Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform  (Read 114179 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:14:07 PM

Augur will launch on Gatehub in 2 days. This is last chance to buy cheap.
im confused why you sale if think what price go up in few days?

Here the full article :

- http://blog.gatehub.net/post/143954922602/gatehub-fifth-bringing-rep-trading-to-ripple
order book empty(

Escrow offers no benefit here since holding a Ripple gateway’s IOUs within the Ripple network already requires the holder to trust the gateway.

Anyway, it will be great to trade the IOUs there without escrow. I am sure you can achieve a better price as selling a whole account.

Can someone explain me, in listing the steps to do to offer my account with the gatehub on eth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:31:09 PM

'Augur has quickly become one of the most anticipated projects in the blockchain space this year, but the man who created the theoretical basis for the decentralized prediction market thinks the platform will eventually crash and burn. Paul Sztorc, a researcher at Yale’s Department of Economics, is the author of the Truthcoin whitepaper, which originally outlined how a blockchain-powered prediction market could work. He has advised the Augur developers in the past, but he believes a willingness to drift away from the original Truthcoin vision will be the project’s downfall.'

https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/augur-conceptual-godfather-thinks-project-will-fail
mazi

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:58:59 PM

Anyway, it will be great to trade the IOUs there without escrow. I am sure you can achieve a better price as selling a whole account.

Can someone explain me, in listing the steps to do to offer my account with the gatehub on eth

Hi, GateHub Fifth here. The orderbook is filling up slowly and first trades are starting to happen:

https://www.ripplecharts.com/#/markets/REP:rckzVpTnKpP4TJ1puQe827bV3X4oYtdTP/BTC:rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B?interval=30m&range=3d&type=candlestick

To sell your account on GateHub:

• Create an account at http://wallet.gatehub.net/ and log in
  • Connect the GateHub Fifth REP gateway (you'll see large buttons to do this)
  • Request a REP account deposit - see below
  • Create a Ripple Wallet on GateHub (if you don't have one already)
  • Add trust for GateHub Fifth's REP (again a large visible button)
  • When your REP is credited to your wallet, transfer it to the Ripple Wallet
  • Click Trade and place sell orders. I suggest selling against Bitstamp's BTC for now.

This is from the About GateHub Fifth Help page:

How do I deposit REP that I want to sell?

All deposits involve manual handling and take up to 24 hours. Some deposits, especially Ethereum buy-in account deposits, may be processed faster (within one hour).

The deposit process differs depending on whether your account was a Bitcoin buy-in or Ether buy-in.

Depositing a Bitcoin buy-in REP account

To transfer your Bitcoin buy-in Augur REP sale account to GateHub, you will be guided to send an e-mail to the Augur team, requesting to transfer the REP account to GateHub Fifth. When the Augur team has transferred the ownershipa and GateHub Fifth has successfully claimed the account, you will be credited REP IOUs on the Ripple network.

Depositing an Ether buy-in REP account

To transfer your Ethereum buy-in account to GateHub, you’ll need to confirm the transfer of the account by sending an Ethereum transaction (with a minuscule amount of ETH) from the Ethereum address that you used to buy REP in the presale. This transaction constitues your signed request to the Augur team to transfer the REP to GateHub Fifth instead of to you when Augur launches.

-----

Sorry if this seems a bit complicated, but the GateHub team is working on making the process simpler. If there are further questions (I expect some especially if you're not familiar with Ripple) -- I'll answer them here, or you can contact us at fifth@gatehub.net. Thanks!
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:28:38 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2016, 03:50:45 PM by LitcoinCollector

The saga continues

Look at the 'improved' landingpage...
It looks like a free Wordpress template...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4iaxy8/front_page_layout/

People saying it looks great WFT  Shocked !!!
It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. Huh

Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.

Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.

Remember Bittrex, first you went straight to the exchange, now they applied this weird ass landingpage were you can't even find the actual exchange...

Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!
Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

Augur

Wordpress
razdva

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:18:53 PM

i feel soon we will see new, beautiful and fast UI)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:16:29 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 08:47:32 AM by superresistant

Look at the 'improved' landingpage... It looks like a free Wordpress template...

I don't think so and if it does, why would it be necessarily a bad point ?

It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. ???Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

How is your opinion on the layout relevant ?
If you work in webdesign/UI you must know that your opinion is irrelevant as long as people/client like it ...and it seems that people like it.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:08:44 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 09:45:19 PM by LitcoinCollector

Look at the 'improved' landingpage... It looks like a free Wordpress template...

I don't think so and if it does, why would it be necessarily a bad point ?

It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. ???Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

How is your opinion on the layout relevant ?
If you work in webdesign/UI you must know that your opinion is irrelevant as long as people/client like it ...and it seems that people like it.

All opinions are relevant, even yours. You may not agree with it but that's something different. You should explain why you like it and think it is great. This way we can have a dialog. But it is clear to me that you know nothing about design.

If you would have taken the time to read the thread you will see there are in fact a lot of people that agree with me, even Joey Krug on Reddit.

And even IF everybody thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread, if I disagree, and have valid, factual arguments, I am going to ventilate this opinion since I am an investor and want to see this project to succeed.

twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:26:44 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 06:17:18 PM by twostepsally

The biggest pia to get on. Your name, then your address, then your picture , then a photo of your dl or passport, then a copy of your tax return and the final step is that you need to send ripple to your wallet on dathub just to look around. Big pia. Change it ripple!
They only want 50 ripple which is cheap but I dont have time to go home, hit up my exchange, buy 50 ripple(dont even know if i can buy that small amount) then send it to my "new" ripple wallet.
If ripple would like to gain a customer base, i suggest getting a marketing professional to do your marketing...not a coder/dev.
Kc
Here is the address they gave me to send the 50 ripple to
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 03:54:02 PM

Have you tried opening Augur on an Ipad? Try it...  Cry
twostepsally

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 04:11:49 PM

Have you tried opening Augur on an Ipad? Try it...  Cry

It was gatehub Ive been trying to get into. Now that I finally am in, ot is not user friendly. Who uses gatehub?
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 07:10:59 PM

Have you tried opening Augur on an Ipad? Try it...  Cry

It was gatehub Ive been trying to get into. Now that I finally am in, ot is not user friendly. Who uses gatehub?

Try to load on ipad.

https://app.augur.net/markets

It don't load ...

5 Million dollars and it don't load on a ipad  Cry
m3110w

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:14:40 AM

Hi All,

I think I messed the memo: On May 24 REP dropped to near zero value on the bravenewcoin.com exchange. What happened? I searched but didn't find an explanation.

I tried to find other exchanges trading REP but no luck. Any details on the apparent price collapse would be appreciated. Thanks,
josegines

Activity: 813
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:29:10 PM

Hi All,

I think I messed the memo: On May 24 REP dropped to near zero value on the bravenewcoin.com exchange. What happened? I searched but didn't find an explanation.

I tried to find other exchanges trading REP but no luck. Any details on the apparent price collapse would be appreciated. Thanks,

Low liquidity, but IOU, not real REP.

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
twostepsally

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:20:40 PM

Hi All,

Bravenewcoin does not have rep/augur or you can say they dont have the IOU's of augur.

Where are people buying the ious? Gatehub is a joke and the process through joey krug is a not what I mean. Any exchanges?
m3110w

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:45:15 AM

Hi All,

Could you explain what "Low liquidity, but IOU, not real REP" means? The REP I purchased at the Augur crowdsale is just an IOU? When will "real" REP become available? Do I need to take action to trade my "IOU REP" for "real REP"? Thanks,
razdva

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:32:15 PM

Hi All,

there trade not augur rep, just same name. bravenewcoin.com have wrong info. Only gatecoin traded IOU augur
twostepsally

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:43:23 PM

Hi All,

Could you explain what "Low liquidity, but IOU, not real REP" means? The REP I purchased at the Augur crowdsale is just an IOU? When will "real" REP become available? Do I need to take action to trade my "IOU REP" for "real REP"? Thanks,

Augur has not released the tokens yet. So nobody has them. They do have an account that is attached to the amount of augur/rep  they have. This account can be sold so when augur releases the reps, you will get them.

Gatecoin was selling augur/rep based off a couple peoples accounts that sold to gatecoin. Gatecoin then issued a proxy token for reps based off the total supply of these purchased accounts and started trading on their exchange.

You could buy and sell but could not remove the proxy tokens from your gatecoin account until augur releases the reps.
Then gatecoin was hacked.

Liquidity is simply the amount of available "cash out" there is.
A token/coin can have a value of $10 but if there are only $100 traded daily, the liquidity is low/ non existence.

Be careful when looking at the value of any cryoto. Look at the volume/liquidity.  Doesn't do you any good having a coin worth $100 if nobody is selling.

Hope this helps.
bitba.org

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:07:38 PM

When augur begin trading ?
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:05:12 PM

They are targeting for later this year, but no firm date as of yet. You can monitor progress on reddit/augur.
twostepsally

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 12:44:50 AM

They are targeting for later this year, but no firm date as of yet. You can monitor progress on reddit/augur.

They are having a lot of issues w Augur. The core team is not even w them.
Watch for something better very soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: