Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Selling online never been easier thanks to Mt.Gox's new “Pay Now” button!  (Read 3911 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 07:44:02 AM

As soon as someone starts using this feature to buy and sell Magic cards the circle will be complete.

thread has been won, close the internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 12:56:06 PM

does this only work when I have my balance at MtGox?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:23:57 PM

Feature request: The ability to view and delete buttons that have been created. Unless I missed something obvious, there is no way to see buttons that I have created once I have navigated away from the page where I make them.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:08:35 PM

Feature request: The ability to view and delete buttons that have been created. Unless I missed something obvious, there is no way to see buttons that I have created once I have navigated away from the page where I make them.

+1 

A choice of different button sizes would be nice as well, particularly smaller ones. 
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:50:01 PM

How many people? How much money? How long have they been waiting? When do you expect a resolution?

I think the bigger concern, that I've not seen addressed, is that MtGox may be insolvent.

What is the cause of the problem affecting these "few people".  Is it that you don't have enough US dollars to pay them?

You are unable to process large dollar transactions and many of us suspect it's because of insolvency

I sincerely hope you're wrong about solvency problems.

Well, is he?

I suspect if it's large dollar transactions there is money-laundering issues. Anything over 1,000EUR generally has additional checks required, and anything right under 10,000 or lots of amounts around the same amount of time, has to be scrutinized for deliberate circumvention of money laundering rules.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:51:55 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 05:44:22 PM by crazy_rabbit

As stated, we clearly said that a few people has been affected when it comes to Deposit/Withdraw in USD, we are working on it.
These kinds of vague answers are entirely unhelpful and destroy confidence. How many people? How much money? How long have they been waiting? When do you expect a resolution?

If it's 5 people, $100,000, nobody's been waiting more than a month, and you expect a resolution in a month, that's one thing. If it's 250 people, $5,000,000, people have been waiting three months, and you have no idea when there will be a solution, that's a completely different problem.

People are trying to decide whether to trust you with their fortunes and livelihoods. "Some people are having a problem we are working on" doesn't cut it.

You pretty clearly described exactly the situation when money laundering regulations, and the regulations regarding attempted circumvention of money laundering come into effect. MtGox would be in violation (I believe) of most money laundering regulations if suddenly a whole bunch of people withdrew USD with each transaction being a bit under 10,000USD.

As an EDIT: The sort of data you wish you had from MtGox might be secret for a variety of reasons. You could potentially figure out their financial situation, or if someone is really doing something nefarious divulging everything might tip them off, or one could learn scope out their safeguards.

Companies, especially financial ones have plenty of reasons to keep this sort of data secret. Sure they could be in trouble, but everyone knowing that lessens their ability to maybe rectify the situation.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: