Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The world's first handheld Bitcoin device, the Ellet!  (Read 45618 times)
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 04:29:40 PM

Stop wiping your nose... euuuuwwwww

Anyways..

Is it next week yet.. I wanna see this thing...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 05:22:50 PM

Anyways..

Well he himself has "leaked" this link http://postimage.org/image/xhd9oc62p/full/

So apparently their photoshop department needs more than one week to fake an actual picture of this.
Either that or they are still waiting for Kodak to process their negatives and then UPS shipping it to the internet, because technology like digital cameras to take an actual image of the damn thing will not be invented for the next 20 year (to paraphrase mnw himself)....
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 05:23:51 PM

lol.. this thread is a fucking tragedy.

teflone

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:05:05 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2012, 06:25:28 PM by teflone

uh ohhhhh...

That watch looks like an Ipod nano, the ones they have wristbands for..

Thats fugly, just like the ipod nano watches no one wants.....  I pray that isnt it..   Undecided

Im really really disappointed if this is it..

I really hate to be negative on this, I had high hopes, but this is ugly as hell..  

If it isnt a high tech usb stick, or a creditcard design, I cant see everyone flocking to a watch, I dont wear watches, as many others dont.
Specially when my cell phone IS my watch..

I dont wanna be a fashionable bitcoiner, I want to be a functional bitcoiner..

Watches are for fashion.. plain and simple..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:25:47 PM

It's probably not an ipod unless Matthew also got an exclusive Bitcoin deal with Apple on his birthday too.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:59:37 PM

Anyways..

Well he himself has "leaked" this link http://postimage.org/image/xhd9oc62p/full/

So apparently their photoshop department needs more than one week to fake an actual picture of this.
Either that or they are still waiting for Kodak to process their negatives and then UPS shipping it to the internet, because technology like digital cameras to take an actual image of the damn thing will not be invented for the next 20 year (to paraphrase mnw himself)....

That link isnt showing anything for me. can someone re upload it please?

hi
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 07:09:12 PM

OK, this ad claims to take MintChip for payment. Really?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 07:12:24 PM

OK, this ad claims to take MintChip for payment. Really?

Vaporware that can make payments in vaporcurrency lol
ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 07:21:10 PM

I want one!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:05:24 PM

What is it?

The Ellet (as an Electronic Wallet) is a way to send money from the palm of your hand. This device has been secretly developed as the BitDex for over the past 9 months. It comes in at a similar weight and height as the iPod nano 3rd generation and lets you send Bitcoin, Namecoin, Litecoin, Paypal, Dwolla, and almost anything else you can imagine, all instantly from the palm of your hand!

Why is it important?

The Ellet solves several issues that payment processors have, but most speci--

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:33:19 PM

What is it?

The Ellet (as an Electronic Wallet) is a way to send money from the palm of your hand. This device has been secretly developed as the BitDex for over the past 9 months. It comes in at a similar weight and height as the iPod nano 3rd generation and lets you send Bitcoin, Namecoin, Litecoin, Paypal, Dwolla, and almost anything else you can imagine, all instantly from the palm of your hand!

Why is it important?

The Ellet solves several issues that payment processors have, but most speci--

So Fry wants two ellets? Tongue
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 11:42:55 PM

I won't be interested until it's part of my Google Glasses.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 07:58:14 AM

Is the third generation Ellet going to incorporate ReRAM?

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:14:05 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2012, 10:08:13 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Is the third generation Ellet going to incorporate ReRAM?

Could be. That's a manufacturing issue that I'd leave to our manufacturers.

UPDATE: I have a video now, but it's not to my liking. I'm going to have the engineer take another. (Basically the video doesn't work hard enough to prove that the device is sending/receiving bitcoins) I'd rather be trolled for being a bit late (I'm used to that with so many projects running simultaneously) than more idiots spreading FUD about it being fake. Updated title to reflect the late status.

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 06:00:09 PM

uh ohhhhh...

Thats fugly, just like the ipod nano watches no one wants.....  I pray that isnt it..   Undecided

I really hate to be negative on this, I had high hopes, but this is ugly as hell..  

If it isnt a high tech usb stick, or a creditcard design, I cant see everyone flocking to a watch, I dont wear watches, as many others dont.

You think watches are only for fashion?  I believe these 10 million dollars disagree with you...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

I for one will likely still prefer blockchain.info's app running on my phone.  The ellet still sounds interesting though.  Especially if it comes out anything like the pebble.

teflone

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 06:34:25 PM

uh ohhhhh...

You think watches are only for fashion?  I believe these 10 million dollars disagree with you...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android

I for one will likely still prefer blockchain.info's app running on my phone.  The ellet still sounds interesting though.  Especially if it comes out anything like the pebble.

Besides the fact that you perfectly proved my point...

Do you think its because these people need the time ? or its a FASHION statement, and e-ink is the fashion statement in this case..

Please think before you post..

I do understand there is a lot of watch wearer's..

But think of all the failures in watches..

For example.. the dick tracy, walkie talkie watch... The calculator watch..   and so on...

The problem is, they are too small or too large to remain functional yet not obnoxious..

Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 06:46:39 PM

uh ohhhhh...

Besides the fact that you perfectly proved my point...

Do you think its because these people need the time ? or its a FASHION statement, and e-ink is the fashion statement in this case..

Please think before you post..

I do understand there is a lot of watch wearer's..

But think of all the failures in watches..

For example.. the dick tracy, walkie talkie watch... The calculator watch..   and so on...

The problem is, they are too small or too large to remain functional yet not obnoxious..

I don't wear a watch, but I did buy a Pebble. Not for the fashion because they're not all that eye catching. I bought it because I'm a complete nerd.

As for Bitcoins, I don't think I want them in a watch. That's just my opinion, though.
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 07:34:39 PM

I hate these reddit page links. I dont even know what to click on. If someone didn't repost the link to the borders bitcoin magazine article I would of never found it. I only thing I saw some who posted its not leaked if you(MNW) released it. I agree.
I need someone to teach me how to click on Reddit links... Roll Eyes
Bounty 0.01 BTC

Another bounty if someone can notify me when the Ellet, Bitcoincard, and Raspberry Pi are available for shipping...
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 07:44:32 PM

I hate these reddit page links. I dont even know what to click on. If someone didn't repost the link to the borders bitcoin magazine article I would of never found it. I only thing I saw some who posted its not leaked if you(MNW) released it. I agree.
Bounty 0.01 BTC

Another bounty if someone can notify me when the Ellet, Bitcoincard, and Raspberry Pi are available for shipping...

The Raspberry Pi has been shipping for a while now. I got mine about a month ago...
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 09:19:20 PM

Bounty 0.01 BTC

The Raspberry Pi has been shipping for a while now. I got mine about a month ago...
Yeah, but it's like BFL Singles - there's a backlog of .25 million orders and if I ordered one now, I'd get it in a year
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: