Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:52:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] South Park Magic the Gathering Episode (is this a poke at Bitcoin?)  (Read 5751 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:41:41 PM

http://community.ew.com/2014/11/20/south-park-boys-geek-out/

The Rundown:
The boys geek out: “Does an overseer have trample?” —Stan

“Kenny cast Glacial Crasher.” —Cartman

Stan gets mean: “Dude, girls’ volleyball isn’t a joke. Jokes are hard and require skill.”

Butters is so undeniably cute: “Dang it, I wish I knew people.”

How do we know if Kenny smiled? Cartman asks Kenny to smile and says he thinks Kenny did, but how can we be so sure? A question that has plagued us all 18 seasons!

Besides all the odd jargon, this episode was surprisingly … normal. There was no connection to previous episodes or live action. What gives, Matt and Trey?

Jokes are hard, akin to building ASIC-based miners is hard. ~Josh Zerlan of BFL

Watch the full episode here, then discuss: http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s18e08-cock-magic
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:45:23 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with bitcoin.

Stan's dad Cock Magic is quite impressive. Cheesy

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:47:05 PM

Go Cows! as in Josh Zerlan's CowMail, seen here while the boys are introduced to Cock Magic, cock as in Jody Drake's chickens.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:00:27 PM

For those still in doubt, Math is Universal.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:02:48 PM

i think people are reading too much into it.

for instance i can see the picture which gleb just posted and see a water dispenser with a + on it. and the poster of "go cows". and using these two things to talk about the red cross charity with its water and farming projects.

i could also go into how the star and cross are religious symbols and make a talk about some religious link that a magical gathering is about religious miracles.

in short if you replaced magic gathering with world of warcraft, the plot wont break apart.. because... its nothing to do with bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

If a "fat" man is shown controlling a large website and then at the end loses several hundred million dollars, then you know it's about bitcoin!
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:20:31 PM

i think people are reading too much into it.

for instance i can see the picture which gleb just posted and see a water dispenser with a + on it. and the poster of "go cows". and using these two things to talk about the red cross charity with its water and farming projects.

i could also go into how the star and cross are religious symbols and make a talk about some religious link that a magical gathering is about religious miracles.

in short if you replaced magic gathering with world of warcraft, the plot wont break apart.. because... its nothing to do with bitcoin

Or, Go Cows = GoCoins, and that Cavity where that + water dispenser is could easily hold 3 such devices as in C+++.

Also, note that all the Cock Magic events were held secretly.

The girls volleyball match was just a red herring... Or was it?

And, let's not forget...

crypt0xx

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:03:24 AM

Looks like a promo thread for south park magic the gathering
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:53:24 AM

MtG has been around longer than South Park and they are only just getting to it? They should do a South Park about South Park.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:25:06 AM

For those still in doubt, Math is Universal.
I'm guessing this thread is a joke. If it's not, this must be the only south park episode you have ever seen? The "Math is Universal" poster has been featured in MANY other episodes, as well as the "Go Cows!" poster, as that is the mascot of South Park Elementary.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: