Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The illustrated newbie guide on how to get free bitcoins every hour of every day  (Read 1379 times)
tosku (OP)

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:10:30 PM

Before you can use this guide, you need a bitcoin wallet, and a bitcoin address. If you don't yet have a bitcoin address, you can still test out the functionality of my service by using the donation address located on the bottom of the site.

There are several sites that will give out small amounts of BTC every day, or even every hour. I've created a service that makes it easier to keep track of all these sites. I think the service I've made is very self-explaining, but I have come to realize that it might not be very easy to use for new bitcoin users. Therefore, I have also created this illustrated guide.

The service which I have created is also a website. The address is Skude.se/BTC. It looks like this:

The first thing you want to do when you visit my service for the first time, is to save a bitcoin address. You only need to do this once, and it saves you a lot of work later on.

Enter a bitcoin address in the empty field in the top left corner, and click "Save". When you do this, the address will be saved as a cookie in your browser. You can also notice that a text appears under the address, "Address info". More on that later.

Now, it's time to collect your first free bitcoins. My service works with six different daily, bi-daily or hourly free bitcoin sites. They are listed to the right of the address field, along the top of the page. Click on one of them. In this example, I have clicked on CoinAd.

When you click on a link, that site will open in a frame. CoinAd has an 8 second waiting period before you can request your free coins. Just wait it out. When the 8 seconds have passed, a new text will appear: "Click here to get free Bitcoins". It's a link. Click on it.

You can now request your free coins. CoinAd will ask you for your address, but since you have saved that address earlier, it will be entered for you. There is also a captcha that you have to solve in order to prove that you are a real human being and not a bitcoin-collecting computer program. Solve the captcha and click on the Send button. If all goes well, you will get a confirmation message from CoinAd. This is how pretty much all the daily free bitcoin sites work.

Go on to the next site by clicking on another one of the green bubbles along the top of the page. The sites are all pretty much alike, but they have some small differences. Please note that automatic address entry is not yet working with mycryptcoin and coinslot. You will have to manually copy the address from the address field and paste it into the corresponding field on these sites. The "Copy" button is very useful for this. Please also note that Coinslot will give away free bitcoins only to the first 100 visitors every day.

If you want to go back to the first page, you can click on "HOME" in the top right corner. After you have visited a few sites, the page might look like this:

Note that the sites you have visited has turned red or yellow and is moved to the far right. This is an indicator that you cannot yet go back to these sites. All of the listed sites has a time limit on how often you can request free bitcoins. The text below the link will tell you how long time you will have to wait before you can go back to each site. CoinAd's limit is 24 hours. The text below the link will start out showing 24 hours, but it will decrease as time passes. When there is only one hour left, the color will change to yellow, and the remaining time will be displayed in minutes instead of hours. When there is no time left, the color will change to green.

If you still have any green links, you can visit them now. When you are done, the page might look like this:

If you have no more sites to visit, you can close the page. As long as you don't delete your cookies, your address will still be saved for you when you return, and the site will remember which sites you have visited and when.

There are some additional features of my service, but this is it for the newbie guide. If you have any suggestions for the guide, please post them below. If you want to discuss the service in itself, please do so in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82450.0

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:10:54 PM

reserved space

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:13:17 PM

Or instead of having a website making ads BTC off of you with a closed sourced site, which you can't see what information is being taken from your browser. Use a chrome extension that keeps all the information on your local storage system. It is completely open sourced, so you can see exactly what magic makes these notifications possible. No ads, you set it up once and it just lets you go, no checking a site, let the extension tell you when exactly to visit the faucets and have your information automatically entered all you have to do is type and captcha and hit submit that is it, let the extension do the hard work for you...

The source code: https://github.com/italiano40/Bitcoin-Faucets-Helper-Extension-

Download: https://github.com/downloads/italiano40/Bitcoin-Faucets-Helper-Extension-/bitcoin%20faucets%20chrome%20extension.crx

Use this, guys.
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 05:35:21 PM

Or instead of having a website making ads BTC off of you with a closed sourced site, which you can't see what information is being taken from your browser. Use a chrome extension that keeps all the information on your local storage system.

"making ads BTC off of you" What does that mean?

Closed source? The only code you can't see on my page is the flash file used for the 1-click-copy button.

As for "a chrome extension that keeps all the information on your local storage system", you don't know how cookies work, do you?

tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 12:43:15 PM

With the exchange rate reaching new heights, and a lot of new people pouring in to the community, I think this guide is still relevant.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: