Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:22:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376806 times)
truckinusa

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:17:58 AM

Garbanzo has really made a name for himself:

TODAY'S Crowdfund Insider

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/06/111928-lawfirm-calls-bancor-ico-interesting-cautions-investors-participating-icos/

Crowdfund Insider: What types of fraud have you seen in the ICO market?

Sauter & McGill:  The GAW Miners case is an obvious example of what can go wrong when new tokens are used to hide a flawed business model [the SEC ordered $10,384,099 in disgorgement and prejudgment interest and each entity was required to pay a civil penalty of $1,000,000. Both GAW Miners and ZenMiner have ceased their former business operations].

That’s an extreme case, but it shows what SEC and private litigation can look like when things go wrong. If ICOs are ultimately deemed subject to the securities laws, the fraud cases of the future will hinge on whether regulators and private plaintiffs are able to portray disclosures made in connection with ICOs as involving material misrepresentations or omissions.

would be nice for them to include how much of that 12 million that was ordered to be paid was actually paid
I spoke to one of SEC attorneys a while back and she said there was $0.  I didn't get into specifics but I assume she meant that GAW and Zenminers had $0.  I honestly don't know how it is possible that Homero has $0.  He did hire a fairly expensive attorney afterall.

bitJob                       ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
                ▄▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████
         ████████████████████████████████████████  ██
         ▀██████████████████████████████████████▀  ██
          ▀▀██████████████████████████████████▀▀  ████
                                                 ▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:30:58 AM

Garbanzo has really made a name for himself:

TODAY'S Crowdfund Insider

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/06/111928-lawfirm-calls-bancor-ico-interesting-cautions-investors-participating-icos/

Crowdfund Insider: What types of fraud have you seen in the ICO market?

Sauter & McGill:  The GAW Miners case is an obvious example of what can go wrong when new tokens are used to hide a flawed business model [the SEC ordered $10,384,099 in disgorgement and prejudgment interest and each entity was required to pay a civil penalty of $1,000,000. Both GAW Miners and ZenMiner have ceased their former business operations].

That’s an extreme case, but it shows what SEC and private litigation can look like when things go wrong. If ICOs are ultimately deemed subject to the securities laws, the fraud cases of the future will hinge on whether regulators and private plaintiffs are able to portray disclosures made in connection with ICOs as involving material misrepresentations or omissions.

would be nice for them to include how much of that 12 million that was ordered to be paid was actually paid
I spoke to one of SEC attorneys a while back and she said there was $0.  I didn't get into specifics but I assume she meant that GAW and Zenminers had $0.  I honestly don't know how it is possible that Homero has $0.  He did hire a fairly expensive attorney afterall.

I know it was 0, that article should mention it. It's a lot easier to just not give your money to a scumbag than to give it to one and hope that someone will get it back for them
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1122

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:10:52 PM

Got to agree.  I see more energy spent on BCT trying to recoup losses, when good old fashioned work or better planning in the first place would get them so much further. 
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:01:15 PM

Update on court...looks like there will be a new inmate soon.

http://imgur.com/LV4amss

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3472

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:05:41 PM

heh

wonder if its allowed to mail bars of soap carved into hashlet shapes to him in prison.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:42:35 AM

Party Time!

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:21:58 AM

maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:17:07 AM

Very encouraging letter that from Pierpont. Discussing the terms of Homero's pleas and the sentencing process. Sounds like a certainty. Been half expecting some bullshit to torpedo the whole thing. But to put that wording in black and white like that, seems to be proceeding according to plan.  Need to see him cuffs before believing any of it.

Nice legal article about shithead. One things for sure he's very famous now and for all the wrong reasons.  Cheesy

http://www.ctlawtribune.com/id=1202790650108/Virtual-Currency-Miners-Ordered-to-Pay-124-Million?mcode=0&curindex=0

Kind of feel bad for granny. First she loses the one grandson, the her beloved doggy dies and immediately after that, her daughter dies, and now her other grandson going in for free diameter enlarging surgery for who knows how long. For all the bullshit Biblical Babble one has to wonder what the fuck they have done in the past to deserve all of this. RIP pooch!  Cry

Meanwhile on the Uncle Stu front, cannot understand the silence. Last communication with the prosecutor, she swore there is no connection with the cases i.e. zero influence going on. The on re-reading the very last court entry this stands out to me:

Especially in light of the concerns raised by Frow , the Plaintiffs are not required to renew these motions promptly and may, if they choose, wait to do so until after the Court rules on the pending motion to dismiss (which would obviate the need to address the stay issue) and/or after the Court enters any judgment with respect to Defendant Fraser

Pretty much an invitation to take your sweet fucking time is how I read it And that seems to be exactly where we are with that case.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:43:06 PM

Very encouraging letter that from Pierpont. Discussing the terms of Homero's pleas and the sentencing process. Sounds like a certainty. Been half expecting some bullshit to torpedo the whole thing. But to put that wording in black and white like that, seems to be proceeding according to plan.  Need to see him cuffs before believing any of it.

Nice legal article about shithead. One things for sure he's very famous now and for all the wrong reasons.  Cheesy

http://www.ctlawtribune.com/id=1202790650108/Virtual-Currency-Miners-Ordered-to-Pay-124-Million?mcode=0&curindex=0

Kind of feel bad for granny. First she loses the one grandson, the her beloved doggy dies and immediately after that, her daughter dies, and now her other grandson going in for free diameter enlarging surgery for who knows how long. For all the bullshit Biblical Babble one has to wonder what the fuck they have done in the past to deserve all of this. RIP pooch!  Cry

Meanwhile on the Uncle Stu front, cannot understand the silence. Last communication with the prosecutor, she swore there is no connection with the cases i.e. zero influence going on. The on re-reading the very last court entry this stands out to me:

Especially in light of the concerns raised by Frow , the Plaintiffs are not required to renew these motions promptly and may, if they choose, wait to do so until after the Court rules on the pending motion to dismiss (which would obviate the need to address the stay issue) and/or after the Court enters any judgment with respect to Defendant Fraser

Pretty much an invitation to take your sweet fucking time is how I read it And that seems to be exactly where we are with that case.

Here's a better link that doesn't have a paywall: http://www.legaltechnews.com/id=1202790650108/Virtual-Currency-Miners-Ordered-to-Pay-124-Million?mcode=1202615402746&curindex=0&slreturn=20170611093841
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:27:00 PM

going in for free diameter enlarging surgery

chuckle-worthy

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:12:57 PM

Big Money & Wall Street can buy a lot of legal maneuvering.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:15:38 PM

Here's a better link that doesn't have a paywall: http://www.legaltechnews.com/id=1202790650108/Virtual-Currency-Miners-Ordered-to-Pay-124-Million?mcode=1202615402746&curindex=0&slreturn=20170611093841

June 20, 2017   

A Ponzi scheme involving online currency has come to a crashing halt

Yeah -- A YEAR AGO. Nice "breaking news"   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
bmgbmg

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:50:43 PM

Good to see something come out of this.  I was in this thread years ago yelling it was a scam from the beginning.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:09:29 PM

Good to see something come out of this.  I was in this thread years ago yelling it was a scam from the beginning.

Welcome back!  Good timing:  Homero pleads guilty in Federal Court to Wire Fraud in T-minus SIX DAYS!

July 20.

A day that shall live in Crypto infamy.
truckinusa

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:18:56 PM

Any revelations from the conference call?  I didn't have time to listen.

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:10:08 PM

Welcome back!  Good timing:  Homero pleads guilty in Federal Court to Wire Fraud in T-minus SIX DAYS!

July 20.

"Relax! Your next meal will be here any day now.
You're gonna like this one. Rumor has it he's a real ball-cupper."
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:59:28 PM

July 20.

If I'm extra gawsome, can I get a ball coupling?
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3427

born once atheist

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:23:04 AM

July 20.

"Father, who art in heaven, sent me to this forum to seek out the best ball cupper of them all."

did someone mention ball cupping???!! Grin Grin

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
truckinusa

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:03:12 AM

Nobody listened to the conference call at 10am today with the Attorney from the Feds? Sucks to be on vacation in the California mountains.

▄████▄
                                                ▀▀████▀▀
IIII
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:14:41 AM

July 20.

If I'm extra gawsome, can I get a ball coupling?

You know what's funny about the pic above? That's how Josh Zerlan of BFL dresses up once a year when the Furries visit his neck of the woods there in KC. Josh even paints his poodles and brings them along so to intermingle with like painted poodles. Fuckin amazin'!
Pages: « 1 ... 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 2349 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: