neccesary options."

Forgive me for I know that is not the exact quote. Buttt, I do know that he said exactly, "operation twist, through THIS........." before he made any mention what so ever about the fact that QE option still exists. Yep, it sure does, it always will. But there was no indication of him having any intention of using it now or when the twist reinstatement expires.

The media wants so bad to make it sound as if the fed is actively considering QE... oh well, that's why we don't get our info from the news. We actually read, listen and evaluate what is written, said and there to examine.

forgive my ramble and poor grammar. Been a long day already. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:11:47 PM

Is more OT kinda ease ?

miscreanity
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 04:21:51 PM

Is more OT kinda ease ?
Jawboning QE does more than OT.

Absolutely, in 'markets' where the only real participants have access to unlimited funds and are the ones talking up QE. Makes it awfully easy to paint the charts when there's no opposition because nobody else of size is playing (or they're colluding... China).
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:02:34 PM

Bad enough for the Fed to do something?

NOPE

of course not.  What was the latest? I've not bothered checking in on any of it lately.

- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:30:37 PM

NOPE

of course not.  What was the latest? I've not bothered checking in on any of it lately.

Jobs report. Next will be the end of July FOMC, but the one to really watch will be Jackson Hole.

Ahh yes, the jobs report. I caught the media version of it. They of course made sure to only show 'jobs added' which was pitiful on its own. But they made sure to not contrast it with the number of jobs lost for the same period. And people eat that shit up don't they?

I'm familiar with Jackson Hole, WY. What JH are you refering to?

- GA

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:33:33 PM

NOPE

Jobs report. Next will be the end of July FOMC, but the one to really watch will be Jackson Hole.

Ahh yes, the jobs report. I caught the media version of it. They of course made sure to only show 'jobs added' which was pitiful on its own. But they made sure to not contrast it with the number of jobs lost for the same period. And people eat that shit up don't they?

its a banker lovefest in October where last year Bennie announced Operation Twist which jacked the market up to its present highs.  that's when i went long stocks.
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:40:54 PM

its a banker lovefest in October where last year Bennie announced Operation Twist which jacked the market up to its present highs.  that's when i went long stocks.

Gotcha. Guess my invitation got lost in the mail. ;p

- GA

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:04:51 PM

Oh lookee—DXY is near a two year high...

shhhhh.  i've been trying to keep that under wraps!
miscreanity
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:05:24 PM

Suckers Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: