Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:20:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TheButterZone Removed From Default Trust  (Read 6824 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 10:30:27 PM

This thread is a PERFECT example of why theymos needs to seriously look into the DT list and start removing some users.

... who violate auction terms.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:42:18 PM

This thread is a PERFECT example of why theymos needs to seriously look into the DT list and start removing some users.

My Quote was not a Jab at you TBZ.  I'm just pointing out the fact of numerous DT users disagreeing with whats right and wrong.....Seems alot of confusion that needs sorting out and the only person to that is theymos.

It's been years in the making this mess.  It's a good system but definitely needs fine tuning and  Precise clarification from theymos on what is to be expected from this day on.

DT users who stray from his directions on the matter should be removed from the DT and perhaps even more.
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:58:03 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 02:16:06 AM by Maum

Excerpt from auction guidelines:
".....Buyer Tips

Ask the seller any questions you have about the items being auctioned. If you are not sure about the item's condition or if you want more information, you can post your question in the auction thread......"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287020.0

One of your trust feedback 12/29/2017
"Violated auction term:
If you reply to this auction topic with something along the lines of "use an exchange" (in other words, "commit economic suicide"), you agree to receive & NOT complain about my negative trust rating of 21 million BTC (the amount to eventually be lost to economic suicides?) with this topic as reference URL showing you agreed to this. My rating will not be removed until you pay me the exact amount I lost when I did use an exchange - BTC1.84915808 - the only non-trivial loss of BTC I've ever suffered.

by saying:
"why don't you just sell it in a trading platform"

... which is along the lines of "use an exchange"."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=60600
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So if a question was worth red trust of a DT-Member, based on your "auction terms", then your "auction terms" seem to stand in contradiction to the auction guidelines.
Maybe it is also helpful to read Marketplace trust guidelines.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.msg2221664#msg2221664
Also threats of negative DT-trust on certain questions/statements and demanding money to take back the negative feedback does not seem to me to be the proper way to deal with the heavyweight trust as DT-member.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 02:32:02 AM

Excerpt from auction guidelines:

Terms are binding. Guidelines are non-binding. Binding supersedes non-binding.

The proper way to deal with a DT member is the same as every member; don't violate their binding terms & hope the mob will get you out of the terms you agreed to in advance.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:26:50 PM

This psycho gave me a negative rating for making a starting bid on his auction. (ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2664660-

His auction was 50.000 XRP with a starting bid of 165.000$, while today's market value is around 50k$.

I only made a fair opening bid to have the auction going, this narcistic psycho immediatly gave me a negative trust rating, saying on plain sight on his topic he asks 1.8BTC to remove it.

Someone, if not all, should take action against this guy acting like he is God and we should all abide by his rules.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:16:12 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 04:47:20 PM by Quickseller

This psycho gave me a negative rating for making a starting bid on his auction. (ref: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2664660-

His auction was 50.000 XRP with a starting bid of 165.000$, while today's market value is around 50k$.

I only made a fair opening bid to have the auction going, this narcistic psycho immediatly gave me a negative trust rating, saying on plain sight on his topic he asks 1.8BTC to remove it.

Someone, if not all, should take action against this guy acting like he is God and we should all abide by his rules.
It is very scammy when someone makes a post warning about a significantly above market price being asked of something, and receives negative trust as a result.

Nonwithstanding any posted rules, it is always acceptable to warn others about price discrepancies and shady behavior.  
tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:12:47 PM

It is very scammy when someone makes a post warning about a significantly above market price being asked of something, and receives negative trust as a result.

Nonwithstanding any posted rules, it is always acceptable to warn others about price discrepancies and shady behavior.  

My goal wasn't to warn others, but just to make a fair opening offer. I noticed not a single reply on his auction and wanted to participate.
Why this shady member is abusing his granted DT powers to leave big, bold, red negative trust - and asking 1.8BTC to remove it - is something i can't really grasp.

@ all bitcointalk founders/moderators, is this really how you want that people with such high granted powers behave?

It's basically extortion. Without warning, reply, message, a big, bold, red negative trust rating and asking money to remove it.
Everyone should leave at least a neutral feedback pointing to this topic. Such insane persons should not be allowed near any power of any weight !!!

I personally demand this trust rating being removed, since this has nothing to do with trust, but with ignorance, and thinking he's God because he is on the DT list.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:30:13 PM

Unfortunately the forum administration has adopted a 100% hands off policy on the trust system. This has made the trust system become a complete joke. You can contact the person who put TBZ on his trust list, however I would not hold by breath this would result in any action -- SaltySpitton recently disavowed lauda's actions while simultaneously adding lauda to his trust list under the guise of following the 'will of the community' which was quickly debunked.   
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:57:49 PM

As I PMed you, after you first made that clearly false claim of a term applying to you that doesn't:

What's your issue with feigning illiteracy/dyslexia, thinking you can get away with violating my auction terms, and libeling me in retaliation for not letting you get away with it?

And this removal term clearly doesn't apply to you:

If you reply to this auction topic with something along the lines of "use an exchange" (in other words, "commit economic suicide"), you agree to receive & NOT complain about my negative trust rating of 21 million BTC (the amount to eventually be lost to economic suicides?) with this topic as reference URL showing you agreed to this. My rating will not be removed until you pay me the exact amount I lost when I did use an exchange - BTC1.84915808 - the only non-trivial loss of BTC I've ever suffered.

Kindly cease your repeated libel, revisionist history & flame baiting, tarmi. And to all members of the lynch mob, read my sig.

tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:50:54 PM

As I PMed you, after you first made that clearly false claim of a term applying to you that doesn't:

What's your issue with feigning illiteracy/dyslexia, thinking you can get away with violating my auction terms, and libeling me in retaliation for not letting you get away with it?

Kindly cease your repeated libel, revisionist history & flame baiting, tarmi. And to all members of the lynch mob, read my sig.

So you give me feedback stating that i commit 'economical suicide' on your post by placing an opening bid, next you tell me the term you put regarding economical suicide doens't apply to me?
I could be wrong, but you saying you will leave neg trust rating, asking 1.8 to remove it, and effectively doing this is all in the same red line on your own topic.

And if it does no apply to me, then this entire rule should not apply to me and you should not be leaving negative trust without any reason.

Heck, you look the kind of guy that get's a thrill from punishing his kids. You are without any doubt a narcistic person.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:23:31 PM
Merited by Ggddtt (5), dillpicklechips (1)

Negative trust means:
"You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer."
It doesn't mean "The user violated auction terms".

Maybe leaving neutral trust would be acceptable on those cases, but negative trust is absolutely out of place.

I've left some positive trust to counter the undeserved negative left by TheButterZone. I've also PM'd philipma1957.
I will remove this positive trust if the original negative is removed or if TheButterZone stops being DT.

tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:07:22 PM

Negative trust means:
"You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer."
It doesn't mean "The user violated auction terms".

Maybe leaving neutral trust would be acceptable on those cases, but negative trust is absolutely out of place.

I've left some positive trust to counter the undeserved negative left by TheButterZone. I've also PM'd philipma1957.
I will remove this positive trust if the original negative is removed or if TheButterZone stops being DT.

Couldn't agree with you more.
My trust is still red of course, because of the weight his trust rating has.
He knows it well enough to exploit it by abusing and extorting users if they do not abide by his narcistic behaviour.

And it's a true shame that the moderators give such a person a DT ranking.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:44:20 PM

You'll need to PM Blazed also, as he has him added as well.

Maybe he did at some point but not right now.
I've just re-checked. philipma1957 is the only DT1 member who has TheButterZone in his trust list. He told me he will check it later today.

My trust is still red of course, because of the weight his trust rating has
Not really because of the weight his trust rating has (his and my trust rating have the same "weight" at the moment), but because of how the overall rating is calculated (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.0)

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:45:22 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 08:58:04 PM by TheButterZone

So you give me feedback stating that i commit 'economical suicide' on your post by placing an opening bid, next you tell me the term you put regarding economical suicide doens't apply to me?
I could be wrong, but you saying you will leave neg trust rating, asking 1.8 to remove it, and effectively doing this is all in the same red line on your own topic.

And if it does no apply to me, then this entire rule should not apply to me and you should not be leaving negative trust without any reason.

Heck, you look the kind of guy that get's a thrill from punishing his kids. You are without any doubt a narcistic person.

It's interesting that you libelously accused me (despite being able to ask me & my earliest counterparties details of our trades in a version of The Newlywed Game) of that which you are self-admittedly guilty.

You're continuing to revise history to stir up a lynch mob against the victim of your sabotage (auction posts can only be moderated by forum staff/mods) & libel of my auction & me, respectively. Quoting what I put in your rating & quoted in the last post of my topic, this is your actual violation:

Starting bid 168,500 USD.
Current market value: 56999 USD @ coingecko prices.

That won't work. I can make a starting bid of 40k to get this started if you accept it.

Term violated:

Auction Terms (should go without saying, but: if violated, negative feedback with risked BTC will be left)
  • No terms or conditions (including by any other name) may be proposed or demanded (including by any other name) by any bidder.
    Reply with bid numbers and a $ only, no text.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:27:08 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 10:39:45 PM by EcuaMobi

TheButterZone was removed from DT. Thanks philipma1957

As a result I've removed the counter feedback I left as it's no longer required.

tarmi
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:02:10 AM

As a result I've removed the counter feedback I left as it's no longer required.

Thanks for supporting this everyone. Such mindsets do not belong on the DT list in my opinion.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:15:11 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:29:20 AM by TheButterZone

Thanks for supporting this everyone. Such mindsets do not belong on the DT list in my opinion.

Agree. Nobody with a legal mindset should have to opt-out of the DT list when they never opted-in to all its adverse liability.

The trust system is more of a liability or neutrality than an asset to me.

Liabilities:
Takes up too much of my time dealing with complaints about my level, contracts enforcement
Place for people to libel me in retaliation for citing their own words
People "buying ratings" and wanting me to give them a positive rather than a neutral, based on them having no others or what seem to be weighty negatives (and people wanting my positives to be removed based on subsequent allegations)

Neutrality:
Those who act like they want to trade significant amounts P2P/OTC ignore my ratings and/or won't cryptographically verify it's actually me who earned them

Asset:
?

Also in my opinion: any person who buys an account & libels others about their doing the same, does not belong on Bitcointalk, but I'm not the forum's majority stakeholder, so, meh.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059051.0

If you hadn't have brought it up, I wouldn't have known to look you up, baka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c

<disabled notifications for this topic>

Deathspell-Omega

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:44:21 AM

Agree. Nobody with a legal mindset should have to opt-out of the DT list when they never opted-in to all its adverse liability.

The trust system is more of a liability or neutrality than an asset to me.

Liabilities:
Takes up too much of my time dealing with complaints about my level, contracts enforcement
Place for people to libel me in retaliation for citing their own words
People "buying ratings" and wanting me to give them a positive rather than a neutral, based on them having no others or what seem to be weighty negatives (and people wanting my positives to be removed based on subsequent allegations)

Neutrality:
Those who act like they want to trade significant amounts P2P/OTC ignore my ratings and/or won't cryptographically verify it's actually me who earned them

Asset:
?

Also in my opinion: any person who buys an account & libels others about their doing the same, does not belong on Bitcointalk, but I'm not the forum's majority stakeholder, so, meh.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059051.0

If you hadn't have brought it up, I wouldn't have known to look you up, baka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c

<disabled notifications for this topic>

Shut up you looney. You definatly belong in the looney bin! I am going to leave you negative trust for being a total Retard!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: