Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376873 times)
jayendo

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:24:09 PM

Proof that he changed a post of his is not proof that he lied.

Mey, maybe. But it certainly means that what he says can't be trusted.
Definitely not a man of his word. If he won't stand by what he says or at least admit to changing his mind, why should anyone trust him to deliver on anything he says?

The particular edit that was being trumpeted around as the smoking gun didn't seem that big to me; a minor change of wording. It can be argued that it means the same thing. Not a PROOF THAT GAW IS A BUNCH OF LYING BASTARDS like the posters here seem to think it is.
It proves what we've been stating about the buy wall. They aren't going to dip into their own pockets to buy it, but instead "manage" orders between people. The wall does not exist, that is what it proves. He lied. Continue to remain blind at your leisure though.

That is still not that clear. There are still other posts saying he will maintain the buy wall at $20 next week. The fact that it was pushed off a week weighs far higher than this edit. It could be read both ways. Quote-mining a single edited post and not mentioning that he continues to state that paybase will buy at $20 does not an objective appearance give off.

It should be clear as fucking day what GAW is going to do considering the amount of other peoples money riding on this pipe dream, and none of you GAW retards seem to have a problem with that.

Lay out your predictions, then. (I would challenge you to bet but I got deleted before for doing that.) Calling people retards is fine when you do it, but when GAW calls people trolls, that's terrible?

I could care less that i get called a troll, and i probably am one considering the 12 plus accounts i've burned over at HT for laughs. The problem with predictions is that Homero changes directions three times a day, its the uncertainty and the fact he is just making things up as he goes along that causes people to dislike and distrust him plus the fucking vests... can't stand the vests. The half truths he spouts as great innovation and pricing floors always end up being the very least of what is promised, he does just enough to not be a flat out liar but is certainly misleading people by not being straight forward.

Wow, you got a lot of time on your hands... I don't know if that's just sad, or.... well, sad.

I do have a lot of time on my hands... i just wish my moms house had a basement...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dandana

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:32:11 PM

Gaw people are great example of the human tendency to "rationalize" rather than to think rationally. Lol, the hatred, wow.

It's not just GAW customers that rationalize poor decisions. I've done crypto off and on since 2011 and I've made plenty of bad decisions. Obviously, a number of HT members read this thread. For those of you lurking, here is my experience with GAW. Look at it objectively and tell me it wouldn't raise concerns in a rational person. I know I've had concerns for a long time. I apologize in advance for the tome but this is somewhat of a cathartic event for me.

I purchased my first rebranded Zeus miner from GAW back in June. Back then, GAW's promise was to your door in 5 days. Mine came on the 5th day. Many others did not get theirs in the promised 5 days. Now, in fairness to GAW, the supply chain was out of their hands. They had a vendor who shipped from China and GAW could not control the logistics. They were basically middlemen collecting the money and handling RMAs. There were complaints in their forums and things seemed to be mostly taken care of. They even issued a credit to customers that bought their miners right before they suddenly cut the price in half. Can you always make everyone happy? No. Mostly, at that time, they seemed to be in a little over their head by underestimating what they were in control of but trying to do the right thing.

Then I bought a used Gridseed blade from their website that was stated as coming from their Northeast data center. I had store credit so decided to use it. The miner did not come in the promised timeframe. This seemed odd as the miner was already in their control. I could never get a rep on the phone. However, the emails started to fill up with excuses. "I need to check with our warehouse in China." Yeah, it's used and coming from your US location. I got a ZenController (remember those?) which I didn't order but was told to keep it. After more excuses and a few more weeks, the miner finally showed up and it worked well. Now in my mind, they have a workflow management and customer service problem. The customer service problem is openly acknowledged on their forums and they hire more CS reps who are visible.

Up to this point, GAW sold physical miners but also offered hosting. I didn't utilize their hosting but there were often complaints from the customers about availability and uptime. It was clear that whatever facility was being used was not meant for the kind of power draw these scrypt miners were pulling. They announced they were building a proper data center with the required power density. There were even pictures posted. Fast forward a few weeks and GAW enters into an agreement with ZenMiner. Now you can purchase your miners from GAW and have them hosted at ZenMiner. If you want your miner sent to you, you can make the request and it will be shipped to you. Miners are also guaranteed to be up and running in 24 hours. To me, it seems like GAW is addressing their problems of scale and the hosted solution begins somewhat attractive to me. Customers can also have their GAW hosted miners transferred to ZenMiner. Customers are generally happy with the improved uptime. Fast forward a few weeks and GAW announces that they have merged with ZenMiner. Then there is an impromptu sale that evolves on their forum for a 27 MH/s miner with 3 months of free hosting. I decided to purchase a few. I like to touch my miners but I figured if I didn't like the hosting service, I would request that they be shipped to me. The miners were deployed, I selected my scrypt pool via the ZenCloud interface, and I was good to go.

In my mind, this is where things start to get concerning. Some people with one month of hosting ask that their miners be shipped to them. The GAW policy is not well defined and many customers make a lot of assumptions, many of them bad in my opinion. At that point, the policy is announced that miners requested to be shipped will take at least two weeks. The work will need to be scheduled, the equipment packed, and then shipped. After all, shipping miners is not our primary business or where we focus our resources we are told. Obviously, no one wants to take their miners off-line for a minimum of two weeks and pay shipping costs. This is where you first see GAW pushing customers in the direction GAW wants them to go. I have no idea if anyone ever received a physical miner from the ZenMiner data center. This was a real concern for me and I believe others. Additional questions were being raised. Where was the data center located? It's a trade secret was the response. There were questions about capacity. It's a trade secret was the response. At least post some photos. We will get some posted is the response. There are real, legitimate questions in their forums. They are answered but not really in what I would call a transparent or verifiable manner. It's also when you start to see rationalization by a group of customers. Eventually, pictures are posted. The geo metadata is left in the photos and people quickly discover where the photos were taken. Groups of customers essentially begin the forum equivalent of a victory dance and start in with "See, we weren't wrong." The general feedback to GAW is that communications are limited and something that needs serious improvement.

At this point, I'd come to the conclusion that while the service is represented as a hosting type of operation, it is really a modified type of cloud-based operation with virtual miners. You purchase a portion of hash capacity. How GAW delivers that hash capacity is not your concern. You may have purchased 10 MH/s of power but the underlying hardware could be a 100 MH/s device that is just logically carved up into multiple pieces or two 5 MH/s devices. That's not necessarily bad, but if that's how you are doing it, people should at least be told.

The questions continued even in GAWs forums. These are crypto logistical questions such as, if you are mining a scrypt pool, how come we're not seeing the hashes reflected at the pool? Customers even excitedly talk about pointing their miners to specific pools to see the hash rates jump. Hash rates at the pools remain static. Pool operators state that they are not seeing GAW hash power hit their pools. Why are the hash rates in the ZenCloud dashboard so consistent? Crickets. By this time, I have modified my belief somewhat about how GAW is operating. Rather than having a ton of power hungry scrypt asics mining and converting scrypt-based altcoins to BTC, a process that can be risky and involve losses, I believe that they are just mining straight BTC. Essentially, they have developed a way to abstract the user from the mining activity and create a virtual miner. They have created pool names, based on actual, real pools that people recognize, and assigned payout values to these pools, assigned a conversion factor for the "scrypt" mining users they think they're doing, and pay people. That's just my opinion based on general observations since the flow of verifiable information was limited. I've been an IT infrastructure architect on cloud solutions so this is how I thought what they were doing might be accomplished. At one point, it was almost a game among some forum users to speculate out how GAW might be doing some of the things they were doing. They wouldn't say since it was a trade secret. I had real reservations at this point and really felt that the trade secret veil was an excuse. You can describe in general terms what was being done without giving away the secret sauce. If you were telling people you were operating one way but really operating another, then that's really not kosher. However, I had hosted miners that I couldn't get shipped and didn't really want in my house anyway so I was in a holding pattern.

Vaultbreakers are announced. They are paid in advance like all pre-orders. They are exceedingly expensive with few schedule details like many scrypt pre-orders at the time. I don't do pre-orders after my BFL experience but many people do.  Vaultbreakers are delayed with the occasional status update. A bit later Hashlets are introduced. They are initially described as the most advanced cryptocurrency miner ever which implied it was hardware. There are questions as to if they are really the Vaultbreakers just carved up to smaller pieces or if they are something else. There are multiple levels of Hashlets introduced each with a different price level but they are tied to specific "pools". They are promised to provide ROI. Maintenance fees will never exceed the payout. The Hashlet Prime is described as the best of the best and carry special favor. You can mine any pool with them. Another miner will never be required because the Prime is so advanced. Vaultbreaker owners are given the opportunity to convert their Vaultbreaker orders into Hashlet Primes. This failure to deliver the Vaultbreaker is only minimally noted on the forums because people are so excited they get to convert to Hashlet Primes. They are thankful that they aren't screwed out of their money like in other vaporware pre-orders. For those not versed in finance, these users just gave GAW an interest free loan. The introduction of the Hashlet is where the marketing hype really starts to climb to a fevered pitch.

My hosted miners are converted to Primes. GAW made it too attractive not to convert and my miners were essentially trapped there anyway. It was obvious they wanted to push all hosting customers in that direction. I'm getting daily BTC payouts but they aren't crazy. I figure if things don't go south before my three months of free hosting is done, I will have made back the money I spent on the original "physical" miners. I even buy some Primes at the intro price because I'm slow that way and have an OCD compulsion to make numbers even. I made that decision against my better judgement. It's not the first bad decision I've ever made and it won't be the last.

ZenPool is introduced. Again, it is not clear how ZenPool works and how they are able to maintain a payout better than any other pool. There are vague references to renting out hash power and crypto currency multipool type activity, trading altcoins and being better at it than others. Legitimate questions in the forum are beaten down with positivity. In my mind, this is not a good thing.

Honestly, some of the capabilities are neat and provide flexibility. The whole concept of a virtual miner that allows me to merge miners to make them easier to manage and split miners and mine against different pools is cool. However, as products and capabilities are rolled out, there are constant delays and issues. Many of them are development related. I've been a developer so I understand this world. What I experienced and was witness to was what we call "Cowboy Development." Essentially, it's a lack of real testing. I even question in my mind if there is a test environment. Occasionally, the problems are blamed on infrastructure or even system design. The payment servers are overloaded. The backend database needs to be redesigned. We will rerun payments. Withdraws will be re-enabled soon. Things will be fixed soon. Self-imposed deadlines come and go. People on the forums are always grateful to be told "what's going on" and respond with "You guys are GAWsome, you work too hard. You should get some sleep." In my mind, what they should be doing is deploying fully tested solutions that work on a scalable infrastructure. I understand there might be issues occasionally but I find it extremely unprofessional that they cannot get things right time and time again. This is what I do for a living so I'm really irritated at what would seem to be a certain level of incompetence. Especially for a company that has, in my mind, a fiduciary responsibility to its customers. Let me say that again. GAW has a fiduciary responsibility to its customers to deploy solutions that work.

The rest is kind of where things are now. HT is heavily and efficiently censored to ensure there is no dissent. Announcements come out filled with grammatical errors and present an image to those not blinded that GAW sometimes seems unsure of where they are going. Did you see the debit card reversal and re-reversal? I read the announcements section every few days just to see what the party line is. Delays continue and explanations are weak. The number of customers at GAW has probably grown exponentially. I suspect a number of them think that they are all going to be rich when Paybase is released and they can sell their XPY for $20 back to GAW. My sense is that there are people over there that have no idea what they've gotten into or have spent money that they can't afford to lose. You hear that a lot in investing, cryptocurrency, and even over on HT. A number of those customers haven't seen GAW from the beginning. What I would say to those people is read the text above. It should at least make you think about what you are doing and who you are getting into bed with. If you still choose to make that decision then that's just fine. Just remember what you were told as a kid: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Then remember what you probably weren't told as an adult in relation to investing: Pigs get slaughtered.

Having said all that, I still have some holdings in ZenCloud. I'm not counting on it for anything. It's paying me XPY which I sell. If XPY works out, great. If it doesn't, that's ok too. That's kind of been my attitude toward GAW since I discovered that my hosted miners were essentially trapped back in the summer. I'm not in the hole on this experiment and even if I was, it would only be my own fault. Based on the history I've seen with GAW and how things around XPY have been explained, I don’t see how the situation is sustainable. However, I’m a simpleton so maybe I just don't understand.

Again, sorry for the tome but this was a cathartic event for me and I had to just get it out.

i usualy dont read that much ... but you pointed true examples  ... but what if the paybase will come and everything will be ok ... the demand of paycoins will increase because other exchanges will be filled with request to buy paycoins because they will have a lower price .. eventually the price will be steady  ... i dont know what will be the price but ... if they implement to some big merchants like wallmart it will be pretty high ... yet again ... if they dont prevail its not the end of the world ... every coin lost the price over time ... many people that invested got burned ... in my humble opinion thats the crypto life ... eventually will go down ...
jfabritz

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Cryptocoin Dabbler

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:42:18 PM

...Excellent summary removed for brevity's sake...

<clap clap clap>

Well done sir. I've experienced similar feelings during these events, but was not able to put them down in digital bytes as succinctly as you have just done.

favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:51:05 PM

Gaw people are great example of the human tendency to "rationalize" rather than to think rationally. Lol, the hatred, wow.

It's not just GAW customers that rationalize poor decisions. I've done crypto off and on since 2011 and I've made plenty of bad decisions. Obviously, a number of HT members read this thread. For those of you lurking, here is my experience with GAW. Look at it objectively and tell me it wouldn't raise concerns in a rational person. I know I've had concerns for a long time. I apologize in advance for the tome but this is somewhat of a cathartic event for me.

I purchased my first rebranded Zeus miner from GAW back in June. Back then, GAW's promise was to your door in 5 days. Mine came on the 5th day. Many others did not get theirs in the promised 5 days. Now, in fairness to GAW, the supply chain was out of their hands. They had a vendor who shipped from China and GAW could not control the logistics. They were basically middlemen collecting the money and handling RMAs. There were complaints in their forums and things seemed to be mostly taken care of. They even issued a credit to customers that bought their miners right before they suddenly cut the price in half. Can you always make everyone happy? No. Mostly, at that time, they seemed to be in a little over their head by underestimating what they were in control of but trying to do the right thing.

Then I bought a used Gridseed blade from their website that was stated as coming from their Northeast data center. I had store credit so decided to use it. The miner did not come in the promised timeframe. This seemed odd as the miner was already in their control. I could never get a rep on the phone. However, the emails started to fill up with excuses. "I need to check with our warehouse in China." Yeah, it's used and coming from your US location. I got a ZenController (remember those?) which I didn't order but was told to keep it. After more excuses and a few more weeks, the miner finally showed up and it worked well. Now in my mind, they have a workflow management and customer service problem. The customer service problem is openly acknowledged on their forums and they hire more CS reps who are visible.

Up to this point, GAW sold physical miners but also offered hosting. I didn't utilize their hosting but there were often complaints from the customers about availability and uptime. It was clear that whatever facility was being used was not meant for the kind of power draw these scrypt miners were pulling. They announced they were building a proper data center with the required power density. There were even pictures posted. Fast forward a few weeks and GAW enters into an agreement with ZenMiner. Now you can purchase your miners from GAW and have them hosted at ZenMiner. If you want your miner sent to you, you can make the request and it will be shipped to you. Miners are also guaranteed to be up and running in 24 hours. To me, it seems like GAW is addressing their problems of scale and the hosted solution begins somewhat attractive to me. Customers can also have their GAW hosted miners transferred to ZenMiner. Customers are generally happy with the improved uptime. Fast forward a few weeks and GAW announces that they have merged with ZenMiner. Then there is an impromptu sale that evolves on their forum for a 27 MH/s miner with 3 months of free hosting. I decided to purchase a few. I like to touch my miners but I figured if I didn't like the hosting service, I would request that they be shipped to me. The miners were deployed, I selected my scrypt pool via the ZenCloud interface, and I was good to go.

In my mind, this is where things start to get concerning. Some people with one month of hosting ask that their miners be shipped to them. The GAW policy is not well defined and many customers make a lot of assumptions, many of them bad in my opinion. At that point, the policy is announced that miners requested to be shipped will take at least two weeks. The work will need to be scheduled, the equipment packed, and then shipped. After all, shipping miners is not our primary business or where we focus our resources we are told. Obviously, no one wants to take their miners off-line for a minimum of two weeks and pay shipping costs. This is where you first see GAW pushing customers in the direction GAW wants them to go. I have no idea if anyone ever received a physical miner from the ZenMiner data center. This was a real concern for me and I believe others. Additional questions were being raised. Where was the data center located? It's a trade secret was the response. There were questions about capacity. It's a trade secret was the response. At least post some photos. We will get some posted is the response. There are real, legitimate questions in their forums. They are answered but not really in what I would call a transparent or verifiable manner. It's also when you start to see rationalization by a group of customers. Eventually, pictures are posted. The geo metadata is left in the photos and people quickly discover where the photos were taken. Groups of customers essentially begin the forum equivalent of a victory dance and start in with "See, we weren't wrong." The general feedback to GAW is that communications are limited and something that needs serious improvement.

At this point, I'd come to the conclusion that while the service is represented as a hosting type of operation, it is really a modified type of cloud-based operation with virtual miners. You purchase a portion of hash capacity. How GAW delivers that hash capacity is not your concern. You may have purchased 10 MH/s of power but the underlying hardware could be a 100 MH/s device that is just logically carved up into multiple pieces or two 5 MH/s devices. That's not necessarily bad, but if that's how you are doing it, people should at least be told.

The questions continued even in GAWs forums. These are crypto logistical questions such as, if you are mining a scrypt pool, how come we're not seeing the hashes reflected at the pool? Customers even excitedly talk about pointing their miners to specific pools to see the hash rates jump. Hash rates at the pools remain static. Pool operators state that they are not seeing GAW hash power hit their pools. Why are the hash rates in the ZenCloud dashboard so consistent? Crickets. By this time, I have modified my belief somewhat about how GAW is operating. Rather than having a ton of power hungry scrypt asics mining and converting scrypt-based altcoins to BTC, a process that can be risky and involve losses, I believe that they are just mining straight BTC. Essentially, they have developed a way to abstract the user from the mining activity and create a virtual miner. They have created pool names, based on actual, real pools that people recognize, and assigned payout values to these pools, assigned a conversion factor for the "scrypt" mining users they think they're doing, and pay people. That's just my opinion based on general observations since the flow of verifiable information was limited. I've been an IT infrastructure architect on cloud solutions so this is how I thought what they were doing might be accomplished. At one point, it was almost a game among some forum users to speculate out how GAW might be doing some of the things they were doing. They wouldn't say since it was a trade secret. I had real reservations at this point and really felt that the trade secret veil was an excuse. You can describe in general terms what was being done without giving away the secret sauce. If you were telling people you were operating one way but really operating another, then that's really not kosher. However, I had hosted miners that I couldn't get shipped and didn't really want in my house anyway so I was in a holding pattern.

Vaultbreakers are announced. They are paid in advance like all pre-orders. They are exceedingly expensive with few schedule details like many scrypt pre-orders at the time. I don't do pre-orders after my BFL experience but many people do.  Vaultbreakers are delayed with the occasional status update. A bit later Hashlets are introduced. They are initially described as the most advanced cryptocurrency miner ever which implied it was hardware. There are questions as to if they are really the Vaultbreakers just carved up to smaller pieces or if they are something else. There are multiple levels of Hashlets introduced each with a different price level but they are tied to specific "pools". They are promised to provide ROI. Maintenance fees will never exceed the payout. The Hashlet Prime is described as the best of the best and carry special favor. You can mine any pool with them. Another miner will never be required because the Prime is so advanced. Vaultbreaker owners are given the opportunity to convert their Vaultbreaker orders into Hashlet Primes. This failure to deliver the Vaultbreaker is only minimally noted on the forums because people are so excited they get to convert to Hashlet Primes. They are thankful that they aren't screwed out of their money like in other vaporware pre-orders. For those not versed in finance, these users just gave GAW an interest free loan. The introduction of the Hashlet is where the marketing hype really starts to climb to a fevered pitch.

My hosted miners are converted to Primes. GAW made it too attractive not to convert and my miners were essentially trapped there anyway. It was obvious they wanted to push all hosting customers in that direction. I'm getting daily BTC payouts but they aren't crazy. I figure if things don't go south before my three months of free hosting is done, I will have made back the money I spent on the original "physical" miners. I even buy some Primes at the intro price because I'm slow that way and have an OCD compulsion to make numbers even. I made that decision against my better judgement. It's not the first bad decision I've ever made and it won't be the last.

ZenPool is introduced. Again, it is not clear how ZenPool works and how they are able to maintain a payout better than any other pool. There are vague references to renting out hash power and crypto currency multipool type activity, trading altcoins and being better at it than others. Legitimate questions in the forum are beaten down with positivity. In my mind, this is not a good thing.

Honestly, some of the capabilities are neat and provide flexibility. The whole concept of a virtual miner that allows me to merge miners to make them easier to manage and split miners and mine against different pools is cool. However, as products and capabilities are rolled out, there are constant delays and issues. Many of them are development related. I've been a developer so I understand this world. What I experienced and was witness to was what we call "Cowboy Development." Essentially, it's a lack of real testing. I even question in my mind if there is a test environment. Occasionally, the problems are blamed on infrastructure or even system design. The payment servers are overloaded. The backend database needs to be redesigned. We will rerun payments. Withdraws will be re-enabled soon. Things will be fixed soon. Self-imposed deadlines come and go. People on the forums are always grateful to be told "what's going on" and respond with "You guys are GAWsome, you work too hard. You should get some sleep." In my mind, what they should be doing is deploying fully tested solutions that work on a scalable infrastructure. I understand there might be issues occasionally but I find it extremely unprofessional that they cannot get things right time and time again. This is what I do for a living so I'm really irritated at what would seem to be a certain level of incompetence. Especially for a company that has, in my mind, a fiduciary responsibility to its customers. Let me say that again. GAW has a fiduciary responsibility to its customers to deploy solutions that work.

The rest is kind of where things are now. HT is heavily and efficiently censored to ensure there is no dissent. Announcements come out filled with grammatical errors and present an image to those not blinded that GAW sometimes seems unsure of where they are going. Did you see the debit card reversal and re-reversal? I read the announcements section every few days just to see what the party line is. Delays continue and explanations are weak. The number of customers at GAW has probably grown exponentially. I suspect a number of them think that they are all going to be rich when Paybase is released and they can sell their XPY for $20 back to GAW. My sense is that there are people over there that have no idea what they've gotten into or have spent money that they can't afford to lose. You hear that a lot in investing, cryptocurrency, and even over on HT. A number of those customers haven't seen GAW from the beginning. What I would say to those people is read the text above. It should at least make you think about what you are doing and who you are getting into bed with. If you still choose to make that decision then that's just fine. Just remember what you were told as a kid: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Then remember what you probably weren't told as an adult in relation to investing: Pigs get slaughtered.

Having said all that, I still have some holdings in ZenCloud. I'm not counting on it for anything. It's paying me XPY which I sell. If XPY works out, great. If it doesn't, that's ok too. That's kind of been my attitude toward GAW since I discovered that my hosted miners were essentially trapped back in the summer. I'm not in the hole on this experiment and even if I was, it would only be my own fault. Based on the history I've seen with GAW and how things around XPY have been explained, I don’t see how the situation is sustainable. However, I’m a simpleton so maybe I just don't understand.

Again, sorry for the tome but this was a cathartic event for me and I had to just get it out.

That's funny, because in all the hardware I ordered over my 3 years of basement mining, GAW was the ONLY company that ever delivered my stuff on time.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:51:40 PM

Crushed - excellent write up and no truer words have been spoken. Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:56:48 PM

That's funny, because in all the hardware I ordered over my 3 years of basement mining, GAW was the ONLY company that ever delivered my stuff on time.

Is that really all you have to say about that entire story Cheesy
vabchgent

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:02:43 PM

favelle75 - I remember when GAW was selling equipment. I personally did not have any problems with on time deliveries. But there were people that had to wait they were far and few in between but it is the truth. Also at the time they did look out for there customer and whatever they told you it was the truth and they made it happen. Dont know why you people from HT don't see the difference between GAW then and now. Somewhere along the lines GAW started bending the truth. Its a totally different company now. People say transparency  - All I know is if I asked a question before I would get a direct straight answer. Try that now see where it gets you.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
bitgeek

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:25:26 PM

Definitely not a man of his word. If he won't stand by what he says or at least admit to changing his mind, why should anyone trust him to deliver on anything he says?

The particular edit that was being trumpeted around as the smoking gun didn't seem that big to me; a minor change of wording. It can be argued that it means the same thing. Not a PROOF THAT GAW IS A BUNCH OF LYING BASTARDS like the posters here seem to think it is.
It proves what we've been stating about the buy wall. They aren't going to dip into their own pockets to buy it, but instead "manage" orders between people. The wall does not exist, that is what it proves. He lied. Continue to remain blind at your leisure though.

That is still not that clear. There are still other posts saying he will maintain the buy wall at $20 next week. The fact that it was pushed off a week weighs far higher than this edit. It could be read both ways. Quote-mining a single edited post and not mentioning that he continues to state that paybase will buy at $20 does not an objective appearance give off.

It should be clear as fucking day what GAW is going to do considering the amount of other peoples money riding on this pipe dream, and none of you GAW retards seem to have a problem with that.

Lay out your predictions, then. (I would challenge you to bet but I got deleted before for doing that.) Calling people retards is fine when you do it, but when GAW calls people trolls, that's terrible?

I could care less that i get called a troll, and i probably am one considering the 12 plus accounts i've burned over at HT for laughs. The problem with predictions is that Homero changes directions three times a day, its the uncertainty and the fact he is just making things up as he goes along that causes people to dislike and distrust him plus the fucking vests... can't stand the vests. The half truths he spouts as great innovation and pricing floors always end up being the very least of what is promised, he does just enough to not be a flat out liar but is certainly misleading people by not being straight forward.

Wow, you got a lot of time on your hands... I don't know if that's just sad, or.... well, sad.

I do have a lot of time on my hands... i just wish my moms house had a basement...

LOL 12 accounts, kick him out the door and he'll jump in through the window  Grin

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Anonymousg64

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:40:17 PM

https://hashtalk.org/topic/25643/prime-controller-issue

@BeardedCouncil said:

@c2083977 said:

@c2083977 said:

is everyone aware of the powers of prime controllers?

absolute control over what tx exist,
ya it wont be in your mempool, so no way of knowing if censorship is going on unless your a prime controller

control on blockchain forks and codebase,
they determine what the "majority" software wallet is and the "majority" blockchain

so yes we should be questioning the trust/centralization issue
not because we cant trust GAW, but because we cant trust big money and the powers that be
only crypto principles can stop them and GAW is breaking those principles
Edward Snowden revealed the depth at which they are willing to go, no law stands in their way.

@BeardedCouncil said:

Can't be arsed to read 8 pages of argumentative tut, but did anyone point out that the guys math sucks? As the network grows, more Prime Nodes are needed, but the amount to be one goes down. The total allocated to PN is 50%, at 50 PN that is indeed 1% of all XPY each, but at 100PN it becomes 0.5% oh look all his points moving past that are invalid.

OP, I saw you spout some tut about people disregarding "proofs" well there are some logic and facts for you to adjust to.

since there is no code yet for that scaling, i cant argue if that is true or not
im arguing based on current known conditions

there is also no code yet for the bidding process

Pretty sure you're arguing out of deliberate ignorance actually. A quick glance at your post history is enough for me to end the discussion after this post.

Stop making shit up.

PN do not have authority to just wipe out an address or a transaction like you randomly spouted. They help propagate instant tx, so do Orions (when they arrive) and other features but a standard staked block can't just be erased. You have literally made this shit up out of fucking nowhere.

You're full of crap. You've clearly not read the whitepaper. No intention to, no real understanding of any of the concepts at play here. By the book illiterate nonce sense from BCTroll, once again.

You guys are funny. This thread is funny. It will be locked soon and you are on the verge of being banned. My spidey senses say so.

Don't bother replying.

Banned before he said that,
I cant leave it like that, what a douche

im not talking about whipping, im talking about censuring before they enter mempool and thereafter the blockchain

https://c91475e716c8925e05c6-d2659d433205cf4410415f8dd63807af.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/paycoinwhitepaper.pdf
  Performing as the FIRST entry point of a transaction into the network

this guy sounds just like a troll, prima facie, no thought of his own

It is sad that this is his response

GAWCEO

@c2083977 said:

the fact that prime controllers require 1% of the currency in circulation means that it would be almost impossible for any new party to ever get 1%, thereby breaking the prime bidding process, its fixed and flawed to only work for those who already have 1%.

I would not buy in to a coin if you do not trust the makers.  

Oh and btw, I love Mint, ty for your work and its an honor to be in the same forum with you, keep up the great work!

i am not a linux mint developer, my contribution was complaints on cinnamon crashing with AMD triple screen configuration

on a side note, i wouldn't be surprised if GAW hired a few of these BitcoinTalk trolltards to distract and de-legitamise real concern/discussion
this thread aint pretty
jayendo

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:44:22 PM

LOL 12 accounts, kick him out the door and he'll jump in through the window  Grin
its a pain, i think they review all new accounts with a outlook/hotmail email address now, had to change up free mail servers
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:47:19 PM

That's just it, it's just a fcking story. YOUR story. A bunch of strung together anecdotes that's somehow supposed to convince me that my experience with them never happened?  Nope, sorry.

I had zero trouble with them delivering hardware.. The ONLY company I can actually say that about. I bought hashlets soon after they came out, but not on day one. I ROI'd in 2 months. GAW then allowed Zen to mine hash points... And although not worth anything but a promise, I converted to mine them anyways. After all, my original investment was already earned, so I was playing with house money.

I accumulated close to a million hash points, good for 2000+ paycoins. Also, my Zens converted to 6 month hash stakers, a $21 product. So now I am left with a boatload of paycoin, staking, earning me MORE paycoin every day (about 9 XPY per day), plus my original BTC and LTC back (plus more). So now, after being in Crypto mining for 2.5 years abs finally mashing the returns that baby promised, you want me to go bad mouth GAW? WTF? No, sorry.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
doogsan

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:50:49 PM

That's just it, it's just a fcking story. YOUR story. A bunch of strung together anecdotes that's somehow supposed to convince me that my experience with them never happened?  Nope, sorry.

I had zero trouble with them delivering hardware.. The ONLY company I can actually say that about. I bought hashlets soon after they came out, but not on day one. I ROI'd in 2 months. GAW then allowed Zen to mine hash points... And although not worth anything but a promise, I converted to mine them anyways. After all, my original investment was already earned, so I was playing with house money.

I accumulated close to a million hash points, good for 2000+ paycoins. Also, my Zens converted to 6 month hash stakers, a $21 product. So now I am left with a boatload of paycoin, staking, earning me MORE paycoin every day (about 9 XPY per day), plus my original BTC and LTC back (plus more). So now, after being in Crypto mining for 2.5 years abs finally mashing the returns that baby promised, you want me to go bad mouth GAW? WTF? No, sorry.

Paid trolls. This is what GAW has sunk too. GAWsome
T0urist

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:53:18 PM

you win but when it comes crashing down whoever bought it loses. you fail to fathom this still. yes you did well, many others wont. money in=money out. if 30$ goes in from purchases in gaw from 3 people evenly thats $10 each. if you draw 20$ the other 2 will lose $5.

think about the big picture of the scheme not what just you had!
ikeboy

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:57:37 PM

My scripts started getting banned from the IP address by hashtalk, so I'm posting them here. Please run them on any server that you don't need to browse hashtalk on.

>cat archivehashtalk.sh
sed -ne 's/.*\(http[^"]*\).*/\1/p' < archive.json >archive.list
while read in; do archive.sh "$in";done<archive.list

>cat archive.sh
curl --data url=$1 https://archive.today/submit/

>cat run.sh
while true
do
archivehashtalk.sh
done

>cat scrapesite.py
from scrapy.item import Field, Item
from scrapy.contrib.spiders import CrawlSpider, Rule
from scrapy.contrib.linkextractors import LinkExtractor

class SampleItem(Item):
    link = Field()

class SampleSpider(CrawlSpider):
    name = "sample_spider"
    allowed_domains = ["hashtalk.org"]
    start_urls = ["https://hashtalk.org"]

rules = (
        Rule(LinkExtractor(), callback='parse_page', follow=True),
    )

def parse_page(self, response):
        item = SampleItem()
        item['link'] = response.url
        return item

Instructions: install scrapy. Create all these files with the names I have in one directory. Install tmux to run multiple commands at once. Run "scrapy runspider scrapesite.py -t json -o archive.json". Open a new tmux terminal. Run ./run.sh . When you get banned (you'll see 403 errors coming from scrapy), try to switch your public ip address. I'm doing this on ec2 free tier, but maybe people have better lying around.

I know the code is a little hacked up, but it works, and nobody else was doing it. I don't want to provide support for this; there should be enough people seeing this who know what to do, and we only need a few to catch all the pages. If you know code and understand what I'm doing, and think it should be done differently, I'll take advice.
T0urist

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:01:51 PM

@Bitpop
Santa left me a raygun under the xmas tree so he must shop at meganet. now since you got one i was hoping you can help. it says to charge it first but its battery cell is stuck at 277/4096 what do i do? Also where do i insert the paycoin as im assuming its pay to play?
T0urist

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:03:30 PM

My scripts started getting banned from the IP address by hashtalk, so I'm posting them here. Please run them on any server that you don't need to browse hashtalk on.

>cat archivehashtalk.sh

>cat archive.sh

>cat run.sh
while true
do
archivehashtalk.sh
done

>cat scrapesite.py

class SampleItem(Item):
    link = Field()

name = "sample_spider"

rules = (
    )

item = SampleItem()
        return item

Instructions: install scrapy. Create all these files with the names I have in one directory. Install tmux to run multiple commands at once. Run "scrapy runspider scrapesite.py -t json -o archive.json". Open a new tmux terminal. Run ./run.sh . When you get banned (you'll see 403 errors coming from scrapy), try to switch your public ip address. I'm doing this on ec2 free tier, but maybe people have better lying around.

I know the code is a little hacked up, but it works, and nobody else was doing it. I don't want to provide support for this; there should be enough people seeing this who know what to do, and we only need a few to catch all the pages. If you know code and understand what I'm doing, and think it should be done differently, I'll take advice.
is homero trying to ban the archiving of his posts? if so comedy gold
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

That's just it, it's just a fcking story. YOUR story. A bunch of strung together anecdotes that's somehow supposed to convince me that my experience with them never happened?  Nope, sorry.

Logic is completely lost with you isn't it?

Nobody is trying to convince you that your experience didn't happen, but that your rare experience wasn't the only one that happened.

Every bit of profit you made came from the losses of someone who didn't pay GAW's game successfully. You are clearly playing the game correctly by investing in any new scheme without thinking about it. You just better hope that GAW's next scheme doesn't start before your cashtakers expire or you'll be left holding a bag like all the other GAW victims.

Also about GAW delivering hardware with no problems, I take it you're not a vaultbreaker customer?
ikeboy

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:11:13 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 12:44:20 AM by ikeboy

>cat archivehashtalk.sh

>cat archive.sh

>cat run.sh
while true
do
archivehashtalk.sh
done

>cat scrapesite.py

class SampleItem(Item):
    link = Field()

name = "sample_spider"

rules = (
    )

item = SampleItem()
        return item

is homero trying to ban the archiving of his posts? if so comedy gold

That's not really what's happening. My script is scraping the website, sending thousands of requests, so to a website operator it looks like a ddos attack. It may even have been cloudflare blocking the ip automatically. If he was blocking archiving, they would just block incoming requests from archive.today, which probably uses multiple IP addresses.

tl;dr They are blocking my scraping of the site, not the archiving. You can see all archived urls at https://archive.today/https://hashtalk.org/* (notice how many are from the last hour? That's a script for you.)
bitgeek

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:13:31 PM

Paid trolls. This is what GAW has sunk too. GAWsome

You should realy read some of your own posts before calling somebody a troll, troll.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:26:33 PM

That's just it, it's just a fcking story. YOUR story. A bunch of strung together anecdotes that's somehow supposed to convince me that my experience with them never happened?  Nope, sorry.

Logic is completely lost with you isn't it?

Nobody is trying to convince you that your experience didn't happen, but that your rare experience wasn't the only one that happened.

Every bit of profit you made came from the losses of someone who didn't pay GAW's game successfully. You are clearly playing the game correctly by investing in any new scheme without thinking about it. You just better hope that GAW's next scheme doesn't start before your cashtakers expire or you'll be left holding a bag like all the other GAW victims.

Also about GAW delivering hardware with no problems, I take it you're not a vaultbreaker customer?

I had nothing but delays with my hardware orders...5 of them...as long as 10 days each!!!  Amber got me compensation,but it was hard fought for & too late as far as I was concerned.

Then I got my Zenhashlets,about 35mh around Sept 18th.Things looked good for about a month and a half,payouts dropped dramatically,CEO says "Payouts will get better,workin on a deal!!!!".

I waited & payouts came up just a bit & boom,back down a few weeks later...........I mined HP's as soon as I could,they'll be the ONLY thing salvaging my ROI,when Paybase comes online...I hope  Roll Eyes

I since sold all my Zens for $10 each,that lost me $230..........I'm a miner at heart & have been since June 2011,BTC is the ONLY coin I believe in ATM.

My power is .13 per kWH,so at home mining is dead ATM,the new half watt (or less) per GH miners coming next year may work for me,got 1400 watts to play with  Wink

As long as the diff don't rocket to 400PH range & BTC stays around $350 I should make mining work again...for a little while at least.

BTW,Zoomhash was the only company that delivered on time & actually answered their phone & communicated in a decent manner  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: