Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 108324 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

I am going to either charge a fee for accounts or stop doing them. I get so many requests for them and it takes too much time.

No longer escrowing accounts  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OC19850520

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:38:55 PM

First post needs to be updated, 2 listed escrow ( Muhammed Zakir and defcon23 ) should be removed from list they got negative feedback themselves.that isn't good sign to be an escrow provider.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 07:59:59 PM

First post needs to be updated, 2 listed escrow ( Muhammed Zakir and defcon23 ) should be removed from list they got negative feedback themselves.that isn't good sign to be an escrow provider.

I think Muhammed is one of the most trustworthy escrows on here. And i would make no sense that he scams for such a small amount of bitcoins. He can makes that in a short time.

I wonder why that thread was opened. It easily can happen that someone lands in he hospital and can't access the forum.

Hope it solves soon.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 05:57:34 AM

Removed my trust from both accounts...
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 03:39:03 PM

Hello,

Can I get added to this list please as I have been offering Escrow services for BTC and PPC (Peercoin) for a number of years now, I am the owner and admin of Peercointalk.org forums, I can provide PGP keys if needed and previous escrow with happy customers.

If I need to provide any other info please let me know.

many thanks

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Xubu

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:30:25 PM

Hi,

I am looking for an escrow service for handling payments for a European Football Prediction Game. I made a thread with more information about how i want things. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1298477.0;topicseen

Please contact me if you are interested.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 11:03:41 AM

please REMOVE master-p from this thread marco, some major scam accusations going on. It looks like he sold his account or something.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

Yes remove master-p scam accusation thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.0
EXtremeAEX

Merit: 503

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:26:03 AM

Instead of opening another thread, how do we ensure the trade is safe? Trusted escrows trusted with too much btc can still fall to greed, so if there anyway to stop that? Maybe there should be a system where the btc for escrow is stored somewhere, and two users are required to retrieve it back, something like a lockbox that needs two keys to open.

Could escrow be 100% safe all the time? Or would letting the computer safe keep be safer? (if an escrow program were to exist)

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:11:47 AM

I do think we the services of a reputable site to administer escrow services. i think there are existing sites actually like seoclerk.com, they accept btc. a better one would be great though.
I remember there is a mini job site that also accepts bitcoin, these type of site which had been in the business for years, i think can be trusted. they serve as escrow as they work like upwork or elance.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
hexitor

Activity: 160

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:12:44 AM

You should probably remove Master-p off the list because his account is proven to be sold.

EXtremeAEX

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:28:18 AM

I do think we the services of a reputable site to administer escrow services. i think there are existing sites actually like seoclerk.com, they accept btc. a better one would be great though.
I remember there is a mini job site that also accepts bitcoin, these type of site which had been in the business for years, i think can be trusted. they serve as escrow as they work like upwork or elance.
Yeah, but if you contact reputable sites like these, chances are the fees gonna be way higher than usual. If possible, why not create an escrow program where both parties 'sign' and send the item to the program to keep, and once it is verified, the transaction is complete and the program sends to the other person. Smiley

No escrow needed, and maybe there could be a small charge for the program. Hint to all programmers out there.. *hint hint*

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

AUDITCHAIN

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:01:52 AM

They already have those multi-sig escrow things. Personally, I believe the ones listed (and I used to be one of the five until I got "demoted" to the other list) are all trust worthy. Each of us have done probably thousands of bitcoins, back when the value of each BTC was between $200 USD to $900 USD.

There are some escrow individuals who won't tarnish their reputation or integrity no matter how much BTC you give them. That, and I wouldn't want to be looking over my shoulder over some "small" value someone else thinks I scammed out of them, even though I am trained to be always looking over my shoulder. hehe.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 05:04:24 AM

My bitrated escrows can't be stolen

Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:56:53 AM

Instead of opening another thread, how do we ensure the trade is safe? Trusted escrows trusted with too much btc can still fall to greed, so if there anyway to stop that? Maybe there should be a system where the btc for escrow is stored somewhere, and two users are required to retrieve it back, something like a lockbox that needs two keys to open.

Could escrow be 100% safe all the time? Or would letting the computer safe keep be safer? (if an escrow program were to exist)

This is called multisignature trancactions: buyer commits money into a 2-of-3 transaction with the seller and a third-party arbitrator. If transaction goes smoothly, then both buyer and seller sign the transaction to forward the money to the seller. If something goes wrong, they can sign a transaction to refund the buyer. If they cannot agree, they both appeal to the third-party who will arbitrate and provide a second signature to the party that it deems deserves it. This is very safe and I prefer to use such transactions instead of third party escrow when the seller doesn't mind.
EXtremeAEX

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:56:35 AM

This is called multisignature trancactions: buyer commits money into a 2-of-3 transaction with the seller and a third-party arbitrator. If transaction goes smoothly, then both buyer and seller sign the transaction to forward the money to the seller. If something goes wrong, they can sign a transaction to refund the buyer. If they cannot agree, they both appeal to the third-party who will arbitrate and provide a second signature to the party that it deems deserves it. This is very safe and I prefer to use such transactions instead of third party escrow when the seller doesn't mind.
I wans't aware of such existing escrow service, thanks for further explaining it out. Are there any cases or risks that multisig escrow may not work? Maybe it would be good to raise awareness for multisig escrow, especially after the recent incident, to prevent this from happening next time. It seems a little complicated to me, or is this the reason why users don't use this? Would be better multisig escrows were used instead. Tongue

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

AUDITCHAIN

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:58:50 AM

In my opinion , Escrow list should be made by the moderators or admin (someone who is really active) because Marcotheminer is without internet connection and we need Master-P to get removed so ... yeah this may even allow him to scam more people in the meanwhile .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:04:50 PM

yeah this may even allow him to scam more people in the meanwhile .
Considering the link leads you to his profile, on which you can clearly see all the negs he has been given, I'd say anyone dumb enough to get scammed further deserves..... you know the rest.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 02:38:37 PM

What a mess this has made with Master-P pulling this crap. Before this issue escrows worked pretty well here and now I think users will try to not use escrow as much. I really hope people do not get scammed due to this shitstorm...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:09:59 PM

What a mess this has made with Master-P pulling this crap. Before this issue escrows worked pretty well here and now I think users will try to not use escrow as much. I really hope people do not get scammed due to this shitstorm...

As franky1 is well known for frequently saying:

- snip -
DO NOT TRUST ANY SERVICE OR PERSON THAT YOU CANT FIND, TO SLAP WITH A WET FISH

If you give your bitcoins to an escrow provider, the escrow provider should first be willing and able to provide you with enough information to prove their identify and to visit them if necessary.

When I provided escrow services, I always provided enough information to identify and find me.  Surprisingly, I was never asked to prove that identity, but would have been willing to if I was asked.

If people value such a service, then they'll be willing to pay appropriately for it. If they're willing to pay appropriately, then there will be trustworthy people that are willing to provide such a service in exchange for an opportunity to be rewarded for their trustworthiness.  Unfortunately, I found when I was offering the service that it wasn't very valued by most users.  As such, the few pennies a month that I made in tips wasn't enough to justify the amount of time and effort that I was putting in to securing funds and facilitating agreements.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: