Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376857 times)
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:11:29 PM

Well, I've asked some perfectly reasonable questions of them, such as who they are, what the company number is, a link to online resource showing that the company is legit and so far nothing, so it's not looking good.

And I'm being reasonable about this.  I don' think it should take as long as it has to show people who you're asking for money from, some openness and transparency.

They are reasonable questions.

The company and structure are basically the same as XPY.io has been for the last year. It's the same team.

We know the COO is Adam Matlock (it was in the PR), not sure of the company number.

Which type of online resource would show the company is legit?

The address I got on the Ionomy mail shot (which came from support@ionomy.com) was:

111 North Bridge Road 08-18 Peninsula Plaza
singapore 179098
Singapore

If there is one for the location of the company then they have to be on there - this would prove at least the company exists.

Also just because a company exists, it doesn't mean anything. But it's something to cross off the list.

The reason I asked them in the first place was because they claim to have formed a company based in Singapore, under the name used in their TOS, yet, so far there's no evidence provided that that is true. 

it shouldn't have taken in excess of 17 hours to provide those details.

The other reason to ask is because, for people to have confidence in the team, given their history, it'd help people to know that they have access to legal recourse in the event of wrong doing, by whatever means.

Either way, the fact that they've so far failed to support their claim is...suspicious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:14:52 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 12:26:35 PM by Mr-Coins

Well, I've asked some perfectly reasonable questions of them, such as who they are, what the company number is, a link to online resource showing that the company is legit and so far nothing, so it's not looking good.

And I'm being reasonable about this.  I don' think it should take as long as it has to show people who you're asking for money from, some openness and transparency.

The company and structure are basically the same as XPY.io has been for the last year. It's the same team.

We know the COO is Adam Matlock (it was in the PR), not sure of the company number.

The address I got on the Ionomy mail shot (which came from support@ionomy.com) was:

singapore 179098
Singapore

If there is one for the location of the company then they have to be on there - this would prove at least the company exists.

Also just because a company exists, it doesn't mean anything. But it's something to cross off the list.

The reason I asked them in the first place was because they claim to have formed a company based in Singapore, under the name used in their TOS, yet, so far there's no evidence provided that that is true.  

it shouldn't have taken in excess of 17 hours to provide those details.

The other reason to ask is because, for people to have confidence in the team, given their history, it'd help people to know that they have access to legal recourse in the event of wrong doing, by whatever means.

Either way, the fact that they've so far failed to support their claim is...suspicious.

I've questioned the delays, the BCT ann is "unattended" so the time lapse is not unexpected. It being unattended is not ideal and even though slack is always there, not many people actually use it.

So, we need the company number and a place to search it right?

In the UK, you can setup a legit company for just £20, so it doesn't really prove anything to me.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:40:33 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 12:59:38 PM by suchmoon

Just a quick note. ION is semi-ontopic here, I'll update the title soon-ish to get rid of Carmelo and put ionomy in it. I think it's fine to discuss how ION relates to Garza's "legacy" and all that. For a more in-depth discussion on ION whitepaper and all the awesome innovations (LOL) please visit their official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633

I think to add Ionomy here would devalue any critical conversation regarding their project. They have their own thread.

This could be seen as branding the project "Guilty before innocent" before any reasonable discussion has even taken place.

This is not a "guilty" thread, it's not even a scam accusation. It started as an assorted list of questions and the only reason it evolved into this 2000+ page monstrosity is because there WAS as scam. This was not a conviction from the start, far from it.

It may seem to some that prior ego battles have gone too far and that reasonable discussion is simply not possible.

If "Guilty before innocent" is the objective then you could expect the listening audience to be reduced to not much more than those who are already here.

Everytime the conversation becomes unreasonable, some people stop listening. This is how I suspect Garza got away with what he did.

Really? Opponents not being nice was the reason for the scam's success?

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps your expectation of "nice" on the internet is misplaced? You haven't been the nicest person during the Garza shitshow either and even now you seem to be more interested in ad hominems than actually doing due diligence on projects you're promoting.

There were many people pointing out issues with Garza's "projects", from very reasonable observations to just just plain "fuck this shit". The reason the scam succeeded was no the tone of some opponents but the complete refusal of a sufficient number of "investors" to believe anybody except Garza. It continued as long as that number was sufficient to sustain the scam.

Being nice is no match for greed and stupidity, never has been and never will be, as evidenced by the never ending scams both in crypto and IRL. What's that saying, you can't con an honest person? Well, perhaps it doesn't necessarily apply to every con but here it fits perfectly.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:09:43 PM

Being nice is no match for greed and stupidity, never has been and never will be, as evidenced by the never ending scams both in crypto and IRL. What's that saying, you can't con an honest person? Well, perhaps it doesn't necessarily apply to every con but here it fits perfectly.

If i'd listened to members (like you, bitpop) before October 2014 then maybe things would have been different for me, but unfortunately not a single post or claim reached me as I didn't use this forum (my loss). I do also need to get used to the idea of forum etiquette. Well that is the past.

Going forward...

Would you conclude Ionomy is a scam primarily because Adam Matlock is involved?

In your opinion, is there a chance Ionomy might NOT be a scam?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:33:07 PM

The address I got on the mail shot was:

singapore 179098
Singapore

This just proves that the address is a valid address in Singapore. This proves nothing about ionomy being a business or anything of that nature.

Mr Coins, I have a question for you. I have read you saying that you were wrong and you learned our lesson and XPY caused you to walk away from crypto for many months. If you learned your lesson, why did you come straight back to XPY? I'm truly baffled by that logic.

I still had all my XPY - I never dumped it all as i'd been so wrongly accused of doing.

They offered to swap everyone's XPY for ION (limited to first 10MM XPY), so given that XPY was worth (virtually) nothing, I swapped them all with nothing to lose.

So I have an interest in Ionomy succeeding at some level, but also want to maintain a balanced view, it's why I came here - something i've never done before.

I'm still here despite being called a scammer, pumper, dumper, liar, criminal etc etc

But you kept on buying more XPY and purchased enough for several Prime Controllers. I would say you didn't learn your lesson at all. If you did you would have demoed all your coins and moved on. Perhaps the greed took over again? It just doesn't make sense when you state you learned your lesson and the XPY scam was soooooo bad you took months off from crypto to come back and buy more of the scam coin that caused you so much trouble. Makes ZERO sense. Please explain your reasoning.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:36:21 PM

If i'd listened to members (like you, bitpop) before October 2014 then maybe things would have been different for me, but unfortunately not a single post or claim reached me as I didn't use this forum (my loss). I do also need to get used to the idea of forum etiquette. Well that is the past.

Going forward...

It may not be a scam per se, but it looks to be set up for a colossal failure that will yet again lose people money. They can't answer the most basic of questions. It is obvious this project was half assed and just a money grab. NOTHING is prepared and ready to go except the system to give them money for IONs. No escrow, no wallet, no real information.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:42:23 PM

Just a quick note. ION is semi-ontopic here, I'll update the title soon-ish to get rid of Carmelo and put ionomy in it. I think it's fine to discuss how ION relates to Garza's "legacy" and all that. For a more in-depth discussion on ION whitepaper and all the awesome innovations (LOL) please visit their official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633

How this is related to XPY?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:55:21 PM

Going forward...

If you're addressing this to me personally - I don't think I called ionomy a scam. Actually I think I did not call GAW a scam until maybe mid 2015 Grin

I don't have to be a judge and executioner. I strongly believe in everyone's right to make an informed decision for themselves, the keyword here being "informed". So I find it truly bizarre that posters who claim to be investors and/or supporters would try to discredit anyone trying to ask questions. If it's a legit operation - the more transparency the better. This is crypto, everything is supposed to be on the blockchain anyway and anybody telling you that their online wallet or some other trinket is better than blockchain should be laughed at with extreme prejudice.

I wouldn't trust Matlack. Even if he's not a scammer - he's grossly incompetent with two failures to show for it (his investment in GAW and xpy.io).

If there is a chance that ionomy is not a scam I'm sure you will let us know so I'm not too worried about that. I'm more concerned about people being able to estimate whether that chance is 50% or 1% or perhaps the same as the chance of Garza buying back all XPY at $20.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:59:43 PM

Best regards.

XPY is being officially exchanged to ION at an 8:1 ratio. ION is developed by the same group of people who promised to develop XPY and failed. ION is a pre-mined shitcoin just like XPY. Is that good enough for you?
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:05:19 PM

XPY is being officially exchanged to ION at an 8:1 ratio.

Can you show proofs of that?

ION is developed by the same group of people who promised to develop XPY and failed. ION is a pre-mined shitcoin just like XPY. Is that good enough for you?

Can't say that without proofs.

Thank you and best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:11:46 PM

XPY is being officially exchanged to ION at an 8:1 ratio.

Can you show proofs of that?

ION is developed by the same group of people who promised to develop XPY and failed. ION is a pre-mined shitcoin just like XPY. Is that good enough for you?

Can't say that without proofs.

Thank you and best regards.

I know you're trolling us but I'll entertain you this one last time.

ION announcement:

https://archive.is/tuWVB#selection-987.0-987.38
XPY will have a fixed value of 8 to 1.

Also the title of the thread is:

A Message from the team behind XPY.io

Pre-mine:

https://ionomy.com/about/whitepaper

Initial Coin Supply: 10,900,000

If you have anything else to say please do your own research.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:12:04 PM

I've questioned the delays, the BCT ann is "unattended" so the time lapse is not unexpected. It being unattended is not ideal and even though slack is always there, not many people actually use it.

So, we need the company number and a place to search it right?

In the UK, you can setup a legit company for just £20, so it doesn't really prove anything to me.

I didn't say anything about having to prove it to you.

I asked them because they made the claim that they have established a registered company in Singapore.

No one else made that claim, they did.

I have asked for details to verify that claim.

At this time it appears they have nothing to back it up with.

It ain't rocket science, y'know :-)

mutha

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

AS8UDRR8Dc4wTyZkMT7Z5vaXtiWK9zh5Hb

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:18:59 PM

I too believe Homero is innocent

LOL thanks for the laugh  Cheesy

Oh its entirely possible someone in a certain "fintech investment firm" said lets go find the most stupid person we can locate and set up him as CEO figure head and do some back room profiting from the bumbling stumbling chuckle head.  

But innocent? I guess Homero could plead ignorance... lots and lots of ignorance.  

Still laughing...  
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:58:01 PM

I know you're trolling us but I'll entertain you this one last time.

ION announcement:

https://archive.is/tuWVB#selection-987.0-987.38
XPY will have a fixed value of 8 to 1.

Also the title of the thread is:

A Message from the team behind XPY.io

Pre-mine:

https://ionomy.com/about/whitepaper

Initial Coin Supply: 10,900,000

If you have anything else to say please do your own research.

If you say asking is trolling we speak two different languages.

Thank You for your reply.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:00:42 PM

Touche. Still do your own research please. You shouldn't trust me or anybody to do it for you.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:04:25 PM

Touche. Still do your own research please. You shouldn't trust me or anybody to do it for you.

Thank You for your reply.

Best regards.

PS (cause you think I'm trolling): I lost 1000' in XPY want to be sure to know what is going on in this market.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 04:47:01 PM

Please do not fud pastor matlack

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 05:29:09 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 06:02:27 PM by Mr-Coins

Best regards.

XPY is being officially exchanged to ION at an 8:1 ratio. ION is developed by the same group of people who promised to develop XPY and failed. ION is a pre-mined shitcoin just like XPY. Is that good enough for you?

This isn't entirely accurate.

1) There was a swap offer for XPY.io holders to exchange their XPY to ION. It was optional. XPY still exists (and may be further developed by the XPY devs). Some kept their XPY. Most XPY.io users swapped their XPY. The offer was for users of the platform.

2) XPY.io did not fail as a platform because it was a bad platform. It was other factors including broken XPY coin code (not developed by XPY.io), XPY history permanently tainted from Garza scam, and the likes. XPY as a coin was dead. As a platform, XPY.io has been successful. Never hacked, never lost coins, hundreds of active users etc.

3) ION is not developed by the same developers that developed XPY/PayCoin. ION is developed by the developers of XPY.io, the platform. Don't confuse the developers of XPY (the coin) and XPY.io (the platform), they are completely separate groups of people.

It would be false to say ION is XPY re-launched.
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:17:50 PM

Best regards.

1) There was a swap offer for XPY.io holders to exchange their XPY to ION. It was optional. XPY still exists (and may be further developed by the XPY devs). Some kept their XPY. Most XPY.io users swapped their XPY. The offer was for users of the platform.

2) XPY.io did not fail as a platform because it was a bad platform. It was other factors including broken XPY coin code (not developed by XPY.io), XPY history permanently tainted from Garza scam, and the likes. XPY as a coin was dead. As a platform, XPY.io has been successful. Never hacked, never lost coins, hundreds of active users etc.

3) ION is not developed by the same developers that developed XPY/PayCoin. ION is developed by the developers of XPY.io, the platform. Don't confuse the developers of XPY (the coin) and XPY.io (the platform), they are completely separate groups of people.

XPY.io has been successful
hundreds of active users etc

Coins, you and I have different definitions of "successful".

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:26:28 PM

Best regards.

1) It looks like you're saying the same thing. XPY is (or was) indeed exchanged to ION at an 8:1 rate. Which part of my statement are you saying "isn't entirely accurate"?

2) And it took them a year+ to realize that? In what way is that not a failure?

3) +1 for mental gymnastics but that doesn't change anything. People who worked on a failed coin or platform or whatever you want to call it for a year without realizing that it's doomed can't be trusted by default. Let them develop their ionomy using a bank loan and then sell shares in a totally legit functioning uber-innovative business. How's that for an idea? VC sharks should be queuing up outside Matlack's door as we speak.

Oh that's right. Crypto is different. Because building a proper business is too much hassle.
Pages: « 1 ... 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 2265 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: