Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think will be the next ATH?
1200-2000 - 24 (20.3%)
2001-3000 - 18 (15.3%)
3001-4000 - 16 (13.6%)
4001-5000 - 15 (12.7%)
5001-6000 - 11 (9.3%)
6001-7000 - 2 (1.7%)
7000 or higher - 32 (27.1%)
Total Voters: 118

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Next rally's ATH  (Read 3224 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

interesting observation. however, if true, you should just reverse your actions.

But the action taken will still be his action, and therefore wrong.  An oracle who's always wrong is immensely useful to others [just do the opposite of what the oracle says], but never to self.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:44:44 PM

interesting observation. however, if true, you should just reverse your actions.

But the action taken will still be his action, and therefore wrong.  An oracle who's always wrong is immensely useful to others [just do the opposite of what the oracle says], but never to self.

Me, the oracle, is banking on a bubble/new ATH next year.... I plan to sell 10% of my holdings at $1000, 20% at $1300, and 70% at $2000+ depending on how fast we get there.

So does that mean you should sell and we will NOT see a ATH next year? Fuck everyone and everything if it doesn't happen

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

But the action taken will still be his action, and therefore wrong.  An oracle who's always wrong is immensely useful to others [just do the opposite of what the oracle says], but never to self.

Me, the oracle, is banking on a bubble/new ATH next year.... I plan to sell 10% of my holdings at $1000, 20% at $1300, and 70% at $2000+ depending on how fast we get there.

So does that mean you should sell and we will NOT see a ATH next year? Fuck everyone and everything if it doesn't happen
Sounds like you have no plan B. Fuck everyone is not plausible. Have you heard of diversifying your investments?
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:01:19 PM

Sounds like you have no plan B. Fuck everyone is not plausible. Have you heard of diversifying your investments?

Does litecoin count?

And either way... what should I do now? sell my BTC at a loss and diversify? I rather hold til half way through 2015

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Does litecoin count?

And either way... what should I do now? sell my BTC at a loss and diversify? I rather hold til half way through 2015

Don't ask me, I may be wrong on all counts. I am just saying Plan B would be nice )
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:19:59 PM

Lol at IDIOTS who think we will see another huge rally....

I have scientific evidence that EVERY TIME I enter an investment it is TOO LATE... out of everything I've put money in... I have lost money 100% of the time. I am deeply invested in BTC right now (~$20K) and I can guarantee you that we will not have another rally. I ALWAYS manage to catch a falling knife, or enter the game a little too late.... I never make money, this is 100% always the case. Sorry guys.

Scenario 1: A malevolent, all-knowing, all-powerful force uses its diabolical influence to turn the markets against you whenever you make an investment in bitcoin. You have somehow raised the ire of the gods and they choose to punish you in this particular way.

Scenario 2: You're not comfortable investing when the market is down and you wait for an undeniable uptrend before investing, which happens just before the bold investors start to lock in their profits.

Hmmm, they seem equally plausible to me.  Grin
Terwa

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:28:38 PM

Done!
2000 $ is a good price (10 000$ is better haha)
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

I have scientific evidence that EVERY TIME I enter an investment it is TOO LATE... out of everything I've put money in... I have lost money 100% of the time. I am deeply invested in BTC right now (~$20K) and I can guarantee you that we will not have another rally. I ALWAYS manage to catch a falling knife, or enter the game a little too late.... I never make money, this is 100% always the case. Sorry guys.

Scenario 1: A malevolent, all-knowing, all-powerful force uses its diabolical influence to turn the markets against you whenever you make an investment in bitcoin. You have somehow raised the ire of the gods and they choose to punish you in this particular way.

Scenario 2: You're not comfortable investing when the market is down and you wait for an undeniable uptrend before investing, which happens just before the bold investors start to lock in their profits.

Hmmm, they seem equally plausible to me.  Grin

I honestly believe in Scenario 1, call me superstitious... but this superstition has never failed

I bought a lot more in the $300-$400 zone to cost average down... you can argue that at these prices, the market is down. So let's see if we even go back to 500-600 anytime next year

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 06:38:25 PM

I for one hope that there isn't any rally. I really hope it stays the same and give a chance to establish itself in global market.

NotLambchop

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:42:07 PM

Not Us.  We are well pleased with this earthling.

~Your Beneficent Reptilian Overlords
Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:53:27 PM

I for one hope that there isn't any rally. I really hope it stays the same and give a chance to establish itself in global market.

"I hope my purchasing power stays 80% below what it was last year.... I hate money, I hope I don't acquire more"

man shut the fuck up

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:56:59 AM

Sorry, but that's hardly scientific.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:36:12 AM

1. Soon major technology companies may announce Bitcoin mining divisions that can meet the demands of the markets.
2. Then I would guess closer to 10k, but of course it will correct between 3-6k (rule of thirds) before becoming publicly traded by licensed brokers on Wall Street.
3. Then it will grow at the rate of adoption and less on speculation.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
NotLambchop

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:55:52 PM

^

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:07:45 PM

Looks like SA sent their fourth string. Or worse, it's the Onion staff.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
NotLambchop

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:26:04 PM

Looks like SA sent their fourth string. Or worse, it's the Onion staff.

>thinking SA ot The Onion care enough to send a mailroom boy

Such self-importance Roll Eyes
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:28:23 PM

1. Soon major technology companies may announce Bitcoin mining divisions that can meet the demands of the markets.
2. Then I would guess closer to 10k, but of course it will correct between 3-6k (rule of thirds) before becoming publicly traded by licensed brokers on Wall Street.

Grin

This post makes no fucking sense in such a beautiful gradual fashion, it made me LOL so hard!
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:36:03 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 02:36:19 PM by var53

It sounds like the bought in at $1000+ and will probably dump soon because he thinks there will never be another rally. Perhaps he might change his mind during the next rally and buy back in at peak prices again.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

Grin

This post makes no fucking sense in such a beatiful gradual fashion, it made me LOL so hard!
Does anything in this thread make sense? This thread is simply wild speculation. Was mine the only post that made you laugh? This thread is a troll firebase. Most of the posts I couldn't see, but I did find some trolls to add to my ignore list here.

Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:41:51 PM

It sounds like the brought in at $1000+ and will probably dump soon because he thinks there will never be another rally. Perhaps he might change his mind during the next rally and buy back in at peak prices again.

I bought my first half from $600-800. And my second half for around $300-$400. Lost 11 bitcoins from trading/altcoin/gambling, so my avg cost per BTC is like $800.

Not selling unless I profit.... which has never happened in my entire life

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████