Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS to create own coin. How can we convince to use Bitcoin?  (Read 15992 times)
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:33:41 AM

If ISIS made a Coin....

No exchange would trade it since it funds terrorism and depending on the country, the exchange could be shut down

Mining pools and people would attack the Coin

It's value would be 0
I don't think anyone would try to attack the coin (there would be no economic benefit from doing so). I think that no one would mine on it period, which would make it centralized, which take away from it's (already zero) value

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:36:00 AM

If ISIS made a Coin....

No exchange would trade it since it funds terrorism and depending on the country, the exchange could be shut down

Mining pools and people would attack the Coin

It's value would be 0
I don't think anyone would try to attack the coin (there would be no economic benefit from doing so). I think that no one would mine on it period, which would make it centralized, which take away from it's (already zero) value
Well if there was any value at all to it I am sure the US government would at least try to ruin the coin. Anything to ruin ISIS most contries would try. If I had the power I would as well.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 06:11:29 AM

You want to help ISIS fund their terror with Bitcoin?!?! Are you a working with them, one of their terrorists?

If you're helping criminals fund their crimes, you are also a criminal. And if you want an easy way to destroy Bitcoin's reputation with the masses, get it associated with the largest terrorism group in the world...no one will want to use the "currency of criminals."

So when you use the western banking system (petrodollars) you are funding genocide on a mass scale with WAR WAR WAR for the rest of our lives?
I am no ISIS sympathizer (mainly because they are covertly funded by USA/ISRAEL), in fact I am atheirst and all religion can go to hell (Irony?) buit to accuse someone who happens to live in the part of the world constantly attacked by western powers as terrorist is the ultimate hypocracy.
We all love bitcoin right? imagine if instead of the corrupt banking system we had bitcoin all these decades. There would be very low chance of ISIS/ISIL/MOSSAD/MI5/MI6/NSA (same shit)  in the first place.
Pull your head out of ur ass and stop watching BBC/CNN/FOX whatever

Wow, my first post. It took idiocy to make me register. Hope your happy Wink

Welcome to the forum. I think you're making some really broad generalizations here which are more than unfair when compared to ISIS.

So you're saying that if I use a western bank i'm funding genocide and war? What bank in the world has funded genocide or declared war (seriously, i'm not aware of one that's directly done either of these things)? And why do you assume I bank with that bank?

By your logic, anyone who drives a car or uses plastic supports wars for oil. By your logic, anyone who drinks Russian vodka, smokes a cuban cigar, or eats at a Chinese restaurant supports Communism. By your logic, anyone that does business in Amsterdam supports prostitution. By your logic, anyone who travels to the Middle East supports Islamic extremists. By your logic, anyone that vacations in Colombia supports cocaine use.

What may be worse is that you're comparing the SOMETIMES hypocritical, (I absolutely admit) not-peaceful, not idealistic actions of a Western government with an organization that believes that beheading ANYONE who doesn't believe their ideology, ignoring education and science, and oppressing women is right and just...as if they're similar. ISIS kills you if you don't believe everything they believe in. The US, for example, allows you to shout whatever you believe from the streets, lawfully, if you so desire.

To call western governments and ISIS similar is incredibly naive and deliberately ignoring the facts.

It's ironic that you're an atheist because you have to take a huge leap of faith to believe the connections you're trying to make.

What bank funds war? Are you serious? Do you by any chance live in the US?
http[Suspicious link removed]cutive-resigns-senate
http://www.waronwant.org/past-campaigns/banking-funding-the-arms-trade
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/all-wars-are-bankers-wars/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/07/16/hsbc-helped-terrorists-iran-mexican-drug-cartels-launder-money-senate-report-says/

Many big American banks funded the Nazis.

The BBC reported in 1998:

Barclays Bank has agreed to pay $3.6m to Jews whose assets were seized from French branches of the British-based bank during World War II.

Chase Manhattan Bank, which has acknowledged seizing about 100 accounts held by Jews in its Paris branch during World War II ….”Recently unclassified reports from the US Treasury about the activities of Chase in Paris in the 1940s indicate that the local branch worked “in close collaboration with the German authorities” in freezing Jewish assets.

The New York Daily News noted the same year:

The relationship between Chase and the Nazis apparently was so cozy that Carlos Niedermann, the Chase branch chief in Paris, wrote his supervisor in Manhattan that the bank enjoyed “very special esteem” with top German officials and “a rapid expansion of deposits,” according to Newsweek.

Niedermann’s letter was written in May 1942 five months after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and the U.S. also went to war with Germany.

The BBC reported in 1999:

A French government commission, investigating the seizure of Jewish bank accounts during the Second World War, says five American banks Chase Manhattan, J.P Morgan, Guaranty Trust Co. of New York, Bank of the City of New York and American Express had taken part.

It says their Paris branches handed over to the Nazi occupiers about one-hundred such accounts.

One of Britain’s main newspapers – the Guardian – reported in 2004:

George Bush’s grandfather [and George H.W. Bush’s father], the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings … continued until his company’s assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act

The documents reveal that the firm he worked for, Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH), acted as a US base for the German industrialist, Fritz Thyssen, who helped finance Hitler in the 1930s before falling out with him at the end of the decade. The Guardian has seen evidence that shows Bush was the director of the New York-based Union Banking Corporation (UBC) that represented Thyssen’s US interests and he continued to work for the bank after America entered the war.

Bush was a founding member of the bank [UBC] … The bank was set up by Harriman and Bush’s father-in-law to provide a US bank for the Thyssens, Germany’s most powerful industrial family.

By the late 1930s, Brown Brothers Harriman, which claimed to be the world’s largest private investment bank, and UBC had bought and shipped millions of dollars of gold, fuel, steel, coal and US treasury bonds to Germany, both feeding and financing Hitler’s build-up to war.

Between 1931 and 1933 UBC bought more than $8m worth of gold, of which $3m was shipped abroad. According to documents seen by the Guardian, after UBC was set up it transferred $2m to BBH accounts and between 1924 and 1940 the assets of UBC hovered around $3m, dropping to $1m only on a few occasions.

UBC was caught red-handed operating a American shell company for the Thyssen family eight months after America had entered the war and that this was the bank that had partly financed Hitler’s rise to power.

Seriously, I mean I would have read the rest of your comment but when your first question was which bank has funded a war I guess there is no point in carrying on. Educate yourself if you like, my point was exactly your point. just because someone wants to use bitcoin in a region dominated by CIASIS lunatics does not mean they are a terrorist. Much like I who bank with HSBC am not a Mexican drug lord!!!

All from World War II, all essentially the same instance of corruption (if it would be correct to call it that), I mean they were all aiding the same "terrorist" so to speak. Barclays, Chase, UBC. If they were directly enabling Hitler to finance his atrocities then yes, they were accomplices to his crimes...which is why they all eventually came out and admitted doing so many years later. It does not mean that some farmer in Iowa who had a loan with Chase in the 30's was also complicit in Chase's funding or decision to fund Hitler or the Nazis.

Take a minute to think about my original comment...without making broad stretches of assumption...the banks were accomplices to funding wars. This OP, if he/she were to find a way to fund ISIS through Bitcoin would be an accomplice to ISIS atrocities. You and I are NOT also accomplices just because we also use Bitcoin.

Starting to see the difference?

You and I are not saying the same thing.

sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:30:13 AM

IT's bad if ISIS use bitcoin
It will leave bad impression for bitcoin & some people will think bitcoin is only for bad purpose

They better make their own fiat / crypto currency like ISIS dollar / ISISCoin
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:44:48 AM

Well if there was any value at all to it I am sure the US government would at least try to ruin the coin. Anything to ruin ISIS most contries would try. If I had the power I would as well.
Obama has actually been very friendly towards ISIS. To the point where some might speculate that he wants them to prosper (he does share their religion). It was only recently that he even started airstrikes.

Not only that but it is very difficult to attack a network with any level of effect without first buying/holding some level of the coin, this would essentially force the US to buy ISIScoin which would help finance ISIS
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:59:33 PM

silly OP

no we don't want these scumbags using btc or altcoins. same way I don't want other terrorists (cia) using it either

they should use ripple  Grin

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

silly OP

no we don't want these scumbags using btc or altcoins. same way I don't want other terrorists (cia) using it either

I nominate Paycoin.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
vach

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 04:35:37 PM

Wow you people sound like the Banksters, hypocrites all of you. Bitcoin is neutral. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

"Fuck the Government, Bitcoin is for all! Except ISIS you're on the naughty list." Slippery slope.

Not everybody understand that its neutral...
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:46:13 PM

silly OP

I nominate Paycoin.

agreed
that scamcoin would be perfect

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:11:21 AM

silly OP

I think ripple is too close to bitcoin that it would be beneficial for bitcoin if ripple was used by terrorists. Although ripple is less decentralized then bitcoin it is still generally a decentralized currency and it is not backed by anything or any government
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:27:32 AM

I can't believe there's some fucking scumbags here saying it's bad if ISIS use Bitcoin "because it gives Bitcoin a bad image".

ISIS is a slaving, murdering, fascist organisation that literally brutally tortures and executes hundreds of people every other week to instil terror, strapping bombs to young children and imprisoning 9 year old girls as sex slaves because they don't follow their specific religious sect. They are brutal fascist psychopaths, and the only problem for you is it could be bad for Bitcoin's image? Shame on you.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:31:10 AM

I can't believe there's some fucking scumbags here saying it's bad if ISIS use Bitcoin "because it gives Bitcoin a bad image".

ISIS is a slaving, murdering, fascist organization that literally brutally tortures and executes hundreds of people every other week to instil terror, strapping bombs to young children and imprisoning 9 year old girls as sex slaves because they don't follow their specific religious sect. They are brutal fascist psychopaths, and the only problem for you is it could be bad for Bitcoin's image? Shame on you.

Well said, sir.

Shevarion

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:59:57 PM

Shocked you can get Benefit by deposit Gun and ammunition 

ISIS are people who doesn't have knowlegde and finally they are easily influenced by other Racist people
based on Einstein quote "knowledge whithout religion = blind, religion without knowledge = paralyzed"
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:24:52 PM

Wow you people sound like the Banksters, hypocrites all of you. Bitcoin is neutral. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

"Fuck the Government, Bitcoin is for all! Except ISIS you're on the naughty list." Slippery slope.

Not everybody understand that its neutral...
Dude fuck that silly relativity about things. ISIS is trash and doesn't deserve to be near the word Bitcoin in any headlines.
Proteus123

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:19:42 PM

OP...

Is stupid
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

Interestingly enough, radical Muslims already accept bitcoin. Just last night I found a .onion page set up that supposedly belongs to a group that helps American Muslims. The associated address had received ~5 BTC. (Ref: https://blockchain.info/address/13Pcmh4dKJE8Aqrhq4ZZwmM1sbKFcMQEEV)

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:07:14 PM

LOL

I don't care. It might be the only coin out there that is worth mining with old GPUs.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:27:58 PM

ISIS is a slaving, murdering, fascist organisation that literally brutally tortures and executes hundreds of people every other week to instil terror, strapping bombs to young children and imprisoning 9 year old girls as sex slaves because they don't follow their specific religious sect. They are brutal fascist psychopaths, and the only problem for you is it could be bad for Bitcoin's image? Shame on you.

+1+1+1
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 02:01:30 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/meast/isis-currency/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

Typical bitcoiner. Pure speculator with only getting rich in mind lol
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:43:55 PM

Interestingly enough, radical Muslims already accept bitcoin. Just last night I found a .onion page set up that supposedly belongs to a group that helps American Muslims. The associated address had received ~5 BTC. (Ref: https://blockchain.info/address/13Pcmh4dKJE8Aqrhq4ZZwmM1sbKFcMQEEV)

.onion link or didn't happen.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: