Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SafeDice.com - 0.5% Variable House Edge  (Read 7959 times)
SF-Man

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:20:11 AM

you should add faucet

it will attract a lot of people!!!

Thank you for the suggestion pure, but there are also lot of controversy about faucet. Currently we are still trying to attract people with features other than faucet.

What controversy is that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:39:17 AM

you should add faucet

Thank you for the suggestion pure, but there are also lot of controversy about faucet. Currently we are still trying to attract people with features other than faucet.

bot users, PD is having problems with them
Sam.Walton (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:42:51 AM

you should add faucet

This one... Tongue

how about you add faucet for a few days so we can test the site Smiley
Faucet is important so that we can try the site out.

faucet invites bot users thus makes the site slower and some beggars that spam.
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:15:38 AM

Do you guys plan to remove the faucet due to that?

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:20:18 AM

you should add faucet

yes they do!!!

it's like your having a few friends over for beers next thing you know theor 70 peeps and all drunk and puke all over house

then crash over night

and they never leave
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:46:19 AM

Do you guys plan to remove the faucet due to that?

We have nothing to remove since we never had it Cool

you should add faucet

yes they do!!!

it's like your having a few friends over for beers next thing you know theor 70 peeps and all drunk and puke all over house

then crash over night

and they never leave

Cheesy
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 04:54:46 PM

you should add faucet

IMO their bankroll is much too small to support a faucet. The max bet for what their bankroll (~11 BTC currently) can support is only a little bit larger then what faucets would give out. Plus you have the issue of the fact that the bankroll is investor funded

An alternate suggestion would be to allow people to play with "play" money that cannot be withdrawn and is kept track of separately then real bitcoin deposited.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:19:30 AM

you should add faucet

IMO their bankroll is much too small to support a faucet. The max bet for what their bankroll (~11 BTC currently) can support is only a little bit larger then what faucets would give out. Plus you have the issue of the fact that the bankroll is investor funded

An alternate suggestion would be to allow people to play with "play" money that cannot be withdrawn and is kept track of separately then real bitcoin deposited.

this also a good suggestion because there are dice sites that has no faucet but was able to get supportive members
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:20:28 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 03:48:25 AM by dooglus

I found a bug with the site.

I set the payout multiplier to 2, set the stake to 0.01, and started martingaling.

I lost 0.01, lost 0.02, tried to double again (using the 'w' hotkey) but it wouldn't let me bet 0.04.

Pressing 'w' with the stake at 0.02 changed the stake to 0.04 as expected, and changed the chance of winning from 49.75% to 49.662% (that's to be expected, since 0.04 is more than 0.25% of the 11.8 BTC bankroll). When I hit 'h' to roll, nothing happened. I checked the javascript console and saw error messages:

(click to enlarge)

Is there a bug bounty on this site? If so, please credit it to my on-site balance. Smiley

Edit: I should mention that I tried changing the chance to 50% and then it let me bet - I had to go quite high before I ended up winning. Then I switched back to 2x again, and the bug happened again as soon as I got up to betting 0.04 BTC on a roll - so this wasn't a random site outage - it's very likely to be related to the specific bet I'm trying to make.

Edit2: I won a bit more and withdrew my balance without any trouble. Then I clicked 'history' and noticed that it only showed a single deposit and a single withdrawal, both from a week ago. It should have shown two of each, since I deposited and withdrew today. Reloading the page fixed it, but I shouldn't have to reload to get the history updated.

Edit3: I think the problem is that when the payout multiplier is fixed, and you calculate the chance from it, you're rounding up instead of down, giving a slightly lower house edge than intended, which the server then rejects. When I'm trying to bet 0.04 to win 2x, the chance is set to 49.662%, but if I put 49.662% in the chance box, the payout is a little under 2x. I ended up editing the chance to 49.661%, the payout went a little over 2x, and it let me bet. I suspect you can fix this by rounding down instead of up when calculating the chance from the payout multiplier.

Edit4: The variable house edge feature works pretty well (other than the error I reported above). Here's a screenshot showing how the site got me betting against a 5% house edge - something I would normally never even consider doing. Smiley

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:04:45 AM

you should add faucet

this also a good suggestion because there are dice sites that has no faucet but was able to get supportive members

But wouldn't that will be confusing for the player? It's like integrating test server and real server at the same time.
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:10:20 AM

Hi Doog... Thank you for founding those problem!

Edit3: I think the problem is that when the payout multiplier is fixed, and you calculate the chance from it, you're rounding up instead of down, giving a slightly lower house edge than intended, which the server then rejects. When I'm trying to bet 0.04 to win 2x, the chance is set to 49.662%, but if I put 49.662% in the chance box, the payout is a little under 2x. I ended up editing the chance to 49.661%, the payout went a little over 2x, and it let me bet. I suspect you can fix this by rounding down instead of up when calculating the chance from the payout multiplier.

That's very good observation. It does related to rounding but not exactly because of round down / up problem. It is because the server reject an unavailable payout. Here's our explanation.

• When the user manually set the payout, browser will round the payout to the nearest possible payout (because roll number / win chance is actually a discrete number) after the user is done editing
  • With variable H.E. the payout can change in realtime. When the H.E. changed, browser changes the win change according to the user payout.
  • However, the payout still remain the same, and those exact payout doesn't always available (remember that roll number is discrete).
  • When the user rolls, SD's server check the roll integrity and found that the submitted payout slightly missed, therefore the safety mechanism rejects the roll (our log literally wrote "impossible payout" Cheesy).

We have fixed this issue now, the payout will now change to the nearest possible payout automatically when the H.E. changed.

Is there a bug bounty on this site? If so, please credit it to my on-site balance. Smiley

Done! We don't have a bug bounty program, but may reward it in an ad hoc manner. Many thanks for all the reports and suggestions so far Doog Smiley

Edit4: The variable house edge feature works pretty well (other than the error I reported above). Here's a screenshot showing how the site got me betting against a 5% house edge - something I would normally never even consider doing. Smiley

Lol, luckily you won those bet Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: