Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 90 year old man gets arrested for feeding the homeless for the third time  (Read 4197 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:29:24 AM

lol living in U.S. those days must suck

Throughout the whole 1900s, different areas of Europe, Russia, and Southeast Asia were racked with wars that killed millions of people. Something like 200 million people in these areas of land were killed by their own governments, often by government leaders doing ethnic or security-for-government cleansings.

The United States was spared most of that kind of thing. Oh sure, we sent our troops here and there in the world to attempt to help certain nations that we called our allies. And many of our boys died. But we never had any kind of government-kills-its-own-citizens outside of the Civil War of the mid-1800s. Even the "Native American cleansings" were considered to be wars between nations, as Native Americans are still considered to be separate nations from regular U.S. citizens.

The worst "cleansing" done in the USA - even worse than the killing of native Americans - was not done by the U.S. or State governments against their own citizens. Rather, the worst in the USA was done (and is still being done) by average, everyday American people. The casualties in this cleansing range in the area of 55 million to date. And I'm not saying that there aren't other nations that have done and are doing worse. I just don't know. But what I am talking about is the killing of our babies by their parents and grandparents through abortions.

Well, it's coming on us, now. We're getting what we have done back on ourselves, both for doing it, and for condoning it.

Makes me sick just to think of it.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:51:08 AM

Saying that the homeless shouldn't be fed because their food turns into excrement is like saying you don't need water because your body will use it all up anyway

Account recovered 08-12-2019
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 02:09:47 PM

I'm sure you all have heard the story of the Florida man arrested for feeding the homeless (Originally posted by Vod).

Well, here's some more good news for all you statist police sympathizers!

Man Arrested For Feeding Homeless Gets Arrested THIRD TIME This Month - Counter Current News

Damn he should just launch a countersuit against the city
Still I feel bad for the old man who has to get arrested for a dumb law like this one, probably also why the US prison system is over congested
Thinks if it was a rich man with a lot of money doing the same thing he would be commended and given a medal by the same city lol.

such the life.

If he had a license and a permit and did precisely the same thing, there would be no need for a lawsuit.
That the city didn't grandfather his activities from when before these requirements were established is bad lawmaking.
Two wrongs make news.
The city should be more embarrassed than it is already.

Florida law is possibly the weirdest in the US.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:49:23 AM

Saying that the homeless shouldn't be fed because their food turns into excrement is like saying you don't need water because your body will use it all up anyway

Nobody advocated starving the homeless; it's a matter of the appropriate time and place.

Churches, shelters, food banks, and soup kitchens are proper venues as they have the necessary facilities and permits for such activity.

A public park is not the right place.

We can tell your argument sucks because you have to resort to creating an 'OMG Y U WANT TO STARVE THE HOMELESS?' strawman to artificially support it.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:56:41 AM

I'm sure you all have heard the story of the Florida man arrested for feeding the homeless (Originally posted by Vod).

Well, here's some more good news for all you statist police sympathizers!

Man Arrested For Feeding Homeless Gets Arrested THIRD TIME This Month - Counter Current News

Damn he should just launch a countersuit against the city
Still I feel bad for the old man who has to get arrested for a dumb law like this one, probably also why the US prison system is over congested
Thinks if it was a rich man with a lot of money doing the same thing he would be commended and given a medal by the same city lol.

such the life.

If he had a license and a permit and did precisely the same thing, there would be no need for a lawsuit.
That the city didn't grandfather his activities from when before these requirements were established is bad lawmaking.
Two wrongs make news.
The city should be more embarrassed than it is already.

Florida law is possibly the weirdest in the US.

Some acts especially ones that have been around 20 damn years deserve a grandfather clause
It is still one of the weirdest places to set laws though
Strange laws in the USA

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:11:41 AM

Im on the fence with this. I totally support this man, but i think hes going about it the wrong way. Maybe he should find out what  he needs to do to be compliant. get a portapoty, and whatever else, im sure businesses would contribute.. Getting arrested all these times is only going to cost  him time and money, but since hes so old, he probably doesn't care, lol...
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:11:43 AM

I agree. He's doing it wrong. He didn't get his permit

It's a free country as long as you have all the right permits

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 06:31:58 AM

I agree. He's doing it wrong. He didn't get his permit

It's a free country as long as you have all the right permits

Being able to form a community with like-minded individuals is what makes it a free country.

If the Anarchist Police made everyone in all towns follow their anything-goes BS, it would not be.

You are free to get a permit, change the permit process, or move to a locale more in tune with your opinions.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:33:56 PM

This jerk is playing the CCPP game by externalizing the costs of feeding the homeless onto his unwilling neighbors, which is a form of coercion.

Is he going to compensate his neighbors for their decreased property values?  No.

Is he going to clean up the fecal matter which his food will be turned into?  No.

Is he going to provide security for the normal people who want to use that park?  No.

He's exactly like the dumbasses who bring Ebola back with them from their do-gooder missions.  They get to feel good about their altruism, while forcing other to pay for the negative consequences.

He's also exactly like the dumbasses who move into neighborhoods with homeowner associations, then refuse to abide by their rules.  Sorry, but if like-minded people want to set up voluntary associations with restrictions to provide for greater security and prosperity, you don't have the right to force your altruism on them.

This jerk should invite the homeless into his own house to feed them, not use a park that he didn't pay to build or maintain.

Don't be so ignorant.  There are enough houses for every homeless person to have their own shelter.  And what homeless people shit all over cities?  I'm homeless and I know how to walk into a store and use a toilet.

People caring more about property values and greed is exactly what makes people homeless.  Some homeless people are the most real people you meet.  At least they're not destroying huge amounts of nature like most people in western society.

Sorry to burst your ego but you are no more significant than a homeless person nor a housefly.  We are all equal.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:39:43 PM

Sorry to burst your ego but you are no more significant than a homeless person nor a housefly.  We are all equal.

Excellently put. All of it.

I'm just waiting for some idiot to come in and ask you how you have an internet connection while you're homeless, despite it being well established that nearly everyone today has access to a phone with a data plan

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

Don't be so ignorant.  There are enough houses for every homeless person to have their own shelter.  And what homeless people shit all over cities?  I'm homeless and I know how to walk into a store and use a toilet.

People caring more about property values and greed is exactly what makes people homeless.  Some homeless people are the most real people you meet.  At least they're not destroying huge amounts of nature like most people in western society.

I'm being realistic, not "ignorant."  In the real world homeless people shit all over the cities all the time.  And most stores can't let randoms use their restrooms, because of the potential mess and liability.

We are only "all equal" in the eyes of the law.  Otherwise, not so much.  Isaac Newton equal to Beyonce?  Einstein equal to Kim Kardashian?  That's the kind of nonsense that makes people laugh at egalitarian half-wits like yourself.  Sorry you can't cope with actual diversity and must retreat into a childish a priori belief in homogeneity which is not supported by the facts at hand.

As for who is destroying nature, while many in "western society" are wasteful, it was in the west that we first created a middle class with excess income sufficient to afford the luxury of the environmentalism and activism.  And it isn't the west that is vacuuming the worlds forest clean of wildlife, like the poor pangolins, rhinos, and bears.  So fuck right off with such weak, hypocritical cultural critiques.

Your self-loathing is not anyone's problem but your own.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 01:57:05 AM

Excellently put. All of it.

I'm just waiting for some idiot to come in and ask you how you have an internet connection while you're homeless, despite it being well established that nearly everyone today has access to a phone with a data plan

In 1994 it was 50% of the world had access to a telephone.
In 2014 it is 75% (but a smaller percentage if we limit it to those with data plans).

We aren't yet at "nearly everyone", but we are at "most people".

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:17:53 AM

It's not right to hate the poor. Try to remember what it is you are angry about. It is poverty itself. The poor are victems...yes, victems. Victems of maybe thier own bad decisions sometimes, but not exclusively.

I recently heard, at a support group for families of persons suffering head injuries (my brother in law got hit by a car and is now fucked) that 90% of the homeless are living with organic brain damage. That really opened my eyes, because I can tell you, my brother-in-law used to be a bright responsable intelligent guy and a good father/husband and an excellent provider. He isnt anymore BUT he still thinks he is...he just cant see what he's like and thinks everything is fine, so everyone has to run around playing clean-up around him, making sure he doesnt get in the car and start driving (he thinks hes the best driver...went a block before driving through the front of some poor guy's house last time he found the keys...he smokes anywhere he pleases, which as a smoker I find a little amusing, but honestly, he lit up in church at his daughter's wedding. My point is, the guy is incapable of taking care of himself or doing the correct thing. He is fortunate he has a support group around him to watch over and help, but not everyone is so lucky.

I have the same feelings when I see homeless camps in the city, buggering up nice family parks and shitting in the bushes, but being compassionate is never easy. It means remembering kindness even when your gut tells you to rage.

I dunno though. Its hard. I dont think its going to get any better anytime soon either. I live near Vancouver BC Canada and often walk right through thier "world famous skid row" which is essentially a open drug market run by gangs. Its depressing, and making life comfortable for the junkies is maybe not the most important thing to do there. They need 1) an exit strategy and 2) for the police to actually crack down on the dealers. somehow all the resources go to keeping all the streeters at basic maintenance, "harm reduction" and plenty college educated lefties bashing anyone who actually has any personal worth and would like to see the problem dealt with effectively, NOT just allowed to carry on at a dull roar.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:16:36 AM

It's not right to hate the poor. Try to remember what it is you are angry about. It is poverty itself. The poor are victems...yes, victems. Victems of maybe thier own bad decisions sometimes, but not exclusively.

Expecting the poor to be fed at proper venues (churches, food banks, soup kitchens, shelters) is not an expression of "hate."

We know you have a weak argument in favor of feeding them without a permit in a local park, so you must resort to the dishonest tactic of stealing the moral high ground.

Let's turn it around...

YOU must hate the poor because you want them to be fed potentially dangerous food in random locations which lack appropriate plumbing, counseling, and rehabilitation services.

See how easy that was?  See how stupid that was?   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:56:11 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 04:11:17 AM by gogxmagog

Expecting the poor to be fed at proper venues (churches, food banks, soup kitchens, shelters) is not an expression of "hate."

We know you have a weak argument in favor of feeding them without a permit in a local park, so you must resort to the dishonest tactic of stealing the moral high ground.

Let's turn it around...

YOU must hate the poor because you want them to be fed potentially dangerous food in random locations which lack appropriate plumbing, counseling, and rehabilitation services.

See how easy that was?  See how stupid that was?   Wink

yeah man, but I dont see how getting all angry over the issue helps. I stated quite clearly the whole mess makes me angry. I make an effort to keep myself in check, AND argue with those who would take a harder stance, but I'm not saying you're a big meanie and a hater, Im saying I feel ya dawg, I just dont entirely agree.

Proper venue and safe food yaddayaddayadda, I'm assuming hes reaching out to the homeless who are alienated from these services, and hes coming from a good place. there no simple solution, short of genocide...or is it class-ocide? Kill the poor! they smell bad anyway. That is my initial gut reaction, but I am morally obliged to see that I have a huge advantage over these wrecked humans and I am better than them, if you will. Therefore I should show some compassion, I still dont like them freeloading all over nice communities, I agree it is criminally disrespectful. It just aint as simple as telling them all to go somewhere else. they will just go to the next community.

TL;DR this entire issue is a lot bigger than a little old man feeding a few wasted losers.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:49:25 AM

yeah man, but I dont see how getting all angry over the issue helps. I stated quite clearly the whole mess makes me angry. I make an effort to keep myself in check, AND argue with those who would take a harder stance, but I'm not saying you're a big meanie and a hater, Im saying I feel ya dawg, I just dont entirely agree.

Proper venue and safe food yaddayaddayadda, I'm assuming hes reaching out to the homeless who are alienated from these services, and hes coming from a good place. there no simple solution, short of genocide...or is it class-ocide? Kill the poor! they smell bad anyway. That is my initial gut reaction, but I am morally obliged to see that I have a huge advantage over these wrecked humans and I am better than them, if you will. Therefore I should show some compassion, I still dont like them freeloading all over nice communities, I agree it is criminally disrespectful. It just aint as simple as telling them all to go somewhere else. they will just go to the next community.

TL;DR this entire issue is a lot bigger than a little old man feeding a few wasted losers.

I admire the moxy of that old guy, even while I disagree with his actions.

I'm angry about the shameless degree of dishonesty displayed by those who equate local cops enforcing health/safety codes with war criminals and violate Godwin's Law, those who equate freedom with one set of rules which must be obeyed by all communities, and those who equate seeking to protect health/safety/property with "hate" of the homeless.

The Free Shit Army always steals the moral high ground and pathologizes/psychologizes disagreement, unless rational people speak out.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:26:32 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 11:58:48 PM by gogxmagog

I agree. Like I said earlier, there's a huge skid row area near me, and homeless cAmps, tent cities, a "open air market" which is basically a bunch of junkies selling stolen goods. I know people who go "shopping" there after they get robbed ffs. The city sanctions it! They built them awnings so they don't get wet in the rain.
Making things easier for bad actors is all that happens.

There's so many poverty advocates (privileged do-gooders looking to attack anyone who resembles mom and dad, that the real issues get lost in the arguments and mudslinging.

My approach would be to go after the dealers. There would still be troubles, but man o man, come to Vancouver canada and check out skid row. It's like that part of the wire where they make a drug area where everybody can just go wild... It's worse

On another note; there is a park near me, surrounded by private homes. Homeless set up camp there. Cops do nothing. Homeowners all put sprinklers, on thier own property, pointing at derelicts. Voilà no more homeless camp
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:35:06 AM

Ah Amurikah, where you can have a permit to be free

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:11:38 AM

I'm being realistic, not "ignorant."  In the real world homeless people shit all over the cities all the time.  And most stores can't let randoms use their restrooms, because of the potential mess and liability.

We are only "all equal" in the eyes of the law.  Otherwise, not so much.  Isaac Newton equal to Beyonce?  Einstein equal to Kim Kardashian?  That's the kind of nonsense that makes people laugh at egalitarian half-wits like yourself.  Sorry you can't cope with actual diversity and must retreat into a childish a priori belief in homogeneity which is not supported by the facts at hand.

As for who is destroying nature, while many in "western society" are wasteful, it was in the west that we first created a middle class with excess income sufficient to afford the luxury of the environmentalism and activism.  And it isn't the west that is vacuuming the worlds forest clean of wildlife, like the poor pangolins, rhinos, and bears.  So fuck right off with such weak, hypocritical cultural critiques.

Your self-loathing is not anyone's problem but your own.   Wink

Yes, we are all equal.  Meat vehicle + consciousness is all we are, no matter how you try to judge them.

It isn't the west vacuuming forests of the world?  No, it's the people in other countries that we buy off in order to attain cheap materials to fulfill the western world's consumptuous addiction.

The western world (aka greed based society) is the exact reason copious amounts of wildlife are killed.  To fill the wallets of those that are forced into a western monetary system and to fill the living rooms of the westerners that would pay thousands of dollars for an elephant's ivory.

If you can't see that you're just a particle amongst a sea of infinite particles, there's not much of a point in discussing.  Your ego won't allow you to perceive any information that deflates it's delusion.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:38:50 AM

Let's turn it around...

See how easy that was?  See how stupid that was?   Wink

The solution would be to give the homeless/poor to improve their situations and to create an economic environment where people can support themselves if they want to instead of allowing them to use charity as a crutch to provide their essential needs
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: