Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376855 times)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:45:49 PM

I'm guessing this is where everyone goes to sulk after they are banned on Hashtalk?

Nah, i got out of Mt. GAW way back, (The first people out of the ponzi do pretty well it seems, go figure)! ..

I'm simply here for the entertainment value at this point.

Me too.  I find it funny.

I don't really find it "funny" because a lot of people may end up severely hurt in the end here, however, i do enjoy the daily drama and the humor like that code post above, that was brilliant.  Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:47:13 PM

So, how are the zenpool negotiations going ?

It was supposed to be at the prior level or higher

SOON.

Any word ?

clanbake

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:47:43 PM

I haven't seen evidence of a single block solved by GAW.

I think it's pretty evident that they do not mine with their physical miners for themselves.  They rent this power out (probably to entities like NiceHash, or other cloud mining services), and pay the dividends back to the customers based on what they would have gotten had they used the physical miners for themselves.

No where has GAW ever said anything different.  If people aren't comfortable with this, fine.

Really? You found something official from GAW stating how my money is invested? That's awesome! Send me a link please I would love to read it. Thanks! I appreciate it.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:48:05 PM

You're making a broad assumption here that everyone's doing the same thing. The decision to hold or not hold BTC does not depend on putting one's faith into a very opaque company that seems to be changing its business strategy every few weeks. Anyone is free to dump or buy or otherwise gamble with BTC at any time, there are no major problems with liquidity or any significant lack of information as far as trading is concerned. Try cashing out your hashpoints and let us know how far you got.

Eh, I think that's a dangerous assertion to make.  Lots of people had put their faith into Mt Gox, and well, you know...  There are periods of time where even the remaining existing exchanges have problems with liquidity, or put holds on "questionable" transactions.  It's part of the game/gamble.

But the basic gamble is that all of us have faith that the BTC that you keep in a wallet, or have invested elsewhere has any sort of intrinsic value.  I'm not here to argue this point, but I think people are being a little shortsighted with GAW's customers.  A lot of them have gone "all in" with tremendous gambles, and only time will tell if it paid off.

krach
Legendary

Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020

Get Rekt

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:49:30 PM

I don't really find it "funny" because a lot of people may end up severely hurt in the end here, however, i do enjoy the daily drama and the humor like that code post above, that was brilliant.  Wink

That code isnt "funny" it is SERIOUS , LAZYHASHX get on it NOW before it is too late: http://coinprophet.com/lazyhashx

[color=#00██ ████ ████

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000000000 REKT PLEBS
● DAILY PARLAYS, ACCAS, SINGLES AND BOASTING
● BONUS HUNTING & VIP PICKS
● 24/7 LIVE TROLL BOX
● SCAM TOUTS ROASTED LIVE

suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:50:03 PM

They rent this power out (probably to entities like NiceHash, or other cloud mining services)

Is that why NiceHash was removed from ZenCloud and accused of "exploits"?  Roll Eyes

You should try harder when you are making shit up. This thread has high standards for that kind of stuff.

Like krach's pseudo-code - it's totally believable and authentic  Grin
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:55:09 PM

Is this guy for real or is this a big ass joke? I just read his tagline on twitter and it reads:

"CEO of GAW Corp and GAW Miners. I started in telecom in 2002. Now I dabble in cryptocurrency - my passion. I've been called HashKing. Say Hi."

His telecom business crashed and burned.

http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/Business-Reviews/internet-access-provider/gaw-high-speed-internet-inc-in-enfield-ct-87076464

His current bbb rating is not exactly good.

http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/Business-Reviews/virtual-currency/geniuses-at-work-in-bloomfield-ct-87118728

He's been called "HashKing"? By whom, his wife? WTF does he hash? I haven't seen evidence of a single block solved by GAW.

He "Dabbles" in cryptocurrency? Hmm, if I'm an investor, I sure as hell hope the CEO of that company doesn't refer to his job "dabbling"  Shocked

his wikipedia history isn't so hot either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homero_Josh_Garza

Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
puwaha

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:55:54 PM

Okay, you find it funny that people get ripped off. So you have what it takes to be a cheerleader for GAW.

I find it funny that people like you have stopped mining for real, if you ever mined or even know what that is. I should thank all of you at GAW or Hashtalk for keeping the Bitcoin difficulty down Smiley So, thank you.

No, just trying to keep it light-hearted.  Too many grumpy old men on Bitcointalk these days.  No one likes getting ripped off, I recognize that, but people keep spouting off about "red flags" when really it's more a case of an immature company trying to make a big splash.  Hundreds of start-ups do the same thing, and they make mistakes along the way.  If GAW didn't make any effort to keep it's customers happy, many would have taken off a long time ago.

I haven't stopped physical mining though.  I spread my love around.  A few pieces of kit mining various pools, and just recently trying burst.  I have less than $2k in GAW, so it won't hurt me significantly if it all crumbles down like all the prognosticators here predict.  But, I take predictions with a grain of salt, and do my own research.  Hell, if even 1% of the prognosticators were right in the Speculation threads here at Bitcointalk there would be chaos in the streets.  "To da moon!", no "BTC to zero by new years!"... it's funny... it's entertainment.  Cheesy
puwaha

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:03:57 AM

I'm guessing this is where everyone goes to sulk after they are banned on Hashtalk?

Nah, i got out of Mt. GAW way back, (The first people out of the ponzi do pretty well it seems, go figure)! ..

I'm simply here for the entertainment value at this point.

Me too.  I find it funny.

I don't really find it "funny" because a lot of people may end up severely hurt in the end here, however, i do enjoy the daily drama and the humor like that code post above, that was brilliant.  Wink

I understand the empathy angle, I just don't see what the big deal is getting all mad here.  There are clever ways to get your frustrations heard on hashtalk... you just have to make sure you preface everything with a "I'm not causing trouble here, I believe this is all good" type gibberish.  Don't use those quotes exactly, but sprinkle it in, and you will usually get like minded people to sympathize with your pleas for clarity.

I'm not a fan of the heavy handedness at hashtalk either, but I don't see that as a "red flag"... just an immature company who is afraid of bad PR.  Larger, older companies usually don't give two whits about that sort of stuff as long as it's not slanderous... they just let their results do the talking for them... which I think Josh should learn and do.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:04:44 AM

Cheesy

There's nothing there, you need to troll harder.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
puwaha

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:07:27 AM

I haven't seen evidence of a single block solved by GAW.

I think it's pretty evident that they do not mine with their physical miners for themselves.  They rent this power out (probably to entities like NiceHash, or other cloud mining services), and pay the dividends back to the customers based on what they would have gotten had they used the physical miners for themselves.

No where has GAW ever said anything different.  If people aren't comfortable with this, fine.

Really? You found something official from GAW stating how my money is invested? That's awesome! Send me a link please I would love to read it. Thanks! I appreciate it.

Really?  So when you by a stock in Apple, you want to know what your investment was spent on to the penny?  You demand to know what secret products they are working on right this instant because you are the almighty investor?  They don't have to.  The nerve of some people, you say!  (that was meant to be sarcastic, but also with a hint of truthyness)  Tongue
clanbake

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:07:50 AM

Okay, you find it funny that people get ripped off. So you have what it takes to be a cheerleader for GAW.

I find it funny that people like you have stopped mining for real, if you ever mined or even know what that is. I should thank all of you at GAW or Hashtalk for keeping the Bitcoin difficulty down Smiley So, thank you.

No, just trying to keep it light-hearted.  Too many grumpy old men on Bitcointalk these days.  No one likes getting ripped off, I recognize that, but people keep spouting off about "red flags" when really it's more a case of an immature company trying to make a big splash.  Hundreds of start-ups do the same thing, and they make mistakes along the way.  If GAW didn't make any effort to keep it's customers happy, many would have taken off a long time ago.

I haven't stopped physical mining though.  I spread my love around.  A few pieces of kit mining various pools, and just recently trying burst.  I have less than $2k in GAW, so it won't hurt me significantly if it all crumbles down like all the prognosticators here predict.  But, I take predictions with a grain of salt, and do my own research.  Hell, if even 1% of the prognosticators were right in the Speculation threads here at Bitcointalk there would be chaos in the streets.  "To da moon!", no "BTC to zero by new years!"... it's funny... it's entertainment.  Cheesy

Yea, keep it light-hearted. You only spent 2k at GAW, if it crumbles its not going to matter. Yet, your sig is a link to GAW and you're on here getting offended about every post that shows what a fake GAW actually is. Common, i can smell your douchebaggery from here Smiley Time to hit that ignore button.
puwaha

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

They rent this power out (probably to entities like NiceHash, or other cloud mining services)

Is that why NiceHash was removed from ZenCloud and accused of "exploits"?  Roll Eyes

You should try harder when you are making shit up. This thread has high standards for that kind of stuff.

Like krach's pseudo-code - it's totally believable and authentic  Grin

I don't make "shit up"... it's my best guess.  I probably should have prefaced that comment with an IMHO, right?
galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:10:11 AM

So, touting the world´s best paying pool and a week later
be negotiating the train-wreck of that pool is just an
honest mistake in your opinion ?

puwaha

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:12:48 AM

Yea, keep it light-hearted. You only spent 2k at GAW, if it crumbles its not going to matter. Yet, your sig is a link to GAW and you're on here getting offended about every post that shows what a fake GAW actually is. Common, i can smell your douchebaggery from here Smiley Time to hit that ignore button.

Seriously?  Hundreds of people have signatures here at this forum that they would never endorse.  I mean look at all the gambling dice signatures alone.

It's just a way to make a penny here and there.  Get over yourself, you aren't that important, and neither am I.
galdur

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:12:54 AM

How are the zenpool negotiations going ?

It was supposed to be at a prior level or
higher SOON. When is soon ?

welchy8764

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:13:09 AM

The company we have partnered with to make all of our new gear wants a few "Joshism sayings" to put on some of the gear.

Any thoughts?

"This is my house, and I will not be beat in my own house!"

I Have a few

" Zenpool is most profitable pool on earth"
"Blame the exploiters"
"Genius at Work"
"Legal is our biggest department"
"This was why we temporarily disabled withdrawals; so these users can’t leave our system with our/your bitcoins while we investigate, manually reverse these transfers, and take legal action against the responsible users"

What else?
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:13:35 AM

Cheesy

There's nothing there, you need to troll harder.

No, you didn't read it and missed the actual point - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vandalism

oh wait, your the gaw guy who everyone else has on ignore, sorry everyone! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
puwaha

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

So, touting the world´s best paying pool and a week later
be negotiating the train-wreck of that pool is just an
honest mistake in your opinion ?

Now, come on... I didn't say "honest" mistake.  Cheesy  I just said "mistake".  It happens, and then you scramble to try to make it look like you had it under control, or it was out of your control.  That's just human.  We all do that at work everyday.  Wink

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 12:16:44 AM

WELL hello everyone i go away for a few days and i come back to see the old sections is closed and moved what happen you did not wamt to make 1000 pages of gaw news? In any case now i see i got double digit pages to read through lol that will be fun i guess good reading material.  Grin

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: