Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do bitcoin gambling sites need gambling licenses?  (Read 13436 times)
Crypt0m0ney

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:49:03 PM

If you want to open a gambling site, you must have a license and pay taxes to the local authorities,otherwise you may be arrested
Could you explain in witch country is bitcoin / altcoin license required for run gambling website?

are you sure that an altcoin gambling website need license?

how to i pay tax, in altcoin?

if plaing is anonymous how do governament knows where coming from the players?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ok-aurus

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:58:17 PM

If you want to open a gambling site, you must have a license and pay taxes to the local authorities,otherwise you may be arrested
Could you explain in witch country is bitcoin / altcoin license required for run gambling website?

In all countries of the world where gambling is legal , this activity is regulated by authorities to avoid money laundering...
Crypt0m0ney

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:25:07 AM

I don't need a gambling bitcoin/altcoin website for that,
I could do simply moving bitcoing around.... faster, and safty...

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:57:14 PM

In all countries of the world where gambling is legal , this activity is regulated by authorities to avoid money laundering...

yes. at the least, you would be subject to the regulations of the land regarding gambling, which vary but pretty much all require some basic form of aml/kyc. at the most, you would be subject to the individual countries' laws governing the citizens that you serve (as we saw recently with us participation in icos). its too easy to spoof your location online; it would be more prudent to ascribe to the laws were the company is incorporated, or at least where the main office/physical plant resides.
DanetonBit

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:08:27 PM

I was thinking that this might become a necessity in the future...license is important
Crypt0m0ney

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:34:39 PM

Actually most of faucet websites, include dice game....

dice game  in bitcoin..... it's considered a gambling, no license, avaible everywere

Concept of legal and license is different

could be neede the license/ legalize the position in case the website accept curriencies (at moment only FIAT), Bitcoin is not considered currency.

At moment any gambling website that's running with bitcoin, doge ecc.... is considered as normal game website

In future probably Bitcoin will be considered currency and then if the game website run in bitcoin, has to legalize the position...

Hopefully there will be license and control from authority,

will be first one to buy that
JaysonCastro

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:52:35 PM

am new to forum, I currently use mainstream sites like betfair but as looking to gamble my bitcoins but wondered if dice sites etc need a licensee, and should I steer clear of ones that don't?
Do Bitcoin Gambling Sites need Gambling Licenses? Of course it is needed to have license the gambling sites of Bitcoin for the reason that it will not consider as illegal practice  or act of others that will face certain punishment by the law. Legal gambling sites of Bitcoin will not offended the law and will not face some punishment. Therefore, it is needed to have a license for gambling sites of Bitcoin for the reason that it will not consider as illegal act.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:55:21 PM

What kind of license can be to the game site with bitcoin? For this you need to accept the bitcoin currency. From the point of view of the law is winning bitcoin is now equal to win points. Countries that prohibit the use of bitcoins can close the access to your website its citizens and all.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:11:10 AM

am new to forum, I currently use mainstream sites like betfair but as looking to gamble my bitcoins but wondered if dice sites etc need a licensee, and should I steer clear of ones that don't?

Here in our country all on line gambling sites needs to be register in the government whether local currency betting or foreign currency betting like dollars or maybe bitcoins as long it was a gambling nature operation it need to acquire license to our games and amusement board (GAB) of the Philippines. Without license the gambling sites is at risk to be raid and seize.
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:38:32 AM

Every business need license to operate because they need to contribute tax from what they earn to the government. Every government has it's own cybercrime division so you can't hide it even if you want to.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:31:34 PM

I think the requirement on gambling licenses will depend on the site you are in. You cannot impose on someone to have a license when it is not required of them. This subject is highly discretionary on the part of the website owners. Nonetheless, if you think you are mandated by laws or the gambling sites to furnish a gambling license, you must do so to operate regularly or legally.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:35:21 PM

Everything depends from laws about gambling in a concrete country, which are not the same in everywhere.
In my country all gambling spots and sites have to pay the licence if they want to have any activity, in other case they will just get banned or simply closed.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:50:48 PM

Gamble is totally banned in our country. But none of the bitcoin(or altcoin) gambling websites are banned. It is also tough for a gov to prevent and track peoples joining crypto gambling, but players have to turned it into flat to use it (and pay tax on exchange) and gov can track them then.

keung0109

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:37:52 AM

If you're into esports, Unikrn is doing big things. Their ICO unikoingold has already raised well over $35million and recently got their malta license meaning there's fiat wagering in 80% of europe. Definitely something to get into.

https://www.coindesk.com/regulated-cryptocurrency-betting-just-got-big-boost-europe/
darylalban

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:24:53 PM

It depends what you're trying to do. If you're gambling with crypto, not so much, but even then in most countries it can be illegal.

A good example of the possibilities of acquiring a license would be Unikrn. They recently got their Malta license making fiat betting legal in 80% of europe. You can read more about it here: https://www.coindesk.com/regulated-cryptocurrency-betting-just-got-big-boost-europe/

I think any company doing gambling should go by the books imo.
cardinalVC

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:10:09 PM

That all depends on the country in which it is registered in.
lydmilka61

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:33:45 AM

Thankfully, this thread answered my questions.
cvan

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:31:15 PM

Depends on the country. If you've seen on the news, Unikrn, with their ongoing ico UnikoinGold, recently got their malta license.
I think this is important for credibility. Too many scam sites out there stealing money from innocent people.

Looks like unikoingold will be disrupting the esports realm with their betting platform. http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/10/22/mark-cuban-ashton-kutcher-unikrn-ico/
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:53:11 AM

Yes they do for some countries. Gambling seems to be a touchy subject for people.

Go with ico's that have the licenses because that means they had to abide to some form of standards. UnikoinGold is my choice thus far for esports gambling. I see big things ahead for them.
Emmami@758

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:07:23 AM

no it is not correct to giving license for gambling sites. because then all the people try to do gambling. gambling is not easy issue it is risky process. who want to become rich in easy way and they had no ethical values for doing like that business. so like that people interested to gambling. any government not encourage like this activities it is harmful to society so no one can give licenses for this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: