Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help us design this Tattoo... 1 BTC reward.  (Read 1450 times)
CoinDiver (OP)

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:45:46 PM

My girlfriend is getting a dragonfly tattoo on her foot. We have been looking at designs, and have found one we like. We got to tweaking it the other night, and really liked the modifications.

On the right is the original design. On the left is the partially modified design. The left side of the left dragonfly we like much better than the right side.

Feel free to make any modifications you like... but I hope this gives you an idea of where we are going with it.

1 BTC will be sent to anyone who's design she uses, even if we make some final tweaks.

Thanks!

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinDiver (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:00:05 PM

Let me clarify a little...

We are looking for anyone who want's to take a few minutes to make some modifications to this design. If we like what you did, and it makes it onto her body, you get BTC. If you feel like you can completely redesign it, go for it!

Post your designs here, and we will happily give feedback on what we do or do not like about you mods.

Thanks again!

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:14:11 PM

evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:20:51 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2012, 07:37:51 PM by evolve

Ive been a professional tattoo artist for close to a decade, so I'll give you a piece of advice:

Let your tattoo artist design it, he/she will be able to make any modifications you need for free (and if they cant, go somewhere else because the artist is subpar).

They will also be able to design it so that it fits her foot properly (generally that means drawing directly on the skin or taking a contour tracing directly from the body part) which has to be done in person. Otherwise the tattoo is going to end up looking like a stamp as opposed to flowing properly with the body.

In addition, without seeing the actual size you want the tattoo done (feet vary widely in size), you don't know what details you can get away with...for example, those negative space/skintone dots in the wing are likely too small to hold up any amount of time, and would be better left off...but its hard to tell without knowing the final size of the tattoo. I would change some of the line weights in the tail too depending on final size.

Hope that helps...just bring your drawing to your tattoo shop and save your money for the artists tip.
CoinDiver (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 09:24:28 PM

Thanks for the tip. We'll see how this goes, and take the final design to the artist. If we have one that we bring to the artist, we will consider that person the winner.

I forgot to mention... no color in the designs.

Thanks!

btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 09:42:10 PM

Here's a partially cleaned up sketch:

The wings need internal texture, but I'm not sure how to make it work. Evolve is right; fine lines and negative space are hard to draw on skin. If your tattoo artist is good enough to draw it with a needle, they should be good enough to draw it with a pencil first.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
CoinDiver (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:24:34 PM

Thanks btcAngel. She ended up going with my original alterations. The artist made some minor modifications where the design was technically difficult, but otherwise left it as-is.

Thanks for everyone's help and input!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: