Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:02:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 108322 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:46:52 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 06:42:45 AM by Bicknellski

Which escrows, if any, are known in real life and provided details about their business address?

Would you not want to make sure these people are vetted and are able to be reached in real life?

Seems to me that should be a prime requirement for any escrow.

Based on that AVOID people especially like Quickseller who are steadfast in keeping their identity hidden while supporting known VAT fraudsters like dogie.

Personally I provided escrow for a group of investors and held nearly $80,000 USD and was able to pay for components. Further I was able to get a refund when those components didn't come in and I immediately refunded every last BTC of that investment without fail or question. I am certainly far more trustworthy than Quickseller ever will be based on one escrow that I provided. I am known. My personal details were made available and that was the minimum you have to provide when you are dealing with others assets. Why is he hiding his identity? Why did you continually call for people not provide personal information when holding others assets? I wonder?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:48:44 AM

Which escrows, if any, are known in real life and provided details about their business address?

Would you not want to make sure these people are vetted and are able to be reached in real life?

I think it is a good idea, but a lot if users want to stay anonymous. It is also for a question of security Wink.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:50:47 AM

I think it is a good idea, but a lot if users want to stay anonymous. It is also for a question of security Wink.

That is a stupid risk. Very stupid. You have no 'absolute' security from any escrow, but especially so for an anonymous escrow.

I used John the Dong in the day and he was KNOWN. These people are not dealing tens of thousands of dollars or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Most 100$ of dollars up to thousands maybe. What security do they employ now? Obviously they have ties to others in these forums and are KNOWN to some so is that not a weakness already? How do we know who they confide in about their identity?

You really shouldn't be accepting Quicksellers word for it or those who "vouch" for him. That is just not a good starting point.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 05:58:26 AM

If you don't trust any escrow, just don't use their service.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:00:25 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 07:18:27 AM by Bicknellski

Hey if you want to add anything, how about something of substance not wasted one liner platitudes.

WE ALL KNOW NEVER RISK ANYMORE THAN YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE THAT IS BASELINE BITCOINTALK.

The question I have is simple. Why aren't people demanding for MORE information?

Seems simple right?

Why trust an anonymous asshole like Quickseller and put him on a list here on the internet. Especially when that said 'escrow' remains anonymous and pushes negative agenda for known scammer?

Those are the questions not being asked!

You can't put people on a list like this and not do more due diligence especially with someone as controversial as Quickseller.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:02:54 AM

Hey if you want to add anything how about something of substance.

WE ALL KNOW NEVER RISK ANYMORE THAN YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE.

The question I have is simple why aren't people asking for MORE information?

Seems simple right?

People trust the escrow they use, so they don't ask more information.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:06:52 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 07:23:40 AM by Bicknellski

Seems simple right?

[sarcasm]Well then problem solved. They 'trust' a known supporter of a scam and his name is plastered on list as 'reputable' or 'trustworthy'. [/sarcasm]

You are not really helping make this a safer environment for users who want better more trustworthy escrows. Is this not the POINT of this thread? Or is it merely to post all escrow options whether or not some are more circumspect than others? And if that is the case who is the OP and why would he not put a fair warning on some of these escrows with regards to their anonymity?

You need another column. Zefir was clear as day about his ID and how he could be reached in the event there were issues. It is lazy to just say people "trust" an escrow. You have to do more than post a table.

Trust
Yeah right: shut up and give me your money!

If unsure whether to trust me, write down 10 Bitcoin members you respect most and check if they can vouch for me.

Communication

I live in Switzerland (TZ: UTC+02) and have a exhausting day-job, which limits me to communicate in my evening hours. So if I did not respond to your email or your post within some hours, it is just because I'm at work. Please be patient.

Cheers,
Zefir

Escrow

I did not offer escrow for a simple reason: as soon as the payments fill up to 782.1 BTC, I'll order another batch. No idea how long the chips will be in stock, but I would like to act fast. BTW, John and Graet escrowed my ASICMINER board seat auction, they can vouch for me.

Reservation, Payments

Some users ask for reservations, since they can't get hold of BTC fast. No need to hurry, you have two weeks time and I'll ensure there will be enough chips for anyone (other than they are out of stock). Also, only BTC payments. The blockhain is the indisputable proof of your payment, let's use it as is and prevent manual accounting.

This is a REPUTABLE escrow... he has a business address. He is KNOWN. What has Quickseller provided informationally? Nothing.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:09:24 AM

Seems simple right?

[sarcasm]Well then problem solved. They 'trust' a known supporter of a scam and his name is plastered on list as 'reputable' or 'trustworthy'. [/sarcasm]

You are not really helping make this a safer environment for users who want better more trustworthy escrows. Is this not the POINT of this thread? Of is it merely to post all escrow options whether or not some are more circumspect than others?

You are talking about QS or all escrows in this list?

P.S. All people* in this list are so far trustworthy and hasn't shown any shady behavior.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:10:15 AM

Seems simple right?

You are not really helping make this a safer environment for users who want better more trustworthy escrows.

It is only a problem of trust and I know bitcoin does not  teach us to trust  third part services.... But it is our decision to trust someone.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:11:59 AM

Seems simple right?

You are not really helping make this a safer environment for users who want better more trustworthy escrows.

It is only a problem of trust and I know bitcoin does not  teach us to trust  third part services.... But it is our decision to trust someone.

Well 3rd party services should be better VETTED especially ones like Quickseller. It doesn't require a lot of thought and or work to set up a more rigorous system that allow for the vetting in Real Life of these escrows. Not a hey he is a good guy I trust sort of list that is just going to end badly for everyone using some of these more anonymous and questionable service providers especially ones like Quickseller.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:14:33 AM

Seems simple right?

It is only a problem of trust and I know bitcoin does not  teach us to trust  third part services.... But it is our decision to trust someone.

Well 3rd party services should be better VETTED especially ones like Quickseller.

Quickseller is so far trustworthy. If he starts doing shady things, he will be removed from this list(or at least I assume).

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:23:00 AM

No he is not trustworthy.

The evidence is clear on the libelous negative trust he left me and his support for Dogie a known and proven VAT and Mail fraudster.

I have done $80,000 USD plus in escrow services comparatively to Quickseller few hundred dollars that alone gives me more weight as an escrow than he ever will have and yet I was negative rep'd by him, the guy who hides behind his anonymity most likely because he is directly tied to dogie in some manner?

So since I am a known, reputable and ethical escrow provider I hereby state in this thread that I do not trust him. Nor should anyone else given his current support of Adam Allcock aka dogie in the well documented VAT and Mail fraud.

He should have an asterisk next to his name at the very least indicating he is circumspect if not just being removed outright for his attack on me a known reputable escrow would be the right way to handle this problem.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:26:41 AM

No he is not trustworthy.

The evidence is clear on the libelous negative trust he left me and his support for Dogie a known and proven VAT and Mail fraudster.

I have done $80,000 USD plus in escrow services comparatively to Quickseller few hundred dollars that alone gives me more weight as an escrow than he ever will have and yet I was negative rep by him who hides behind his anonymity most likely because he is directly tied to dogie in some manner?

So since I am a known, reputable and ethical escrow provider I hereby state in this thread that I do not trust him. Nor should anyone else given his current support of Adam Allcock aka dogie in the well documented VAT and Mail fraud.

He should have an asterisk next to his name at the very least indicating he is circumspect.

Dogie isn't a proven VAT and Mail fraudster. That is speculation and smear attack or did I miss any post in any of the anti-Doge threads?

Most of them see QS as a trustworthy user, so your comment probably won't change it but you are free to warn users.

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:30:29 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 07:31:22 AM by Bicknellski

No the evidence is not a SMEAR and it has been carefully laid out in a single post for everyone to see and it is well documented.

The evidence for Adam Allcock's MAIL FRAUD and the VAT FRAUD have been reported to the UK authorities.

This is not he said she said scenario it is now in the hands of the government and that is the point we are well beyond name calling and libel no matter what Quickseller, Dogie or you think.

Quickseller is balls deep involved it and I suspect maybe you are as well. So that doesn't suprise me one little bit.

Anyone using this list should be VERY mindful of who is friends with whom. And who is calling whom trustworthy. Echo chambers are the perfect long con media device. Obviously some lists are just to be avoided. Sort of like Dogie's broken and sponsored hardware manufacturers trustworthy guide eh?

The warning I give should have a lot of weight given the fact I have provided escrow in excess of most people on that list in a SINGLE escrow. Unlike Quickseller nickling and diming his way up the ladder.

Let us be clear. I have a goal to make sure no one gets stung in a long con with this anonymous escrow. Who knows what deals he has put together are legit or not given he has access to 100s of accounts on these forums as name broker I think people should stick to KNOWN escrows not people who have popped up in the last year or so and run anonymous escrows with little or no vetting going on.

Be warned. Quickseller is willingly aiding a fraudster and is actively attempting to cover up and smear the my rep, as a known trustworthy escrow, and anyone else trying to make sure that no one is scammed by Adam Allcock with regards to VAT and his freebie miners that he is selling.

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:23:37 PM

I'll take a look to update things shortly.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 02:27:45 PM

Well for what it is worth...

TomatoCage and OgNasty are in my opinion the most trusted escrow guys here. I have personally trusted both of them with good amounts of coin. I think the "big 5" are all pretty legit and I would trust any of them with some of my coins...some with more than others. I would also trust some of the guys not in the big 5.

Overall I think this list is pretty good and I am glad it is being maintained! I have been doing some escrows lately (never asked/wanted to) and it can be sort of a hassle, so their fees/tips are warranted imo.

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:19:12 AM

i dont believe maidak should be on the list anymore in light of recent events: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077982.0

marco might wanna update this list a bit

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 02:14:32 PM

I saw that i wasnt mentioned yet. Im free. So no tips needed, though of course i like getting one. Wink

Its good that you took the work on you to create and maintain this thread. The old one led to a not small amount of confusion because it was seldom actualized...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 02:21:58 PM

It might be a good idea to remove maidak, or at the very least put an asterisk next to his name as he is having problems delivering money owed to people.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 10:19:21 PM

It might be a good idea to remove maidak, or at the very least put an asterisk next to his name as he is having problems delivering money owed to people.

Agreed. If anything, add a link to the currently open scam accusation against him at least until it has been resolved: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077982.0

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: