Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform  (Read 114178 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:29:10 AM

Just a headsup/fair warning.

Yo-bit just recently introduced 'REP' on their market.  It isn't rep, it isn't IOU, it is republiccoin. 

Just so you don't confuse it with being Augur Rep and think you're getting a massive deal.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:05:09 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 03:37:54 AM by twostepsally

The saga continues

Look at the 'improved' landingpage...
It looks like a free Wordpress template...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4iaxy8/front_page_layout/

People saying it looks great WFT  Shocked !!!
It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. Huh

Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.

Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.

Remember Bittrex, first you went straight to the exchange, now they applied this weird ass landingpage were you can't even find the actual exchange...

Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!
Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

Augur

Wordpress

Augur is a big flop. They cant even get it working. There are 2 other predictions markets opening soon that have real developers that left the dying augur.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:21:29 AM

[Updated 3/26/2016] We're proud to announce that Augur has officially entered beta testing! The beta test is open to everyone, and nothing is more valuable to us at this point than blunt, detailed user feedback, so please check it out at https://augur.net.

Augur is a decentralized prediction market platform built on Ethereum.  Please visit http://www.augur.org to learn more!

Im a newbie at ethereum and I will try to join your site. Hope this will help me earn more. Thnks for sharing this opportunity by the way.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:01:36 PM

Join us and special guests Joey Krug and Tony Sakich from the Augur team to discuss decentralized prediction markets on Ethereum.

Additionally, former InTrade founder Ron Bernstein, will talk on the past, present and future of prediction markets.

Ron Bernstein is best known as the Founder & CEO of InTrade.com, widely regarded as one of the most commercially successful prediction markets in history. His most recent role was as the CEO of Tradesports, a fantasy sports prediction market platform. Ron’s guidance and advice has been invaluable to the Augur team as there isn’t anyone who has been as successful as he has in building a prediction market platform.

Click on the image.
razdva

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:47:45 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 07:04:16 PM by razdva

The saga continues

Look at the 'improved' landingpage...
It looks like a free Wordpress template...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4iaxy8/front_page_layout/

People saying it looks great WFT  Shocked !!!
It looks horrible and has no connection at all to next pages. Huh

Not even talking about the problems I addressed before: Color, saturation, typography, man where to stop it's a mess.

Joey, I think you are the only one with the ability to handle critique, the rest of the augur team is just so far from reality. Making up excuses for a lagging site, UI design from the '90's, "upgraded" to a Wordpress template, It is just mindblowing how much ignorence is in the team.

Remember Bittrex, first you went straight to the exchange, now they applied this weird ass landingpage were you can't even find the actual exchange...

Why can't you guys create a slick, crisp, trustworthy looking website, you got millions of dollars from the Ico!
Very, very, very, very, very  disappointing...

Augur is a big flop. They cant even get it working. There are 2 other predictions markets opening soon that have real developers that left the dying augur.

sad if it is true, but for the moment it is true. Most of all I wonder what they demonstrate at trade shows Huh  The lines of code and idea?
imo the biggest mistake is to hedge coins. Because if btc and eth expects to dump, who will play on augur? If cryptocurrency crashed - dollars not saved this project anyway
but I still hope to see a qualitative project, or as a last resort just pump)
Porsche911

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:32:59 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2016, 04:45:27 PM by Porsche911

Today a new concept started on Invesd " Vote your favourite"

Check out and vote for your favourite! VOTE ONLY OPEN FOR 2 DAYS!!
- LISK
- ETHEREUM
- DAO
- AUGUR

https://twitter.com/ProjectInvesd/status/741643010690154496
https://invesd.org/new-concept-starts-vote-your-favourite/

boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:47:02 PM

Yea but where is Waves ?

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:21:47 AM

- LISK
- ETHEREUM
- DAO
- AUGUR

Add Wings.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
twostepsally

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 07:32:03 AM

- LISK
- ETHEREUM
- DAO
- AUGUR

Augur? Are you insane?? It's not even a pubic hair yet?...
bitba.org

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:55:10 PM

what happened to augur  Huh
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 01:58:07 AM

It is still in development. Nothing has happened ... that is largely the problem to-date, lol.
twostepsally

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:59:59 AM

Augur is f'ed up. A bunch of clowns. Move over Augur, you only received your credibility by attaching to eth. Thats all gone. Your project is childish. A 5th grade experiment.

The real predictions market is around the corner.
razdva

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:57:08 PM

in july maybe some news about launch
josegines

Activity: 813
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:17:08 PM

july o november?

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
razdva

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 09:21:15 PM

what happened to augur  Huh
july o november?
some news after code audit in july
do you like UI in this video?  3.29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlpZ7ibq4-U
razdva

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 09:27:14 PM

Augur's Joey Krug Named 2016 Thiel Fellow! https://news.bitcoin.com/augur-core-developer-thiel-fellow/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare
cucbKu_naMeLbl

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:11:50 AM

cool project, will be a rocket when go in polo
M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:15:18 AM

This project should take the Ethereum's flag since DAO was a failure, Augur has everything, good but not excessive funding, very long time of development and a good idea that is needed in the world.

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 04:53:15 AM

This project should take the Ethereum's flag since DAO was a failure, Augur has everything, good but not excessive funding, very long time of development and a good idea that is needed in the world.

I don't know...I don't think they're really working on the project anymore.  The last thing I heard was that the guy who created the truthcoin concept that Augur is based upon quit being an adviser and declared the project a failure.  It's almost been a year and they've had 5 million dollars to work with....I'm pretty sure this project was just over marketed....I don't think they can build the platform they claimed they could build....not even with 5 million dollars.
twostepsally

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:07:04 PM

I don't know...I don't think they're really working on the project anymore.  The last thing I heard was that the guy who created the truthcoin concept that Augur is based upon quit being an adviser and declared the project a failure.  It's almost been a year and they've had 5 million dollars to work with....I'm pretty sure this project was just over marketed....I don't think they can build the platform they claimed they could build....not even with 5 million dollars.

I agree. This project was over hyped and the core developers left.  A The actual idea is not Augurs. They just caught the momentum with eth. A lot of people are selling their augur holdings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: