Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the owner of these Bitcoin nodes (46.105.210.*)?  (Read 1834 times)
songchenwen (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:34:15 AM

These nodes with IP address 46.105.210.* suddenly came out from nowhere.

These nodes all seem normal. They have the latest blocks and the version code 0.9.3. You can ask blocks from them. But you can not send transactions through them. When you send Tx hash to them, they never come back to you for the Tx detail.

Is there any thing special that nodes like these are made for?
disclosure

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:35:55 AM

They don't respond to ping either. I dropped them from Bitnodes crawler (https://github.com/ayeowch/bitnodes/blob/master/crawl.conf#L46) as they don't seem to be contributing to the network. The nodes are hosted by OVH and they give you free /24 IP block when you subscribe with them. So, it is likely that the nodes from 46.105.210.* are operated by the same owner.
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

When you send Tx hash to them, they never come back to you for the Tx detail.

Have you tried to send tx with non-dust amount and reasonable fee only to these nodes?
Was it mined in reasonable time?

Is there any thing special that nodes like these are made for?
Bitcoin network traffic sniffing & analyzing. Usually, there is more than enough to have one node for such work.
Wondering why do they have several IP addresses.
songchenwen (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:51:27 AM

Have you tried to send tx with non-dust amount and reasonable fee only to these nodes?
Was it mined in reasonable time?

Yes, my tx is standard. And when I send it to other nodes, it gets confirmed soon.

Bitcoin network traffic sniffing & analyzing. Usually, there is more than enough to have one node for such work.
Wondering why do they have several IP addresses.

I'm wondering too.
songchenwen (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:01:47 AM

They don't respond to ping either. I dropped them from Bitnodes crawler (https://github.com/ayeowch/bitnodes/blob/master/crawl.conf#L46) as they don't seem to be contributing to the network. The nodes are hosted by OVH and they give you free /24 IP block when you subscribe with them. So, it is likely that the nodes from 46.105.210.* are operated by the same owner.

One free VPS does not seem to have the enough space to run a Bitcoin full node. I think he is doing some other kind of work but appears as full nodes on the Bitcoin networks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: