Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:24:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy - Order Failure - Now resolved amicably, but mind your orders  (Read 558 times)
hennessyhemp (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:09:47 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 05:06:40 PM by hennessyhemp

I set a sell order on the 28th for XPY at a price of 0.06 XPY/BTC and on the 30th, supposedly the price went above my 0.06 without selling my XPY!?

If you aren't familiar with an order book...the price cannot move beyond the order prices without first filling them, or at least that's how an exchange is supposed to work.

So technically, Cryptsy is failing at their primary job (the exchange of crypto-currencies), and they have not resolved my issue.

The last time the customer support rep responded to me, they said they would probably have me sell my order at current prices then refund me the difference, but then sent this:

"Hello,
Whatever you do , please do not clear the order until we have a solution and have figured out what happened
Once cleared we will have no proof the order was placed and will not be able to assist you"

This seems fishy, considering even a basic log of a chat can be recovered, so actual buy and sell orders open and closed on your system simply "disappearing" sounds like a load of BS.

EDIT:

Issue has been resolved amicably in that they honored my order.

Make sure you watch your open orders and the price, this is still the wild west and the onus is on you to get paid.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
slacknation

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:25:54 PM

you can now sell at a higher price? then why do they need to refund the difference? oh ok, the price has dropped now
hennessyhemp (OP)

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 06:30:38 PM

The reason for placing a market order is completely negated when the market skips your order.

For anyone familiar with the #onejob twitter feed...this qualifies.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
hennessyhemp (OP)

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 09:50:35 PM

I appreciate that you are investigating an internal issue, but fixing it on my end should not take any time at all.

If I make a mistake with a customer, I make it right immediately.  I ask that you do the same, and finish your
internal investigation on your own time.

ellave

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:33:20 PM

This happened to me also & the response to my ticket wasn't acceptable, I will PM you the details Jim.
hennessyhemp (OP)

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:18:51 AM

That it has!

I'll update the title.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: