Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy bitcoins  (Read 1384 times)
Affar (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:14:52 PM

Hi all,

Ok I am little bit naive when it comes to bitcoins. I tried to look for reliable places that sells bit coin and either they ask me for ridicules steps for verifications, I don't live in the US, or services asking for large fees while restricting the spending amounts.

My question is this, if I were to buy bitcoins from someone directly how can I avoid scams?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:52:33 PM

Hi all,

Ok I am little bit naive when it comes to bitcoins. I tried to look for reliable places that sells bit coin and either they ask me for ridicules steps for verifications, I don't live in the US, or services asking for large fees while restricting the spending amounts.

My question is this, if I were to buy bitcoins from someone directly how can I avoid scams?

Thanks.

Did you try sites like Circle.com or Localbitcoin? They offer safe trade.

KIRAZ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

Use localbitcoin.com it's safe and fast. You can also do cash deals in person just check it out you will get it.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:06:26 PM

Find someone and sit down together preferably in somewhere secure like a bank/Starbucks etc, and do a cash transaction. As KIRAZ said above, localbitcoin,com is great.
shipitbuddy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:22:30 PM

Hi all,

Thanks.

Beware of buying bitcoins from people who contact you witouth any kind of reputation, there's a link * trust * , were you can see the correct reputation of the user, also the forum offers escrow services reputables, John K is one on the list i guess.

247exchange

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Exchange on 247exchange!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:11:38 AM

You can try our service www.247exchange.com/buy
We're fixed-rate and easy-to-use international exchanger with financial license. We offer different payment methods and now we're also adding support of credit and debit cards - this option will be available later this week.

Bitcoin Magnet

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

Hi all,

Thanks.

Do you have a UK bank account? If so, you can use our site and have BTC in about 10 minutes from initiating a bank transfer. No ridiculous steps for verification - we just need your email address. Can't get much easier than that  Smiley

Bitcoin Magnet - Buy & sell bitcoin automatically using your UK bank account!
IceTurk

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:54:50 PM

Hi all,

Thanks.

Do you have a UK bank account? If so, you can use our site and have BTC in about 10 minutes from initiating a bank transfer. No ridiculous steps for verification - we just need your email address. Can't get much easier than that  Smiley

Why wouldnt you get verification for a bank transfer? You will regret it when people start sending with stolen bank info.
corado

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:36:45 AM

Hello Friend

you can see my thread now I can sell you 2 BTC or 1 BTC with current bitstamp price

any wu fees paid by sender

I most welcome use escrow localbitcoins or danny or tomage

so you ready send wu right now?

my wu receiver located in asain country which for wu fees low for send up to 1k amount

waiting for you

thanks
Bitcoin Magnet

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 07:39:24 AM

Hi all,

Thanks.

Why wouldnt you get verification for a bank transfer? You will regret it when people start sending with stolen bank info.
Verification is not required if within current limits (£100 max). If we decide to increase the limits then we will of course introduce verification for larger orders.

Bitcoin Magnet - Buy & sell bitcoin automatically using your UK bank account!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: