Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376879 times)
gefafwisp

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:42:15 PM

GAW's apparent success
forgive me for my ignorance but, where can this phenomenon be viewed please?
One measure of success is in customer satisfaction, and there's plenty of that if you look away from this thread once in a while
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gefafwisp

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:44:24 PM

Nice to see Coinmarketcap sorted out their Paycoin issues. Should be number 3 but I'll settle for 4 for now.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Difficult to argue with available supply and open market value.

and difficult to debate as whenever I put a valid point to you, you ignore it.
that cult got you bad huh?

God Raskul FFS gefafwisp shouldnt need to explain over and over.

Its in the whitepaper read it again! If that doesnt make sense put on a vest and read it again. It'll become clear then.

whitepaper, got it...
does it say

"Swallow the Potion"

?
You only swallow the potion if you want 400% APY. You get 1% if you choose not to.
The usual low wit banter. I'll drop by later and see if anyone's talking about the market cap.
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:48:00 PM

Nice to see Coinmarketcap sorted out their Paycoin issues. Should be number 3 but I'll settle for 4 for now.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

Difficult to argue with available supply and open market value.

and difficult to debate as whenever I put a valid point to you, you ignore it.
that cult got you bad huh?

No I'm just trying to stay positive and spread good news when I see it. I'll have a look through your responses and get back to you.

i just watched a movie called Sacrament.
The good folk in that were doing just the same, staying positive and spreading good news.
until their dictator told them all to 'swallow the potion'.

Looks good, I'll check it out. Not sure I'd compare GAW to a cult though. Maybe for some of the more rampant cheerleaders on HT, but the user base and reputation is widening every day from what I can see.

You know people compare GAW to a cult. There not a cult just following a false leader and having blind trust. I will be the first to say when GAW was selling hardware and first started cloud mining I trusted them. When the zenpool went to hell and the lies started that's when they lost my trust. Have I made coin with them yes. ROI yes took awhile but yes I ROIed. Would I trust the hashstaker now knowing what I know. No way - I think things are going to go the wrong way real quick. They lied to people that's no way to do business. That incudes twisting the truth - grey areas. Do business with people as you would deal with god - Business motto by some companies that make a lot more then me.  

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:59:17 PM

One measure of success is in customer satisfaction, and there's plenty of that if you look away from this thread once in a while

You mean look away from any forums where free speech resides? Scientology also has great reviews when you ask anyone still in the cult.

I wouldn't consider most of their their customers satisfied when they need to ban/silence a new dissatisfied customer daily. Seems most of the "founders" and early GAW activists are gone and replaced with other less informed cryptonoobs.

Looks good, I'll check it out. Not sure I'd compare GAW to a cult though. Maybe for some of the more rampant cheerleaders on HT, but the user base and reputation is widening every day from what I can see.

I'd definitely compare GAW to a cult.

Here's a list of traits of a cult (bold if it applies to GAW):

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
  • Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
  • Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).‪
  • The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).‪
  • The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
  • The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
  • The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
  • The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
  • ‪ The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
  • ‪ Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
  • The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
  • The group is preoccupied with making money.
  • Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
  • Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
  • The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:03:30 PM

Even more epic  Cheesy

http://multicoinpool.org/index.php?page=vanity

Because of GAWs inability to fix issues with the coin and continued reluctance to update users with accurate information, Paycoin will be delisted immediately.
Any balances you have with Paycoin will be paid out within a week, so please set your Paycoin address.
SHA256 crons running slow; probably because of all the blocks we found. Give things some time.
Having some email troubles; if it doesn't work the first time, try again in a few hours.

Huh  There's no more mining....why would it continue to be listed anyways?

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
favelle75

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:07:19 PM

GAW's apparent success
forgive me for my ignorance but, where can this phenomenon be viewed please?

That would literally be impossible for some people here.....what would they do without their memes?

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
favelle75

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:10:56 PM

You mean look away from any forums where free speech resides? Scientology also has great reviews when you ask anyone still in the cult.

I wouldn't consider most of their their customers satisfied when they need to ban/silence a new dissatisfied customer daily. Seems most of the "founders" and early GAW activists are gone and replaced with other less informed cryptonoobs.

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
  • Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).‪
  • The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).‪
  • The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
  • The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
  • The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
  • The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
  • ‪ The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
  • ‪ Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
  • Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
  • Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
  • The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

Funny how you equate "looking at other threads" with "look away from all forums on the internet".  ROFL.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:17:32 PM

Funny how you equate "looking at other threads" with "look away from all forums on the internet".  ROFL.

I find it more sad than anything. There's only one place on the internet where GAW has majority support and that's their own tightly controlled forum where any criticism is silently removed.
gefafwisp

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:27:14 PM

Lol... ok let's apply some of these to Bitcoin for fun:

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader [let's call him Satoshi] and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

I have nothing against btc of course, this is just an exercise for anyone who wants to keep an open mind.

Also, a few of your bolded list items are stretching the limits of plausibility somewhat Wink

e.g.

Hahaha... seriously?
favelle75

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:29:19 PM

I find it more sad than anything. There's only one place on the internet where GAW has majority support and that's their own tightly controlled forum where any criticism is silently removed.

Yeah, because all the Bitcoin Zealots are going to welcome a new crypto with open arms, regardless of its merits. Mmmmmkay then.

▄███▄              ▄███▄
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
T0urist

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:32:27 PM

ok i guess i can be serious. its not as much fun though.

Note that your satisfaction rating is highly skewed in your positive favor because
a) you said plenty if look away from this thread which is incorrect as this thread has people that used to be gaw customers but left due to disatisfaction
b) plenty of bans a lot shadow when stating their disatisfaction on hashtalk. So its a manipulated view as you arent getting to see the real picture. You'll come back with they werent nice in the postings. As true as that may be not all customers are rational in language when disatisfied. does that make their concerns invalid? of course not. If satisfaction was 50/50 and you remove the disatisfied comments your satisfied rating just hit 100%.

also people over there are far from angels. redacted is a dick not a shining beacon of politeness.
i know im a dick in the way i post sometimes. but rational or not it doesnt matter as you guys dont actually listen so i prefer to have some fun since it makes no difference to you guys Smiley.  
T0urist

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:49:37 PM

Yeah, because all the Bitcoin Zealots are going to welcome a new crypto with open arms, regardless of its merits. Mmmmmkay then.
err they do. dogecoin, litecoin, darkcoin etc.

People here dont have a problem with paycoin. They have an issue with lies behind the coin and lack of it being what it was sold as. Not sure how people are assuming saying gaw are scammers equates with we fear paycoin from being awesome.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:52:58 PM

Note that your satisfaction rating is highly skewed in your positive favor because
a) you said plenty if look away from this thread which is incorrect as this thread has people that used to be gaw customers but left due to disatisfaction
b) plenty of bans a lot shadow when stating their disatisfaction on hashtalk. So its a manipulated view as you arent getting to see the real picture. You'll come back with they werent nice in the postings. As true as that may be not all customers are rational in language when disatisfied. does that make their concerns invalid? of course not. If satisfaction was 50/50 and you remove the disatisfied comments your satisfied rating just hit 100%.

also people over there are far from angels. redacted is a dick not a shining beacon of politeness.
i know im a dick in the way i post sometimes. but rational or not it doesnt matter as you guys dont actually listen so i prefer to have some fun since it makes no difference to you guys Smiley.  

You forgot to add "hail the great leader Satoshi". SCNR.

I learned a new thing today. I didn't know that in order to mine or use bitcoin I need to follow a leader or that I'm required to bring in new members. I will get better at this, I promise.
interstellar

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:53:53 PM

If anybody has missed the fun, PayCoin has now moved to 100% PoS mode.. and has "stalled" again. Last block was 1.5 hours ago, the children are getting uppity, and the github repo has been taken down again. Even big talkers in the community are starting to get fed up with the situation.

Time for hard fork number three right?  Cheesy

https://hashtalk.org/topic/24985/pow-to-pos-change-over-should-be-in-progress/

WTF, I can't take a nice sunday off to spend with my family? Paycoin has to go down on a Sunday! What the fuck Homero, you are really pissing me off? Can't you hold it together at least through the weekend!! I bought a front-side seat to watch the fire..
T0urist

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:59:20 PM

You forgot to add "hail the great leader Satoshi". SCNR.

I learned a new thing today. I didn't know that in order to mine or use bitcoin I need to follow a leader or that I'm required to bring in new members. I will get better at this, I promise.
Now i know,
and Knowing is half the battle!!!

Hail Cobra... i mean Satoshi
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:02:59 AM

Ahh the next denial, they don't censor HomeroTalk or ban people, it's the users that are doing it! Damn users, ruining their happy friednly forum!  Cheesy

https://hashtalk.org/topic/25055/hashtalk-banning
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:07:48 AM

There you go, $20 payday delayed:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/25054
https://archive.today/tYPDN

tldr: network still stalled, they're working on it, no ETA yet, Paybase launch delayed by an unspecified amount of time.
T0urist

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:09:35 AM

Ahh the next denial, they don't censor HomeroTalk or ban people, it's the users that are doing it! Damn users, ruining their happy friednly forum!  Cheesy

What a flawed fuckin system. Give an upvote system control of bans Here's a hint. Remove it as its a problem with free speech.

Shadow bans are sneaky and lame. Under handed.

Hey bitpop you were right Homereo lurks and uses many alts. Funny how he addresses everything just as we report it here. Damage control much heh.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:11:12 AM

Agreed... GAW has an unusually strong customer loyalty without much in the way of commitment. I think it's because Josh appears to offer a lot of good will statements from the perspective of always appearing to be the underdog in a campaign fight of some sort. They work very hard at controlling the message and couching any type of critical responses, the hashtalk forum is more like an interactive newsletter than an open message platform. Josh is really a modern day Harry Gordon Selfridge, for better or for worse.  At this point, it's more about the message and the marketing than the delivery. I think in the long term, they will turn a corner and the delivery part will start to come through or they will have to close the doors. GAW has a bad habit of moving on to the next thing and then swaying customers along to the next vine to invest in. It's been very successful for them as a group. How long they can maintain the customer base will be an interesting trend to watch.

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:12:15 AM

This is a lot of BS even by CEO's standards  Grin

Rogue moderators, that's a new one.

https://archive.today/tF6zr
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: