Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:57:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good non-VPS web host?  (Read 1015 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:31:52 PM

One of the forums I run is hosted at bluehost.com, and experiencing significant slowdowns...  They said they noticed high CPU usage, but couldn't really provide me a solution.  Basically, I am maxing out their offerings.

So, I would like to look at moving hosts, and wanted some recommendations.  I don't much like the idea of manually managing things at the VPS-level, I'd rather just have a nice cpanel ready to go when I sign up.  But, it needs to have more oomph than what bluehost provides.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:44:20 PM

One of the forums I run is hosted at bluehost.com, and experiencing significant slowdowns...  They said they noticed high CPU usage, but couldn't really provide me a solution.  Basically, I am maxing out their offerings.

So, I would like to look at moving hosts, and wanted some recommendations.  I don't much like the idea of manually managing things at the VPS-level, I'd rather just have a nice cpanel ready to go when I sign up.  But, it needs to have more oomph than what bluehost provides.

How about suggesting your budget, BTC or USD, and someone would be better informed about what you can afford.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:02:19 PM

How about suggesting your budget, BTC or USD, and someone would be better informed about what you can afford.
Hah, good point!

I'd like to stay under $10/month, willing to go up to $15/month max.  Willing to use BTC or USD, but I haven't been very impressed with the small-scale BTC operations around.
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 08:29:59 PM

I run an active forum with lithiumhosting.com and I receive no complaints from support. They reply to tickets usually in less then 30 minutes, I've been using them as my host for almost a year now.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 09:12:43 PM

I run an active forum with lithiumhosting.com and I receive no complaints from support. They reply to tickets usually in less then 30 minutes, I've been using them as my host for almost a year now.
What forum software are you using, and how many posts do you have on it?
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 01:18:26 AM

MyBB

~2000 Posts
~275 Threads
Using the $1/Month Service

Might not be as big as your forum, but you get the point.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 05:00:04 AM

MyBB

~2000 Posts
~275 Threads
Using the $1/Month Service

Might not be as big as your forum, but you get the point.
Ok, thanks for the suggestion!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: