Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donating in Bitcoin to "Jenny LeClue - A Handmade Adventure Game"?  (Read 1352 times)
tjohej (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:05:09 PM

Has anybody donated/pre-purchased this game that's being displayed on kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mografi/jenny-leclue-a-handmade-adventure-game ?
There are 7 days left.

I'm considering trying to donate an amount of at least 2$ worth of Bitcoins by using changetip on their twitter account at https://twitter.com/JennyLeClue
That is a highly experimental test to see if this particular project(Jenny LeClue) is Bitcoin friendly, in which case I suppose they would let me have the game Smiley
Otherwise the Bitcoins will be there for their taking once they understand how great a thing Bitcoin is. Smiley

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:49:58 PM

Right. That was something new I tried(I'm not a person who donates much to projects). I don't know if I now threw $10 in the void, but it looks like they'll discover if they can use these Bitcoins. For anybody curious what the project replied you can see it here ... https://twitter.com/PKBitcoin/status/500034663277006849

They replied something in the style of "Thanks! Confusing but cool!". I used https://www.changetip.com to make this payment. I still haven't researched if they can only receive the money in Bitcoin by changetip or if they can get it in another way, who knows Cheesy

If kickstarter accepted Bitcoin of course I would have given there, but since they don't I gave this money now in this way. Don't know if I will get anything back, so you can relax back and watch how this unfolds for me... if I get something back or maybe more thanks, again who knows Smiley

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:55:49 AM

Who knew that Jenny Leclue is actually not a she, but actually Joe Ross and Arthur J. Finkelstein? Sometimes things can be confusing.

This looks like an indie game so if the project Jenny LeClue - A Handmade Adventure Game will not accept my Bitcoin directly I will buy this game at Humble Bundle inc. instead.

Indie + Bitcoin is a good combination  Cool (not to forget Linux support of course)

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:11:02 PM

Jenny LeClue is an upcoming game being featured on kickstarter.com. The game developer is called Joe Ross who works at Mografi. Arthur J. Finkelstein is the fictional narrator Grin of the game.

By the way, the Jenny LeClue project on twitter favorited one of my tweets where I offer my BTC for the game if Joe is willing to spend some time getting them from @ChangeTip: https://twitter.com/PKBitcoin/status/502076987973066752
In this tweet I make it clear that I don't demand the project to take my Bitcoin. This is just a symbolic way to show that I'm willing to show my support for the game.

Of the $65,000 goal, they now got it surpassed by $89,413. My idea was to add a little Bitcoin to all this Cheesy since this Bitcoiner(me) would like kickstarter to accept Bitcoin but since Kickstarter doesn't yet accept it I wanted to engage with Jenny LeClue directly cause I like it and I think it is something worth doing.

28 hours to go for the project to end on kickstarter.com.

tjohej (OP)

Magic Staff

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:43:40 PM

Joe Russ didn't want the Bitcoin. The project is long over. I will probably get the finished product on Humble Bundle with my Bitcoin anyway so... Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: