Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc mining in the browser  (Read 1824 times)
syn (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 02:46:54 PM

Just caught this in twitter --> http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate

Basically from what I can tell is that you're using some sort of java process to do the mining.  Java is NOT great at crunching numbers, but it is excellent at being quickly and widely distributed.  Someone should create a miner in flash (which I believe can access some of the graphics libraries, and maybe get into the gpu).

This is the sort of innovation that we've needed.  I actually think the "official" bitcoin client will be dead soon, and in it's place will be many various deployments of it (some closed source, some open) that the only thing they have in common, is adherence to the protocol.

Cool
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 02:56:11 PM

It would be cool to link that to a pool and a gambling site. You spend 10 minuets letting it go, get .00001BTC then buy a lottery ticket. Or you let it go overnight, put it on 19 on the roulette wheel and cash out .02BTC when you hit it.

Haha, or no pool and it'll just be a lottery already.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 02:58:54 PM

https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8780.msg127422
here you go :p

ZOMG Moo!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: