Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinRadio  (Read 1175 times)
samertje (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 07:21:01 PM

Hey board

I got an idea the other day and I wanted to spread it around on the forum.

I'm setting up BitcoinRadio.org, a website and all the social media jazz that goes along with it. I'm willing setup and host for free and was looking for some good English speaking people that are excited to make radio for bitcoin.

My idea was to make the program accessible to the broader public, but because the project is in a early stage, I'm open for all ideas.

Any ideas, suggestions, volunteers.... Let's get the word out!

Thnx
Sam
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 08:02:49 PM

I would be interested in doing a show once a week.    PM me your thoughts.   We have a lack of content be produced these days.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
samertje (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:20:09 PM

I would be interested in doing a show once a week.    PM me your thoughts.   We have a lack of content be produced these days.

Wonderful! Do you mind if I share ideas in open for now?

My idea was to have a bitcoin radio show aimed at the broader non-financial public. A bit of economic and financial talk may have it's place in the program, however I feel we as a community need to communicate the basic freedoms that bitcoins give us, to the 'non-nerds'
Talks will generally evolve around
-What is it?
-How can you use it?
-Why should you use it?
-New services and handy tools/software

Humor is always a goof theme to have, it doesn't have to be that serious. A bit of philosophy may have it's place, not sure...
I do love to see a common starting point and the general assumption of the show as follows: The financial system has gotten to corrupt to fix, so we need to take matter into our own hands and take power back.

Or we can have several shows with several themes off course and you may start off with the first one. It's all still open. And actually I just want to see what the community on this forum wants to do with it. I'd be happy to program the website to meet the needs of the content makers.   

What is your idea?

Sam
samertje (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:23:49 PM

And let me add that I already registered social media accounts, website is running, I can do a web store with PayPal, have livestream and ustream account and even willing to purchase pro accounts if I find enthusiastic content makers Smiley

It's not my intent to make money out of the website right away, but if that may happen later on, then I will be happy to share that with all involved.
samertje (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 10:45:24 PM

And let me add that I already registered social media accounts, website is running, I can do a web store with PayPal, have livestream and ustream account and even willing to purchase pro accounts if I find enthusiastic content makers Smiley

A paypal webstore for a bitcoin centric radio network, makes perfect sense!

haha indeed. I dont think I can program a bitcoin webstore, maybe ask someone for help with that.

Ultimately we want to go Bitcoin all the way, but I don't mind using PayPal to get started with stuff. And by the way we should encourage PayPal to start handling bitcoins as well Smiley
samertje (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:37:52 PM

A paypal webstore for a bitcoin centric radio network, makes perfect sense!

haha indeed. I dont think I can program a bitcoin webstore, maybe ask someone for help with that.

Ultimately we want to go Bitcoin all the way, but I don't mind using PayPal to get started with stuff. And by the way we should encourage PayPal to start handling bitcoins as well Smiley
Then why do you feel fit to run a bitcoin radio network? Also that is a horrible idea paypal is worst than mafia and with places like

https://bitpay.com/
https://mtgox.com/merchant

we don't need paypal, honestly learn more about the bitcoin universe and then revise this idea, otherwise you will get slamed hard, for your lack of knowledge of bitcoin js

hmm I think you are right, I agree
Yes, it's pretty obvious to use just bitcoin merhcants, silly me Tongue

Any ideas on the program?
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1055

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 03:35:01 PM

I would enjoy listening to any Bitcoin related podcasts.

Currently www.freetalklive.com talks a bit about bitcoin several times per week.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 07:34:52 PM

I'm setting up BitcoinRadio.org, a website and all the social media jazz that goes along with it. I'm willing setup and host for free and was looking for some good English speaking people that are excited to make radio for bitcoin.

So you are selling a radio that plays social media jazz???

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:36:16 PM

And by the way we should encourage PayPal to start handling bitcoins as well Smiley

Sure, after transaction reversal is added to Bitcoin and the level of anonymity is decreased, they may look into it. I can hear them asking:
"Why not use email addresses instead of this multiple-lengthy-random-codes thingy to identify users?"
"And why not a single password for everything instead of this "private key"?" Grin
"Wallet backup? What's that?"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: