Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:55:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 1.75 BTC  (Read 1216 times)
kadrek (OP)

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

I'm looking to buy 1.75 BTC with paypal to buy another type of coin. I know that people get scammed with paypal but is there some way that we could use and escrow service to make the deal?

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:11:57 PM

I'm looking to buy 1.75 BTC with paypal to buy another type of coin. I know that people get scammed with paypal but is there some way that we could use and escrow service to make the deal?

Escrow only works in very situational scam attempts where the seller insists that you send PayPal first. He'll then delay sending you your BTC (he actually has no intention of sending them at all) while he offloads your PayPal payment onto a VCC where he can then cash out. Escrow will not protect the BTC seller against charge backs.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
kadrek (OP)

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:14:44 PM

Escrow only works in very situational scam attempts where the seller insists that you send PayPal first. He'll then delay sending you your BTC (he actually has no intention of sending them at all) while he offloads your PayPal payment onto a VCC where he can then cash out. Escrow will not protect the BTC seller against charge backs.

What's a VCC? So basically the worry is that I'll cancel the payment or whatever? Is there any way I can buy BTC with PayPal other than Virwox?

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:53:08 PM

Is there any way I can buy BTC with PayPal other than Virwox?

Sure.

Send your paypal balance to a friend or family member that has paypal and that trusts you not to reverse the payment.

Have your friend or family member give you an equivalent amount of U.S. cash.

Mail the cash to me along with your bitcoin address.

When I receive the cash, I'll take 10% of it as a service fee.

Then I'll convert the rest of it into bitcoins at the BitStamp rate and send you those bitcoins.
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Do you have a bank account or credit/debit card? If so, open an account with Circle!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: