[Password Leak] LinkedIn database hacked

<< < (2/18) > >>

nimda:
Goddammit, I can't find a mirror of the leak.
Oh, found it. This is fun.

weex:
CoinDL and ExchB both use salt and multiple rounds of hashing.

realnowhereman:
Quote from: i_rape_bitcoins on June 06, 2012, 07:13:12 PM

If you have a LinkedIn account and use the same password for other services (such as mtgox), please change your password. If you are unsure, visit LeakedIn to check.

Seriously people: don't go to LEAKEDin and type your password.  Whether it's honest or not, you gain nothing from potentially handing your password over to some random site on the Internet.

i_rape_bitcoins:
Quote from: realnowhereman on June 06, 2012, 07:55:28 PM

Quote from: i_rape_bitcoins on June 06, 2012, 07:13:12 PM

If you have a LinkedIn account and use the same password for other services (such as mtgox), please change your password. If you are unsure, visit LeakedIn to check.

Seriously people: don't go to LEAKEDin and type your password.  Whether it's honest or not, you gain nothing from potentially handing your password over to some random site on the Internet.

"Just provide your password (which we hash with JavaScript; view source to verify) or a SHA-1 hash of your password below, and we'll check."

browser hashes password -----sends to server-----> server replies if hash matches.

theymos:
Quote from: TangibleCryptography on June 06, 2012, 07:37:38 PM

Bitcointalk?

SMF uses SHA-1 hashes salted with the username. Not the greatest, though better than LinkedIn. (I'm trying to improve our password security.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page