Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Verification is a wannabe scammer.  (Read 2145 times)
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:11:26 AM

Please what should i do now ?

s/lawyer/grow/ up

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Verification

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:13:34 AM

Please some serious response .. I lost all my money on hes hand ? so i'm the one who is scammed here ? its all alright but im not liyng and i got the complete conversation.
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:15:18 AM

Niann damaged his own account by lending it out for money. You can't blame anyone else for it.

he made it only public because he wanted to make others aware of a scammer...
thats nice of him. nobody (except maybe mods) knows how many people he contacted and asked for a loan

Regardless, lending out your account is bad for trust. Saying that the damage is done only when someone else published that is silly.

Of course, Niann was placed between a rock and hard place because someone else used their account in a way they didn't approve of... After that their choice was to either make it known that they rent out their account or risk being linked to some $9000 dollar loans.
Verification

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:20:26 AM

ok looks like i lose my money. enjoy the money Niann hope it helps you to buy something that will take you out of the hell when u die. see you
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 05:21:44 AM

Niann damaged his own account by lending it out for money. You can't blame anyone else for it.

thats nice of him. nobody (except maybe mods) knows how many people he contacted and asked for a loan

Regardless, lending out your account is bad for trust. Saying that the damage is done only when someone else published that is silly.

Of course, Niann was placed between a rock and hard place because someone else used their account in a way they didn't approve of... After that their choice was to either make it known that they rent out their account or risk being linked to some $9000 dollar loans.
This whole line of reasoning is irrelevant. These two made an agreement. Verification violated it. Therefore he has no more rights under that agreement correct?
onemorebtc

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:24:53 AM

This whole line of reasoning is irrelevant. These two made an agreement. Verification violated it. Therefore he has no more rights under that agreement correct?

no, because if the agreement is void the payment has to be given back.

its the same with returning a good you dont like back to store and requesting back your money (at least this works where i live... dont know about other countries)

the only way for the "store" to not repay is if the good is damaged.

ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:30:12 AM

I didn't make any statement about the actual deal. I just responded to the claim that Verification damaged the trust of the account. My view on it is that Niann damaged their trust themselves.

I don't really feel like making a statement on the actual agreement or whether it was violated by any party simply because I don't know the details. Also I feel it is unlikely that Verification and Niann will find a compromise that will settle this issue no matter how "lawyering" anyone does.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 05:35:55 AM

its the same with returning a good you dont like back to store and requesting back your money (at least this works where i live... dont know about other countries)

No. the agreement was not resolved mutually. Verification VIOLATED the agreement (ie broke the contract) meaning it is void, and he has no protections under it.

"Any kind of contract may be considered broken ("breached") once one party unconditionally refuses to perform under the contract as promised, regardless of when performance is supposed to take place. This unconditional refusal is known as a "repudiation" of a contract.

Once one party to a contract indicates--either through words or actions--that it's not going to perform its contract obligations, the other party can immediately claim a breach of contract (failure to perform under the contract) and seek remedies such as payment. This is sometimes called an anticipatory breach of contract. Read on to learn more about the concepts of repudiation and anticipatory breach of contract. (For more information on disputes involving breach of contract, see Nolo's article Breach of Contract: Material Breach.)"

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/breach-of-contract-anticipatory-breach-32653.html
onemorebtc

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:53:42 AM

No. the agreement was not resolved mutually. Verification VIOLATED the agreement (ie broke the contract) meaning it is void, and he has no protections under it.

"Any kind of contract may be considered broken ("breached") once one party unconditionally refuses to perform under the contract as promised, regardless of when performance is supposed to take place. This unconditional refusal is known as a "repudiation" of a contract.

Once one party to a contract indicates--either through words or actions--that it's not going to perform its contract obligations, the other party can immediately claim a breach of contract (failure to perform under the contract) and seek remedies such as payment. This is sometimes called an anticipatory breach of contract. Read on to learn more about the concepts of repudiation and anticipatory breach of contract. (For more information on disputes involving breach of contract, see Nolo's article Breach of Contract: Material Breach.)"

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/breach-of-contract-anticipatory-breach-32653.html

i must admit as english is not my native english i dont fully understand your link; but i tried.

AFAIK we agree that Niann does not have to pay back beacuse of the "damaged" user-account (btw who wrote the first neg-trust? Niann or Verification)?
imho it doesnt matter who made it public, because the scam action by verification in itself is the damage.

for our other discussion:i can only say as far as german law goes, there a two possibilites:

- contract-law (B2B only): you have to explicit write down what happens if one party breaches the contract. otherwise the contract is just void and stopped in its current state (means: if the payment is already made he can keep it, if not he wont get it).

- customer buying something in an online store from a company:
the company has to give back the money if the customer comes back before two weeks. the only reason why the company can refuse to pay back is if the good is damaged

i dont know what happens in a customer2customer trade or if there are differences. in many cases german courts said that any ebay-seller is a shop (even if he just sells one item) - so i guess(!) we could say Niann acted as a company or store in this case.

btw the same is different for lending: in this case Niann could go after user verification to get what its account is worth (i've sold a hero account for about 1BTC so maybe he has even a claim for more)

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 06:01:01 AM

i must admit as english is not my native english i dont fully understand your link; but i tried.

AFAIK we agree that Niann does not have to pay back beacuse of the "damaged" user-account (btw who wrote the first neg-trust? Niann or Verification)?
imho it doesnt matter who made it public, because the scam action by verification in itself is the damage.

for our other discussion:i can only say as far as german law goes, there a two possibilites:

- contract-law (B2B only): you have to explicit write down what happens if one party breaches the contract. otherwise the contract is just void and stopped in its current state (means: if the payment is already made he can keep it, if not he wont get it).

- customer buying something in an online store from a company:
the company has to give back the money if the customer comes back before two weeks. the only reason why the company can refuse to pay back is if the good is damaged

i dont know what happens in a customer2customer trade or if there are differences. in many cases german courts said that any ebay-seller is a shop (even if he just sells one item) - so i guess(!) we could say Niann acted as a company or store in this case.

btw the same is different for lending: in this case Niann could go after user verification to get what its account is worth (i've sold a hero account for about 1BTC so maybe he has even a claim for more)
This is pretty much my conclusion. Verification should probably just be happy Niann has no interest in having him sent to prison. Requesting loans as another person for $9000 is enough to get you jail time in most countries. As far as Niann being a "shop" he was providing a service, so its not as if it could be returned for a refund. 
Niann (OP)

Activity: 691
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 06:47:52 PM

I completely agree with what you guys said, I damaged my own trust, and that is my fault, not anyone elses.
It was my fault for believing the guy saying he wanted to do good business.

This account will NEVER be in control of anyone else besides me from now on, I too have learned my lesson from this.
I just want to clear out the air and let everyone know that I had messages on the entire time, and I checked them right after I got home and I saw TECSHARE's message. So I was completely aware of what was happening.

Cheers, and thank you guys.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: