Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:23:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376857 times)
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 02:01:17 PM

I'll tell you what the problem is:  ION is run by the same people who ran GAW, Paycoin and XPY.io after Garza was made the scapegoat. Who by the way are also the same people that set up the fake "gawsuit". But you know what, have fun playing World of Hash. ION will go to teh moon for sure.

Garza is innocent? I've not head that one before.

World of Hash is just a game. It's not real lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 02:08:43 PM

I too believe Homero is innocent

boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:54:29 PM

Sure, we all do Smiley, we can't wait to see him to tell him this  Cool
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:04:27 PM

With any coin, especially one that has people attached from former projects that are known to have gone bad, proper and detailed research and due diligence is required.

We've all been in the " crypto space" for some time now to see and understand the key signifiers and obvious flags for scams.

from ICO, premines, huuuuge % returns in short timescales, stakers, power stakers et al and more. In the end many bear the same resemblance to former failures and in many cases are/were called out way in advance of their actual failure.

Accepting that these are NOT proper ways to go about coin development, especially now that the whole scene has matured beyond those "wild west" days (although not for the want of many people still trying!!) is a good start to questioning the technology and the people behind it.

Are they competent? Their record of success in Development terms. Former software that can be referred to as useful/valid/real/valuable.

Banging out generic websites, white label code and the like doesn't cut it anymore, there must be substance and to find that one has to dig deep and research and spend time else a fool and his money will soon be parted.

Worthwhile "Coins" are getting rarer as the financial world wakes up and other businesses understand the power of tokenisation and automation to boot. Some kid in a bedroom is now unlikely to be the maker of the next big "Asset" no matter how big the hype they offer.

THIS is reasonable discussion and these are all valid points.

"THIS is reasonable discussion and these are all valid points."

You sure do like to say that a lot.

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 06:02:46 PM

it's all thanks to the troll fudders!

Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:10:16 PM

I'll tell you what the problem is:  ION is run by the same people who ran GAW, Paycoin and XPY.io after Garza was made the scapegoat. Who by the way are also the same people that set up the fake "gawsuit". But you know what, have fun playing World of Hash. ION will go to teh moon for sure.

Garza is innocent? I've not head that one before.

World of Hash is just a game. It's not real lol

Where did I say "Garza is innocent"? Nowhere. I said he was made a scapegoat. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
Garza is a con man - and he does not have the slightest idea how blockchain based cryptocurrencies work. That's why he became partners with people who badly copied the Peercoin sourcecode for him. The only thing Garza knows about besides creating scams is how to write marketing drivel. And thus from the badly written Peercoin clone called Paycoin, Garza created a fairy tale of the totally innovative Paycoin with Wal-Mart and Amazon adoption. As the scam progressed, Garza's friends took all XPY from him and booted him. There is no honor among thieves. They blamed him for the whole scam why they kept dumping their paycoins on you while they pretended to save you bagholders by setting up awesome websites and groups such as "Team Paycoin", XPY.io and all that other garbage. They even created a fake lawsuit - all this while blaming Garza for everything, and you fell for it. You could have read about all that here months ago. (And these are the people who you buy your ION from. Have fun.)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:13:06 PM

R.I.P. XPY

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:29:41 PM

Just a quick note. ION is semi-ontopic here, I'll update the title soon-ish to get rid of Carmelo and put ionomy in it. I think it's fine to discuss how ION relates to Garza's "legacy" and all that. For a more in-depth discussion on ION whitepaper and all the awesome innovations (LOL) please visit their official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:36:05 PM

Just a quick note. ION is semi-ontopic here, I'll update the title soon-ish to get rid of Carmelo and put ionomy in it. I think it's fine to discuss how ION relates to Garza's "legacy" and all that. For a more in-depth discussion on ION whitepaper and all the awesome innovations (LOL) please visit their official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633

How this is related to XPY?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:59:43 PM

People talked facts at the time with GAW and you ignored them.. how do you respond to this. Some facts people raised at the time

1. No pool or individual new pool increased the hash rate needed on the claims garza made.

2. No proof was shown when requested of the actual hashing facility minus and after a lot of time a dark warehouse single row that clearly looking through showed no other rows (btw mordica knew this... he was on that xpy.io or dev or whatever shit that everyone on hashtalk followed after)

3. after requesting proof of amazon, target, etc garza reneged and the shillers i.e. you criticised accusers for garzas lack of proof without questioning him.

4. After all the requests of proof for the actual stories going out i.e. time, cnn, forbes etc we saw some shitty wall street journal paid advert etc. Even after these requests by people and none coming you all still said these publications take time.

Those were all facts and many more and you ignored them back then.... how would you respond to actual facts now? You come here trying to act reasonable yet want to forget your past placing all blame on garza... take some responsibility. I doubt with any such fact acqusations you'd even listen or consider. Correct me if im wrong. Seems the same old shit to me.

I made a very bad investment and never even came here once to find what anyone was saying. So it's not that I ignored it, I didn't even look.

I was late to the GAW game, so I was taking much of my "advice" from existing long-time GAW investors. That was a huge mistake because of course they got scammed too.

Me being here right now is completely different to 18 months ago. I made not a single visit or comment here. This is how it's different now.

People posted that stuff on hashtalk... they were called fudders there everyone on that forum including you saw it. Also the shadow bans and shit and josh's constant o this is a glitch that is a glitch. remember when his emails came out and people still weren't believing? Calling them fake etc
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:33:08 PM

People talked facts at the time with GAW and you ignored them.. how do you respond to this. Some facts people raised at the time

1. No pool or individual new pool increased the hash rate needed on the claims garza made.

2. No proof was shown when requested of the actual hashing facility minus and after a lot of time a dark warehouse single row that clearly looking through showed no other rows (btw mordica knew this... he was on that xpy.io or dev or whatever shit that everyone on hashtalk followed after)

3. after requesting proof of amazon, target, etc garza reneged and the shillers i.e. you criticised accusers for garzas lack of proof without questioning him.

4. After all the requests of proof for the actual stories going out i.e. time, cnn, forbes etc we saw some shitty wall street journal paid advert etc. Even after these requests by people and none coming you all still said these publications take time.

Those were all facts and many more and you ignored them back then.... how would you respond to actual facts now? You come here trying to act reasonable yet want to forget your past placing all blame on garza... take some responsibility. I doubt with any such fact acqusations you'd even listen or consider. Correct me if im wrong. Seems the same old shit to me.

I made a very bad investment and never even came here once to find what anyone was saying. So it's not that I ignored it, I didn't even look.

I was late to the GAW game, so I was taking much of my "advice" from existing long-time GAW investors. That was a huge mistake because of course they got scammed too.

Me being here right now is completely different to 18 months ago. I made not a single visit or comment here. This is how it's different now.

People posted that stuff on hashtalk... they were called fudders there everyone on that forum including you saw it. Also the shadow bans and shit and josh's constant o this is a glitch that is a glitch. remember when his emails came out and people still weren't believing? Calling them fake etc

It started a whole argument and BitcoinBoner said it was possible to hack SHA-256 with a normal computer in just a few days. People even came up with ideas how that (encrypted/verified) header/email could be faked. It was hilarious. Garza even admitted that that Google group was made public on accident and people STILL thought it was fake! ION is going to be a coin with the same 100 or so people that enjoy riding a long con. You could hand them a dollar bill, tell them it's a dollar bill and they wouldn't believe you that it's a one dollar bill. Even though it is physically in their hand. That sorta mental this bunch is.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:35:10 PM

It started a whole argument and BitcoinBoner said it was possible to hack SHA-256 with a normal computer in just a few days. People even came up with ideas how that (encrypted/verified) header/email could be faked. It was hilarious. Garza even admitted that that Google group was made public on accident and people STILL thought it was fake! ION is going to be a coin with the same 100 or so people that enjoy riding a long con. You could hand them a dollar bill, tell them it's a dollar bill and they wouldn't believe you that it's a one dollar bill. Even though it is physically in their hand. That sorta mental this bunch is.

Of course they don't know what a dollar bill looks like, did you see what they thought a $20 bill looked like? Imagine the confusion if they tried to hand out $20 bills now with the changing picture.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:02:08 AM

Of course they don't know what a dollar bill looks like, did you see what they thought a $20 bill looked like? Imagine the confusion if they tried to hand out $20 bills now with the changing picture.

Sure they do... its the one with josh garzas face on it in the middle isn't it?

Hey remember that time paycoin was so technologically advanced that even josh didn't know what the fuck it did or how it worked? How he posted up on hashtalk nobody has guessed or come close to the entire paycoin ecosystem and he offered a btc reward to who explained it the best. Was amusing that it wasn't a red flag to people ... take their money then ask them to guess what it does so you can take the best ideas and say yeah you guessed it even though josh had no fucking clue.

Remember how paycoin was so innovative and way faster than all other coins but no code changes were done it was a fork and just a block time change.

Once this is all over we'll have to have a rememberance day where we have a drink and tell all the fun old stupid stories about the time josh garza thought he was intelligent. Man i bet unclue stu, josh's mum and pretty much everyone whos ever met him feels embarrassed to be scammed by someone who was so obvious that it wasn't funny.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 04:50:25 AM

As a BCT "HERO" I can only imagine you were awarded that status for successfully not losing your password and email for 2 years. Well done Cheesy

THIS is BS discussion which is worthless and a waste of time. No wonder this thread is 2,290 pages.

A word of advice if I may. If you want a reasonable discussion - be reasonable. Ad hominem is not reasonable. Tone complaints don't make any sense at all, especially in this thread.

Your flawed logic and poor memory have likely not averted a single person from investing in a scam. How you execute your discussion will impact who will listen to you, or who will take you seriously. Learn the difference between logic and opinion, facts and feelings, objectives and subjectives.

Looks like you're trying to have it both ways again. How about we go back to your "SEC approval" and other statements. Were they made with the intention of having them taken seriously or were you knowingly spouting rubbish? Also logic vs opinion - when you were defending your shilling just recently you tried to paint it as an opinion but you repeatedly used the word "logic" in that same "SEC approval" thread. So it was all serious facts and logic back then and became feelings and opinions later?

The fact (and not a feeling) is this: you were faced with proof showing that Garza is up to no good but you shilled for him like he was the genius he pretended to be. Malicious or ignorant, that behavior certainly puts your current shilling for ION in the same category. You're faced with facts, such as the lack of proof that the "team" is even capable of things they promise, a multi-milllion USD ICO with no escrow, etc.

But this time you know it's going to be cool because you know Adam is a nice guy? Was Homero a nice guy too? Was he being arrested or wanted by the FBI when you gave him your money and encouraged others to do so with your "logic"? Was his address and phone number publicly known? Actually Garza still hasn't been arrested so perhaps he's not a scammer. Those e-mails were fake and Paybase blog said the SEC can go fuck themselves.

For me, I look at the external facts. He has not been arrested, he is not wanted by the FBI, Garza has not claimed he was an accomplice, he is completely transparent in his home address and cellphone number, and some 16 months has passed for law enforcement agencies to do their enquiries. So I have no reason to believe he was acting with Garza (who incidentally scammed anyone and everyone, unconditionally including his friends, his co-workers, his investors - hence why he is a wanted man).

Any claims that Matlack scammed people are just claims but in reality, the actions of the authorities and lack of any evidence to the contrary are compelling enough for me. Besides, for many months with XPY I have seen him in action and he seems like a really nice, honest guy. (This is NOT investment advice!)

You're like a drunk driver weaving across the autobahn. With some luck you might be able to get home without hurting yourself or anyone else but to an outside observer you look like someone who shouldn't be drinking or driving or both.

By the way Garza hasn't been criminally charged and even the civil suit hasn't really started yet so I wouldn't be so sure his accomplices are going to emerge unscathed from this.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:20:40 AM

As a BCT "HERO" I can only imagine you were awarded that status for successfully not losing your password and email for 2 years. Well done Cheesy

THIS is BS discussion which is worthless and a waste of time. No wonder this thread is 2,290 pages.

A word of advice if I may. If you want a reasonable discussion - be reasonable. Ad hominem is not reasonable. Tone complaints don't make any sense at all, especially in this thread.

For a moment I started to lose my composure. I will make use of the ignore button in future rather than get drawn in to time wasting.

Advice gratefully accepted.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:28:33 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 06:53:59 AM by Mr-Coins

I think to add Ionomy here would devalue any critical conversation regarding their project. They have their own thread.

This could be seen as branding the project "Guilty before innocent" before any reasonable discussion has even taken place.

It may seem to some that prior ego battles have gone too far and that reasonable discussion is simply not possible.

If "Guilty before innocent" is the objective then you could expect the listening audience to be reduced to not much more than those who are already here.

Everytime the conversation becomes unreasonable, some people stop listening. This is how I suspect Garza got away with what he did.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 07:27:38 AM

I think to add Ionomy here would devalue any critical conversation regarding their project. They have their own thread.

This could be seen as branding the project "Guilty before innocent" before any reasonable discussion has even taken place.

It may seem to some that prior ego battles have gone too far and that reasonable discussion is simply not possible.

If "Guilty before innocent" is the objective then you could expect the listening audience to be reduced to not much more than those who are already here.

Everytime the conversation becomes unreasonable, some people stop listening. This is how I suspect Garza got away with what he did.

Well, I've asked some perfectly reasonable questions of them, such as who they are, what the company number is, a link to online resource showing that the company is legit and so far nothing, so it's not looking good.

And I'm being reasonable about this.  I don' think it should take as long as it has to show people who you're asking for money from, some openness and transparency.

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 11:41:56 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 11:52:08 AM by Mr-Coins

Well, I've asked some perfectly reasonable questions of them, such as who they are, what the company number is, a link to online resource showing that the company is legit and so far nothing, so it's not looking good.

And I'm being reasonable about this.  I don' think it should take as long as it has to show people who you're asking for money from, some openness and transparency.

They are reasonable questions.

The company and structure are basically the same as XPY.io has been for the last year. It's the same team.

We know the COO is Adam Matlock (it was in the PR), not sure of the company number.

Which type of online resource would show the company is legit?

The address I got on the Ionomy mail shot (which came from support@ionomy.com) was:

111 North Bridge Road 08-18 Peninsula Plaza
singapore 179098
Singapore

If there is one for the location of the company then they have to be on there - this would prove at least the company exists.

Also just because a company exists, it doesn't mean anything. But it's something to cross off the list.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:53:19 AM

And I'm being reasonable about this.  I don' think it should take as long as it has to show people who you're asking for money from, some openness and transparency.

The company and structure are basically the same as XPY.io has been for the last year. It's the same team.

We know the COO is Adam Matlock (it was in the PR), not sure of the company number.

The address I got on the mail shot was:

singapore 179098
Singapore

If there is one for the location of the company then they have to be on there - this would prove at least the company exists.

Also just because a company exists, it doesn't mean anything. But it's something to cross off the list.

This just proves that the address is a valid address in Singapore. This proves nothing about ionomy being a business or anything of that nature.

Mr Coins, I have a question for you. I have read you saying that you were wrong and you learned our lesson and XPY caused you to walk away from crypto for many months. If you learned your lesson, why did you come straight back to XPY? I'm truly baffled by that logic.

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 11:58:59 AM

The address I got on the mail shot was:

singapore 179098
Singapore

This just proves that the address is a valid address in Singapore. This proves nothing about ionomy being a business or anything of that nature.

Mr Coins, I have a question for you. I have read you saying that you were wrong and you learned our lesson and XPY caused you to walk away from crypto for many months. If you learned your lesson, why did you come straight back to XPY? I'm truly baffled by that logic.

I still had all my XPY - I never dumped it all as i'd been so wrongly accused of doing.

They offered to swap everyone's XPY for ION (limited to first 10MM XPY), so given that XPY was worth (virtually) nothing, I swapped them all with nothing to lose.

So I have an interest in Ionomy succeeding at some level, but also want to maintain a balanced view, it's why I came here - something i've never done before.

I'm still here despite being called a scammer, pumper, dumper, liar, criminal etc etc
Pages: « 1 ... 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 [2261] 2262 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: