Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:20:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: ---> BTC.sx <--- Bitcoin Trading Platform  (Read 3697 times)
BTC.sx (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 08:38:44 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 10:10:01 AM by BTC.sx

Hi Bitcoin Talk! We are BTC.sx

We are an easy-to-use trading platform. With BTC.sx, you can use leverage to make trades on the order books of multiple exchanges. Unlike other platforms that use contracts or betting, your trades are actually executed on the exchange's order book. This allows you to move the market and obtain a reasonable price position during highly volatile periods.

About Us
We were first established in 2013 by Joe Lee, who you may know as Seal (Hero Member and Donator) on these forums. The other co-founders are George Samman (COO), who is a former Wall Street Portfolio Manager, and Vincent Hoong (CFO), who is a Chartered Accountant and an Economics Analyst prior to joining BTC.sx. In total, the team now consists of eight bitcoin enthusiasts with very strong credentials in finance, IT and business. After processing $44 million of trade volume in under a year, we received 500 bitcoin in seed-funding from Seedcoin.

Features
1) Trade with 2:1, 5:1 or 10:1 leverage
2) Sell limits and regular or trailing stops
3) No subscription, deposit or withdrawal fees
4) Trade on three different exchanges from one account
5) All orders actually go through supported exchanges. Unlike exchanges that use contracts for betting, your trades are executed on the exchanges' order books. This allows you to move the market and obtain a reasonable price position during highly volatile periods.

Purpose of This Thread
1) Obtain community feedback
2) Share latest announcements
3) Answer your questions.

Social Media

Latest Announcements

20th January 2015 - BTC.sx Trade Placement Update
14th January 2015 - BTC.sx - Bitstamp Trading Status Update
26th November 2014 - BTC.sx Lowers Trading Fees by 20%
11th November 2014 - BTC.sx Lowers Stop Loss Limit
4th November 2014 - BTC.sx Partners with Bitfinex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:57:28 PM

Is Seal still the operator of this site?
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

Yes he is still co-founder and CEO.

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Could you get him to post here just to clear this up? Thanks! Is this account the official representative for btc.sx now?
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 09:06:35 PM

Could you get him to post here just to clear this up? Thanks! Is this account the official representative for btc.sx now?
Yes I have just sent Joe a message on Skype.  He is not in the office right now (it is late here in the UK), so he may not post until the morning.

This is the official account for BTC.sx now.  As we have grown, it is no longer practical to continue to ask Joe (Seal) to post things from his personal account.  It is much easier and professional to use one company-wide account that is accessible to everyone on the team.

Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 09:36:43 PM

Yes I have just sent Joe a message on Skype.  He is not in the office right now (it is late here in the UK), so he may not post until the morning.

This is the official account for BTC.sx now.  As we have grown, it is no longer practical to continue to ask Joe (Seal) to post things from his personal account.  It is much easier and professional to use one company-wide account that is accessible to everyone on the team.

Hi marcotheminer and everyone else, I'm here! Yes I can verify that BTC.sx on Bitcointalk is an official account!

I'd like to first acknowledge the community as our startup's growth has skyrocketed since its original launch was announced on Bitcointalk. We then ran one of the longest running signature campaigns on the forum which gave me the chance to give bitcoins to new members of the community looking to get their first bitcoins though signature advertising schemes. Although the schemes have now ended, I'm proud to have had the chance to give back.

In reality, this forum is a resource which is incredibly valuable to me especially when I was considering what Bitcoin startup to create. Through these posts I'd like to keep the community informed of our progress as we work towards improving Bitcoin's growing ecosystem and share our startup's journey along the way.

P.s. A lot of people still ask me about the trading bots I used to run which are covered on Coindesk's article here: http://www.coindesk.com/how-to-trade-bitcoins-bot-software-sleep/
FYI, I learned a lot of the techniques from the contents of this forum and even shared some of its inner workings on here too Smiley. I no longer run them but I'm happy to answer questions about them for the curious.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:55:49 PM

Hi marcotheminer and everyone else, I'm here! Yes I can verify that BTC.sx on Bitcointalk is an official account!

I'd like to first acknowledge the community as our startup's growth has skyrocketed since its original launch was announced on Bitcointalk. We then ran one of the longest running signature campaigns on the forum which gave me the chance to give bitcoins to new members of the community looking to get their first bitcoins though signature advertising schemes. Although the schemes have now ended, I'm proud to have had the chance to give back.

In reality, this forum is a resource which is incredibly valuable to me especially when I was considering what Bitcoin startup to create. Through these posts I'd like to keep the community informed of our progress as we work towards improving Bitcoin's growing ecosystem and share our startup's journey along the way.

P.s. A lot of people still ask me about the trading bots I used to run which are covered on Coindesk's article here: http://www.coindesk.com/how-to-trade-bitcoins-bot-software-sleep/
FYI, I learned a lot of the techniques from the contents of this forum and even shared some of its inner workings on here too Smiley. I no longer run them but I'm happy to answer questions about them for the curious.

Thanks for the confirmation Seal! I still remember taking part in the campaign, thanks again.

Have a good day.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:23:13 AM

Great trading platform.
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 07:01:27 AM

Great trading platform.
Thank you!

BearWhaleLives

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:45:27 PM

Been looking for another place to short Bitcoin. Will give this a try
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

Why are fees quite high?
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:58:36 PM

Why are fees quite high?
As the Bitcoin trading space has become more competitive, average fees have fallen and we have been slow to respond to this change. However we have recently decided to revise our fee structure - you can expect a formal announcement very, very soon

marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:21:22 PM

Why are fees quite high?
As the Bitcoin trading space has become more competitive, average fees have fallen and we have been slow to respond to this change. However we have recently decided to revise our fee structure - you can expect a formal announcement very, very soon

Any updates?
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 11:47:29 AM

Why are fees quite high?

Any updates?
Not as of yet. I will post the announcement in here when we do have an update

vanxoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:55:51 PM

btc.sx is very recommended, im always use it, and mobile friendly.
Neo501

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:47:23 PM

looks great. good job
kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:58:14 PM

I knew btc.sx a while ago from twitter, not look good on my mobile phone, but will try soon.
BearWhaleLives

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:39:07 PM

Awesome site.  Been using it to short Bitcoin and made quite a bit of money.  It's a tough life being a bear  Cool
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:32:04 PM

btc.sx is very recommended, im always use it, and mobile friendly.

Thanks a lot!

DirkMasline

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:19:25 AM

Does it upgrade version, I saw it was not like this last time.

Could you integrate LakeBTC into platform? I just think btc.sx looks a bit like its Laketrader
BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:57:10 PM

Does it upgrade version, I saw it was not like this last time.

Could you integrate LakeBTC into platform? I just think btc.sx looks a bit like its Laketrader
We have given our website a make-over recently. So it will look a bit different and we now support Bitfinex and itBit.

Integrating other exchanges is on the agenda.

BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 01:36:27 PM

We are pleased to announce that our trading fees have been reduced by 20% effective from Black Friday.

Furthermore, the daily interest charge on leveraged positions has been reduced by 50%. The new fee structure comes into effect at 00:00 GMT Friday 28th November.

Starting from Black Friday, the fee structure is as follows:
Trade opening fee: 0.48% of position size (20% reduction)
Trade closing fee: 0.48% of position size (20% reduction)
Daily interest charge: free up to 24 hours. After 24 hours, 0.3% of position size (50% reduction).

Deposits, withdrawals and holding of funds remain free for BTC.sx traders.

Joseph Lee, Co-Founder and CEO, explains that "At BTC.sx we make a huge effort to listen and respond to feedback from our traders and the wider Bitcoin community.

"Overall, we are closely aligning the success of BTC.sx and our traders. Positions with BTC.sx actually execute on order books. This allows us to avoid taking opposite positions against our traders. The new fees are also designed to help our traders increase their profits too."

The fee announcement comes after a year of rapid growth for us. Since November 2013 we have:
- Grown their user base by 400%
- Integrated three exchanges (Bitstamp, Bitfinex and itBit)
- Added six people to their team.

BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 10:00:24 AM

Happy Bitcoin Black Friday!

We are pleased to announce that our trading fees have been reduced by 20%.

To place a trade visit https://btc.sx

Furthermore, the daily interest charge on leveraged positions has been reduced by 50%. The new fee structure comes into effect at 00:00 GMT Friday 28th November.

Starting from Black Friday, the fee structure is as follows:
Trade opening fee: 0.48% of position size (20% reduction)
Trade closing fee: 0.48% of position size (20% reduction)
Daily interest charge: free up to 24 hours. After 24 hours, 0.3% of position size (50% reduction).

Please make sure to log-out and then login again to activate the reduction.

BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 12:50:53 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 01:01:59 PM by BTC.sx

Following customer feedback we are pleased to introduce a number of UI enhancements:

1) All profit calculations now include trading fees

2) A break-even calculator

3) A profit and loss statement for each trade

Learn more about the changes here

Or see them live here

BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 07:57:05 PM

On the 13th of January 2015, trading on Bitstamp through the BTC.sx trading platform resumed. The re-opening of trading has commenced smoothly with users reporting quick and reliable order execution.

Those users that had active trades on Bitstamp with our trading platform have received a full refund. We remain dedicated to operating with fiduciary responsibility and continue to refuse to impose socialized losses. Furthermore, our traders’ funds remained safe in cold wallet storage during the breach of Bitstamp’s hot wallet.

Those choosing to trade with BTC.sx had full access to their accounts during the Bitstamp downtime. Besides being able to make deposits and withdrawals, our traders were also able to switch to trading on Bitfinex or itBit instantly. This allowed many traders to take advantage of a falling bitcoin price by entering short positions with up to 10x leverage.

Click here to visit BTC.sx and see for yourself how easy it is to switch between trading on multiple exchanges.

BTC.sx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:02:29 PM

BTC.sx Trade Placement Update

At BTC.sx we continually develop user interface features that make trading with us a more enjoyable and profitable experience. Today, we are pleased to introduce a position size slider:

The slider allows users to quickly, and accurately, adjust position sizes before placing a trade. Traders will find this useful during volatile periods where speed is crucial.

How to trade with the position size slider

Selecting an exchange, choosing leverage and the changing advanced trade options remain exactly the same. However, adjusting the position size is now different.

To adjust the position slide quickly, simply click and drag the grey circle button:

If small adjustments to the position size need to be made, click on the edit button next to the position size value:

Now this field can be edited to achieve the exact position size value that is desired:

As usual, click the sell or buy button to execute the trade when the desired position size is selected.

Click here to visit our website and try the new position size slider for yourself.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 09:11:15 PM

I trade on bitfinex directly since some time. At least learning a bit. Pricy learning curve for sure, though at least on certain markets i have a good prediction rate sometimes. The problem is that predicting the same price movement in winning direction is not the same like having the same price movement in losing direction. The problem is the fee. Even the 0.2% on bitfinex can mean a hard time to only get back the fees for a buy and sell cycle. Now btc.sx has 2.5 times the trading fee which sounds pretty hard to make a profit with it. So is there a way to have a way lower fee?

Another question i have is how you do the trading. You claim to trade actually on the exchanges though bitfinex doesnt offer 10:1 leverage. And bitstamt doesnt offer at all. So you offer the funds? How are you insured in case some wins really big with a real good investment and 10 times leverage?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:53:58 AM

Log-in problems this morning ??
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: