Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 07:23:49 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you use Bitcoins?  (Read 3522 times)
s_asahara

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 09:46:37 PM

I'm particularly interested in the alternative value structure of the bitcoin universe.  Though I'm fully aware that the USD or other internationally used (and state supported) currency took its initial value as being inherently related to some non-material value of gold, it seems that the precious metals model still exists in the layman thinking of where the value on money comes from.  Bitcoin presents what appears to be an entirely different value source, from computer labor, which allows for an interesting competitive twist, especially as the capital costs to gain entry to the "mine" are relatively low.

Aside from the theoretical interest, a non-authoritative and seemingly fraud proof currency that has the potential for near total anonymity could facilitate larger world processes than just circulation of a new currency is something that I'm not just going to brush aside without a first-hand look at the inside.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.