Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: moved to new thread  (Read 10528 times)
Qarterd (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 04:48:42 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 03:25:04 AM by Qarterd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Booth

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

is it going to be an ICO?

nice looking wallpapers btw  Wink
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:51:49 PM

Good luck.

twitter @antiiclimax
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:56:47 PM

Ok i signed up.. Wheres the money?  Roll Eyes
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:02:24 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 03:11:45 AM by Qarterd

Ok i signed up.. Wheres the money?  Roll Eyes

It's there in the wallpaper, don't you see it? Smiley I forgot to mention the ICO, I'll put that in.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:03:48 PM

Ok i signed up.. Wheres the money?  Roll Eyes

It's there in the wallpaper, don't you see it? Smiley I forgot to mention the ICO, I'll put that in.
Ok nevermind.. I got it. I will wait till March, no problem  Wink
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:05:00 PM

Good luck.

Thanks Smiley
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:07:32 PM

nice looking wallpapers btw  Wink

Yeah the 2160p versions on the site took quite a while to render. Enjoy Smiley
Corleone1918

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:56:31 AM

signed up  Grin
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 07:48:14 AM

signed up  Grin

glad to have you aboard Cheesy
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 12:12:37 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 03:15:50 AM by Qarterd

*bump*
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:47:58 AM

nice looking wallpapers btw  Wink

Yes, and the dev also gets to keep 19.9% of the coins

Qoin Distribution

70.1% of qoins will be made available to stake holders for purchase over a 3-month limited-supply sale period

10% of qoins will be distributed over a 1-year period after the official client launch through mining

19.9% of qoins will be retained by the Qointum team ....... for on-going development expenses.

snake.in.the.blanket

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

ico , no thanks, next!
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:07:43 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 03:16:50 AM by Qarterd

Yes, and the dev also gets to keep 19.9% of the coins

I should mention the largest and most successful crypto launch to date reserved a similar amount for their developers, 17%.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:13:47 AM

What is this ?

what does it offer other that makes it different?

What measures are you taking to prove that is not a scam project?  

Edit :

Today, research laboratories around the world are racing to build the first practical quantum computer, and simple quantum computers already exist in university labs. A fully capable quantum computer is theorized to be able to crack the elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) that is protecting the stored value owned by users of other cryptocurrencies. Qointum is the first and only cryptocurrency to employ cutting-edge cryptographic algorithms that are designed to be secure against quantum computers as well as classical computers, thus protecting the stored value owned by Qointum users for practically eternity.

so you solved this...

what a load of crap. Together with the pun name and how your basically have all the features of top 10 coins really proves that your out to scam the eff out of people here.

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:45:43 AM

I think this sounds interesting, but maybe re-word it a bit from everything being "vetted".

When is the launch date (or did I miss it)? And if its using DPoS as well as having 100% of the coins distributed, then what is this ASIC-Resistant algorithm for (as its not a PoW coin it seems).

Also, why did you choose Python for the contracts, and can you link to the whitepapers that discuss the technologies you are referring to.

Finally, background about the development team behind this - a 20% premine for such a project with a 3 month ICO needs identifiability.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 09:29:13 AM

you can keep them all , no thanks, too many gimicks, no code,

if you have something to release (that actually exists)  release it, on github , send it out into the world

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:52:47 AM

I suggest you follow Bittrex' lead and use the term “crowdfunding campaign” unless you feel strongly (and can successfully demonstrate) that the documentary support for your offer meets the standards currently mandated for public offerings of stocks/shares.

Is this offer being made by an authorised employee or director of NewGamePlus Inc., the operators of qointum.com and owners of the QOIN trademark?

https://wiki.qointum.com/legal/terms/:
“We, NewGamePlus Inc. (the “Operators”), provide Qointum (the “Website”) as a public service to our users.”

http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/mv9DpinEu
This is the brand and trademark page for QOIN which was created on October 19th, 2014 by NewGamePlus Inc., an CORPORATION. The trademark owner is located at 3935 Burke st. in Burnaby, BC, . NewGamePlus Inc. can be contacted at 1-778-708-2035, carterd@gmail.com

The coin operators would appear to have the benefit of legally-limited liability (pace my very limited understanding of CA corporation law). Posting this offer from a pseudonymous a/c merely raises the obvious question - “why would a legally-constituted Canadian corporation post this offer under a pseudonym?”

Personally, I find the plausible answers less than reassuring, can you help?

Cheers

Graham
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:24:45 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 03:14:12 AM by Qarterd

I suggest you follow Bittrex' lead and use the term “crowdfunding campaign”...

Thanks Graham, this is good feedback.

Posting this offer from a pseudonymous a/c merely raises the obvious question...

I'm the founder of Qointum. The email address associated with this account is the same as in our trademark info -- you can see it in my profile now. I use this pseudonym instead of my real name because it's short, memorable and most importantly unique so it's internet-searchable. We're still a long ways from launch so I'll re-create this thread under the username "Qointum" at a later date.
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:46:42 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 03:14:34 AM by Qarterd

if you have something to release (that actually exists)  release it, on github , send it out into the world

Thanks for the feedback! Your skepticism is warranted.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 06:30:15 AM

Looks like some noble effort here guys, keep up the good work. I know how long it can take to build something and do it right.  Smiley

Best of Luck,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 04:59:55 PM

Looks like some noble effort here guys, keep up the good work.

Thanks, yeah we're really trying to innovate on every front here to create a true crypto 2.0, not only fully programmable, but also cryptographically future-proofed and scalable to the whole web.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

You've got the right idea  Smiley

Curious though, how do you calculate the security to a Quantum Computer; are you just assuming multiplicity of the power from the available quantum states; then dividing hash security by this number?
I ask by your claims of 128 bit quantum security, curious as to how this is implemented.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 06:53:41 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 02:43:02 AM by Qarterd

I ask by your claims of 128 bit quantum security, curious as to how this is implemented.

There is some mathematical evidence that the encryption system we're using is in fact quantum-resistant, so we only need enough bits in the key to thwart a quantum search (Grover's algorithm). Also, we use merkle hash trees for signatures, and although there is no proof yet, there are no known quantum algorithms that can attack hashes other than a quantum search. To brute force a 256-bit hash would usually take 2256 operations, but Grover's algorithm only takes O(√N) time, so that's 2256/2 = 2128 quantum operations = 128-bit level quantum security.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 07:10:29 PM

Good to see Developers that know what they are doing  Smiley

Thanks for the Information,
Viz.

Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:33:22 PM

why did you choose Python for the contracts

The reason why we chose Python is right on the front page, and also there is a section dedicated to it in the design document.

Transaqoins and qointracts are simply turing machines, there are many pre-existing languages that are adaptable to our needs and are already adept at interfacing humans with turing machines.

We must restrict our language choices to those that provide a ready-made embeddable virtual machine to ensure determinism. All nodes must be able execute the same sequence of transactions and result in the same state. The virtual machine must be able to hide device-specific state from programmers. Python, with a bit of tinkering, can meet these requirements.

Qointum is leveraging Python’s significant network effect – according to the TIOBE Index Python is in the top 5 virtual-machine languages and there are an estimated millions of Python developers world-wide. Qointum is also leveraging millions of man-hours of labour on the core Python language and third-party libraries, allowing us to focus on just developing a cryptocurrency, not a language.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1038

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 02:44:59 PM

For some reason I highly doubt you can guarantee that a quantum pc would not be able to crack this. I hope you will prove me wrong though.

Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 01:44:10 AM

For some reason I highly doubt you can guarantee that a quantum pc would not be able to crack this. I hope you will prove me wrong though.

Quantum computers are well understood, their capabilities have been studied for the past 20 years and yet no one has figured out a method to attack Merkle signatures or McEliece encryption which have been known for even longer, and now we even have mathematical evidence of quantum resistance (mentioned in my post above).

Over the last 10 years cryptographers have worked to reduce key sizes and improve efficiency to the point that these quantum-secure crypto schemes are now ready for practical use.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:30:26 PM

I hope to see you guys recognized for your hard work and innovation.

Good Luck,
Viz.

grahvity

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 03:05:28 AM

Qointracts

COINIGYProfessional Tools For Cryptocurrency Traders ◾️ The Rational Investor’s School For Trader Development
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 10:56:06 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 09:07:16 PM by Qarterd

Qointracts

Yeah it was too tempting of a pun.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 02:00:12 AM

Qointracts

Yeah it was too tempting of a pun.

As a pun, it's rather twee and I predict that you will regret deeply the expense of the indulgence. Successfully expressing complex concepts clearly and concisely is difficult enough as it is without gratuitous distractions, however humorously intended.

Cheers

Graham
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 04:57:58 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 05:09:18 AM by Qarterd

As a pun, it's rather twee and I predict that you will regret deeply the expense of the indulgence.

For marketable high-level concepts I believe it's more important to focus on branding to differentiate our ideas from those of our competitors. The puns are of course part of the branding -- Qoinapps (Blockchain Applications), Qointracts (Smart Contracts), Transaqoins (Smart Transactions?), Entangled Chains (Multi-Chains). These are things users and developers will be using on a daily basis, so a developer can search for say "qointracts" instead of "smart contracts" and find a relevant answer pertaining to Qointum.

We have more sensible names for technical concepts -- Maximally Vetted Delegate Chain, etc.
grahvity

Activity: 150

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 05:12:08 AM

As a pun, it's rather twee and I predict that you will regret deeply the expense of the indulgence.

For marketable high-level concepts I believe it's more important to focus on branding to differentiate our ideas from those of our competitors. The puns are of course part of the branding -- Qoinapps (Blockchain Applications), Qointracts (Smart Contracts), Transaqoins (Smart Transactions?), Entangled Chains (Multi-Chains).

We have more sensible names for technical concepts -- Maximally Vetted Delegate Chain, etc.

You're killing me.

COINIGYProfessional Tools For Cryptocurrency Traders ◾️ The Rational Investor’s School For Trader Development
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:30:16 AM

For marketable high-level concepts I believe it's more important to focus on branding to differentiate our ideas from those of our competitors.

The puns are of course part of the branding -- Qoinapps (Blockchain Applications), Qointracts (Smart Contracts), Transaqoins (Smart Transactions?), Entangled Chains (Multi-Chains). These are things users and developers will be using on a daily basis, so a developer can search for say "qointracts" instead of "smart contracts" and find a relevant answer pertaining to Qointum.

Thanks for responding, I'm keen to see how you get on with developing a brand identity, values, story, etc.

My main objection is that you're replacing reasonably straightforwardly recognisable labels with labels that must first be decoded as puns. This adds to the mental load rather than reducing it.

Just for clarity, I'm not questioning the approach (of attending to branding) but the implementation. Unless you've got support from either desk research or quantitative work, then you're merely guessing at the effectiveness of the linguistic differentiation that you're proposing will somehow play into your branding. How will it translate across languages? (Hint: not at all).

Also, (largely because I think you've actually got something substantial and could with real support to keep you on the straight and narrow), I'm going to call your bluff on “... using on a daily basis, so a developer can search ...” I reckon that's just a guess on your part because you have no evidence for its pertinence to this context. Sounds as if there's little to no current MR support to drive this aspect of the development of a brand identity.

You're not the first person to have had the notion; all previous attempts to rope in punning linguistic markers to promote brand identity have basically sunk without trace because the proponents ignored the fact that what's humorously quirky to one is pretty much guaranteed to be irritatingly unfunny to another. It's not as effective a tactic as you seem to believe and its inability to cross alphabets is likely to prove a major disadvantage in a global market.

It also has the penalty that if the project is in any way successful, the IP in the brand naming will need to be protected proactively --- which means enforcing “Qointract™” (or whatever) in every usage.

From a branding perspective, it promises to be way more trouble that it's demonstrably worth.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 11:42:32 AM

From a branding perspective, it promises to be way more trouble that it's demonstrably worth.

Ach, never mind.

I'd failed to spot the design document's note: “This document describes inventions by NewGamePlus Inc. that are patent-pending with the USPTO.”

Cheers

Graham
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 06:31:44 PM

*bump* still in development =)
Corleone1918

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:55:26 PM

*bump* still in development =)

wow
delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:04:54 PM

I'm interested in this project. A few questions:
How will the ICO be structured: More "coins" if one invests at the start compared to an investment at the end of the ICO period?
Did you do your research on whether you violate any security laws by doing the ICO?
Do you develope all of the software form scratch? If not what project did you make use of?
Did you develope everything by yourself or do you have a team?
Will you publish information about your identity and the identities of your team before the ICO (a must for me if you want any money)?
Thanks for taking the time!
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:38:06 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 06:32:26 AM by Qarterd

Do you develope all of the software form scratch? If not what project did you make use of?

There is some code taken from Bitcoin, code from Python as an interpreter is embedded, and code from existing implementations of our post-quantum cryptography which we'll reveal later.

Did you develope everything by yourself or do you have a team?

It's just myself right now.

Will you publish information about your identity and the identities of your team before the ICO (a must for me if you want any money)?

Take a look at our SSL certificate, it's from StartSSL.com which requires proof of personal identity. Also our company is federally incorporated in Canada which also requires proof of personal identity.
delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:35:50 PM

We're not going through with the crowdfunding for qoins, but will instead seek VC
A blockchain that is secured by some kind of POS and where the VC has the whole stake (plus your stake). Is that in line with the security concept of QOINTUM?  Huh
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 06:54:29 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 07:19:49 AM by Qarterd

Did you do your research on whether you violate any security laws by doing the ICO?

Yes, we just received a positive response from our local securities commission (BCSC). Crowdfunding by pledging Bitcoins for a reward of Qoins does not violate any security laws because virtual currencies including Bitcoin are not regulated, so we are going to proceed with our Crowdfunding Campaign.

Refer to our Qoin Distribution section for crowdfunding details.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:55:07 AM

this coin is very promising, really nice coin!
Braino

Activity: 644

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:24:53 AM

Fancy wallpapers AND "federally incorporated"... It must be legit.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
petko

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:41:28 PM

Simplified State Verification and the blockchain compression are the most promising parts IMO (since they solve problems we have today, not hypothetical ones).

However, after reading the SSV description, the lighweight SSV client seems like a simple frontend to the SSV-providing node, which puts the question how will the lighweight client "know" that the SSV-providing node is trustful?
Qarterd (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:49:29 PM

how will the lighweight client "know" that the SSV-providing node is trustful?

The lightweight client performs SSV against the Maximally Vetted Delegate Chain, which is a weakly subjective consensus heuristic that only requires block headers.
petko

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:32:35 PM

The lightweight client performs SSV against the Maximally Vetted Delegate Chain, which is a weakly subjective consensus heuristic that only requires block headers.

Thanks, I had to read that before asking
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 10:37:15 AM

Total ℚoins Rewarded: ℚ14,870 out of ℚ801,000,000
1 BTC pledge = ℚ20,000 reward
Come on guys, 40k BTC is impossible. Why don't you relaunch the presale over koinfy with less ambitious targets?

BillyBones

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:03:21 AM

First quantum secure..... What a crap.

Quantum computer is still in theory.... It doesn´t exist yet. (in real reality)

Angry

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: