Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SPLIT]Re: Bitcoin press hits, notable sources  (Read 3505 times)
Vladimir (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 07:48:44 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 05:24:52 AM by Vladimir

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:16:20 PM

Bitcoins is surely very dangerous. particularly to all the middlemen and other bankster parasites who need to start to think hard if there is anything they actual can do that adds value. Investing into business which trains former bankers to do something useful like electrician or plumber professions might be a good idea.

Hell no.  Those professions require years of committment to master, and flooding those labor markets are going to crash the skilled labor value.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
no to the gold cult

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:48:17 PM

Bitcoins is surely very dangerous. particularly to all the middlemen and other bankster parasites who need to start to think hard if there is anything they actual can do that adds value. Investing into business which trains former bankers to do something useful like electrician or plumber professions might be a good idea.

Hell no.  Those professions require years of committment to master, and flooding those labor markets are going to crash the skilled labor value.

Vladimir (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:51:34 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 05:25:05 AM by Vladimir

-
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 08:55:18 PM

Come on!. Banksters are people too, once they cannot leach on every freaking single international money transfer, they are more than welcome to earn their living doing something worthwhile.

Only if they can learn to do it the same way that everyone else before them has, without a subsidy.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 09:48:23 PM

I think once all of this is over banksters, politicians and soldiers should be lined up and shot at dawn
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 09:55:04 PM

I think once all of this is over banksters, politicians and soldiers should be lined up and shot at dawn

For practical reasons, it's best to refrain from lumping soldiers in with the others.  After all, odds are high that if there is going to be any shots fired at dawn (or any other time) they are going to be doing the shooting.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:07:10 PM

For practical reasons, it's best to refrain from lumping soldiers in with the others.  After all, odds are high that if there is going to be any shots fired at dawn (or any other time) they are going to be doing the shooting.

There is no reason to shoot perfectly usable human resources. As irresponsible as some of the bankers are, they were exploiting a system that did not align with the collective long term interest of humanity(defined as long lifespan, greater living standard, etc).

mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:22:37 PM

There is every reason to kill them. They are all useless and unnecessarily consuming resources of this planet
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:23:24 PM

There is every reason to kill them. They are all useless and unnecessarily consuming resources of this planet

The planet is fine. It's just that the incentives is wrong.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:23:50 PM

To be fair, their job was useful before bitcoin came out.  What was not acceptable was only the fact that they used government to enforce their monopoly on this economic sector.

eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2011, 11:34:11 PM

And people wonder why readers of this forum often dismiss BitCoin entirely.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:36:33 PM

This is one post out of 120729.

On every forum at some point some people cross lines.

Moreover, you're a moderator.  Feel free to moderate him.

mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:51:20 PM

Do you mean we should torture them first? I agree. My proposal is way too humane
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 03:18:44 AM

Do you mean we should torture them first? I agree. My proposal is way too humane

You want to kill people because they're not economically productive? Let the market take care of that and please refrain from shooting people, for that is indeed a worse behavior than that in which the average "evil banker" engages.
Anonymous

May 17, 2011, 03:30:26 AM

They can still be bankers...just ones that have to do it honestly. I am certain that bitcoin backed banks will exist and they need to be staffed by someone. Are you skilled at doing anything like that ? stfu about calling for violence.This usually means that person is a federal agent of some description - the people throwing rocks at anarchist demonstrations are usually cops so they can have an excuse to fire rubber bullets at non violent protestors.

I dislike banksters as much as the next person and wouldn't invite one to my house as I think they would have no reflection in the mirror.

Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 04:09:29 AM

you want to kill soldiers because... why? :p
human nature dictates strife, as well as forming communities, creating exchanges for what we need to better ourselves, and potently, procreate.
If you try to deny any bit of human nature, you're going to end up failing miserably. The church has tried for two thousand years to change human nature... and all that has done is corrupt the church to the core.

Humans are warlike.. soldiers are just bluecollar workers doing a job for that warlike aspect of our society. I would love to live in a world where a soldier is un-necessary... but we don't.

ZOMG Moo!
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2011, 04:30:56 AM

This is one post out of 120729.

On every forum at some point some people cross lines.
I agree completely on both accounts.  However this particular type of line-crossing is predictably common here, to the point that the brand of BitCoin is highly impacted.

Moreover, you're a moderator.  Feel free to moderate him.
Unless he offers this service for hire, he's not currently breaking the rules of the forum.  Instead I have deliberately exercised my right of free speech in parallel, and would encourage others to do the same.  This discussion is, however, off-topic, so I am splitting the posts which have nothing to do with "press hits and notable sources."

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 04:32:34 AM

I agree completely on both accounts.  However this particular type of line-crossing is predictably common here, to the point that the brand of BitCoin is highly impacted.
Please provide numbers.

eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2011, 05:43:22 AM

Please provide numbers.
To clarify, I mean the expression of extreme sentiments against a wide range of institutions, governments, government-in-general, etc.

With regard to numbers, that's not really practical unless I had been keeping some sort of database or tally.  But a quick search of only the main "Discussion" board reveals some good examples of extreme sentiments which, while individuals are entitled to express them, are sometimes becoming attached to BitCoin-the-protocol in the public's eye:

This post (or rather, the progression it quotes, but the starred comment reflects the larger sentiment I'm expressing)
This post
This post
This post
This post
etc.

These posts are, of course, only personal sentiments and are often made in humour, sarcastically, etc. yet they form a statistically significant pattern.  Imo, that's a nontrivial factor in sentiments like this among the general public.

Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:48:22 AM

Aye, its a very very loud group of people :p but there are a few of us who don't act that way!

I do hope bitcoin can stay impartial and non-political for a while yet. The moment a politician gets their grubby paws on a talking point, it will be a sad day.

ZOMG Moo!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: