Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPoolMonitor 4.2-monitors most pools, idle worker notification, blockchain.info  (Read 100786 times)
ct1aic

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:21:02 PM

I like this tool. It is great. With bitminter the store DB stats does not work. But for the rest it is great.
Same for me. I can't store DB stats or MPoolMonitor gives me "PJ:API ERROR".

do you have the x64 version of office or x86 (32-bit)?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work properly with 64-bit access.

M
eheh... The Insurance Company where I work and tried the MPoolMiner has banned Microsoft Office. We use  LibreOffice.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:08:52 PM

I like this tool. It is great. With bitminter the store DB stats does not work. But for the rest it is great.
Same for me. I can't store DB stats or MPoolMonitor gives me "PJ:API ERROR".

do you have the x64 version of office or x86 (32-bit)?  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work properly with 64-bit access.

M
eheh... The Insurance Company where I work and tried the MPoolMiner has banned Microsoft Office. We use  LibreOffice.

I don't know what'll happen if you don't have access on your computer.  I assumed it would work... but apparently not.  I'll have to fire it up in a VM w/o office to see how it behaves.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
asfbhero

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:00:05 AM

Awesome, you'll be getting a donation soon!!
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:34:33 PM

I intend to release a new version of MPoolMonitor soon. 

Things already done:
- bunch of little bug fixes like it requiring you to save the config every time you start it if only BTCGuild is enabled
- changed to support to the 50BTC API changes and hashrate problems

Things I intend to do:
- remove the taskbar popup on block found logic.  it was only there for a few pools, and no one seemed to notice.
- add support for multipool
- add support for scryptguild
- add support for eligius
- add support for the API that all the "pool out of a box" scrypt pools are using (I assume it's the same for them all)
- add support for the blockchain.info stats API to show some close to realtime BTC data

Things I may do:
- see if I can get the DB stats code to be more friendly with different versions of office
- revise the idle worker notification code to work with more mail servers

Support for the additional pools with come with incremental versions, instead of all at once.

I will also probably post the code to github.

I've reviewed the posts here to see if I'm missing anything.  I saw a request or two for support of a pool.  If it's a small BTC pool, it's probably not worth my trouble, as few users will be using it.  In the age of absurd difficulty, and absurd increases in difficulty, I don't see this little pools lasting or them having a lot of users.

Is there anything I'm missing?  Any reasonable requests?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:54:39 PM

Good job !

Hope to see the new release coming rapidly...

I will make another donation when it will be ready !

Cheers

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:33:06 PM

I just published v2.9, see op post for new screenshot and link.

Changes:

v2.9
- fixed problem with it not autostarting when BTCGuild is only one enabled
- 50btc works again.  apparently the API radically changed since I originally added support
- removed the popup on new block found option.  it was only enabled for some pools, and no one seemed to notice, so I assume it's not used.
- fixed problem with btcguild hash rate not showing on the tooltip icon
- fixed problem with slush hash rate not showing on the tooltip icon
- added support for multipool
- fixed problem with BTCGuild hashrate showing 1000 times smaller than it is
- added a Scrypt total hashrate separate from SHA256 total hashrate
- added a checkbox to the p2pool config to indicate it's a Scrypt pool instead of a SHA256 pool
- added the pending namecoin (NMC) stat to the BTCGuild output

M

cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:22:42 PM

Good Job !

I've downloaded the new version, nice to see now NMC counted on BtcGuild !

I send you a small donation.  Smiley

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:33:20 PM

Good Job !

I've downloaded the new version, nice to see now NMC counted on BtcGuild !

I send you a small donation.  Smiley

Got it, tyvm!!

M

cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:16:15 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:47:52 PM

I just released version 3.0. 

Changes in v3.0:
- added support for blockchain.info stats
- lots of internal changes to make it easier to add more pools
- fixed a minor problem with a parsing routine for Eclipse

Notes on the blockchain.info addition:

- I'm not sure how accurate the "estimated next difficulty" is.  That stat doesn't seem to be available from blockchain.info, so I derive it based on the avg number of minutes currently to solve to block.  Assuming that avg is accurate (it is a blockchain.info stat), and I don't have any rounding errors (I think it's as precise as I can get it), this estimate should be good.  I'll find out next difficulty change.
- You can configure it to refresh a minimum of once an hour, all the way up to every 24 hours.

Next up on the to do list is adding support for Scryptguild.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:13:41 PM

Version 3.1 is now released.

Changes:
- more internal changes to make it easier to add more pools
- upgraded to v6.0r1 of the JSON.net library to handle a parsing error that could occur with p2pool
- added support for ScryptGuild
- fixed a problem with BTC Guild payout info not being properly recorded to the database
- added a "bad" column to the worker listing for BTC Guild indicating the percentage of non valid shares

Note that there's a new "idle worker popup notification" config checkbox.  That functionality didn't make the cut for this version.

Next up: Eligius.

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:16:01 PM

Update on source code availability:

I've created a repo on GitHub, but am having a learning curve issue when using it.  So far it looks like I could have another pool added to the app in the time it takes me to figure out how to use GitHub, so this may not happen soon.

In the meantime, if someone would like a copy of the code for their perusal and local use (not distribution), please PM me.

M

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:12:52 PM

Great program.
Thanks
 Smiley

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:29:55 PM

Great program.
Thanks
 Smiley

Thanks! Smiley

M

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:27:39 AM

Version 3.2 released:

Changes:
- added support for Eligius
- changed the minimum refresh period to 5 minutes
- added the BTC balance to the main screen for ScryptGuild when coin balances are enabled

Coming up next:
- Local idle worker alerts
- Support for Bitparking

M

Sir Alan

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:59:00 AM

Donation sent.  It's a handy utility.

Suggestions:

Payable BTC value should be a little more prominent, and in the same place on the screen for each relevant pool, while the user's hash rate does not need to be so prominent (perhaps BTC on the left and hash rate on the right of the same line and in the same size font);  the BTC line could then be omitted from the list in the ScryptGuild balance tab;

Make the default refresh time 5 minutes - this would reduce the user's bandwidth and the server load, and should be perfectly adequate for most users, who could still vary it if they felt the need;

Neither the column containing the pointer nor the highlighting appear to serve any useful purpose;

Put the download link in your signature.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:10:49 AM

Donation sent.  It's a handy utility.

Thanks!

Suggestions:

Payable BTC value should be a little more prominent, and in the same place on the screen for each relevant pool, while the user's hash rate does not need to be so prominent (perhaps BTC on the left and hash rate on the right of the same line and in the same size font);  the BTC line could then be omitted from the list in the ScryptGuild balance tab;

Believe it or not, I did try to be consistent across pools.  The problem is there is no consistency in the output from the pools. Smiley

I like the idea making the BTC value more prominent.  I think I'll change the label color at minimum.

BTW, I think you're a version or two behind right now.  For ScryptGuild, the confirmed BTC now has it's own spot to the right of the hash rate.

The user hash rate is prominent because it'll be your first clue there is something wrong if there is something wrong.

Make the default refresh time 5 minutes - this would reduce the user's bandwidth and the server load, and should be perfectly adequate for most users, who could still vary it if they felt the need;

I actually changed that this prior version, and the minimum is now 5.  Good idea. Smiley

Neither the column containing the pointer nor the highlighting appear to serve any useful purpose;

That's default grid functionality.  You're right, though, I could save some real estate by removing the selection column.  Thanks!

Put the download link in your signature.

I've considered that.

thanks again!

M

Sir Alan

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:14:32 PM

MPoolMonitor won't check more often than every 60 seconds, but it's possible between your clock and the pool clock that the pool is slapping your hands when it shouldn't.
There's another possibility: I have just noticed that MPoolMonitor stays running in the background if the display is closed down.  If you restart it, a new instance runs, but the old one keeps going.  I currently have three running, as I haven't yet rebooted the pc or killed the processes with Task Manager.  It seems feasible, then, that one is trying to access the data within 60 seconds of another, resulting in the pool having a hissy fit.

(Sorry for resurrecting a rather old thread!)

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:17:49 PM

MPoolMonitor won't check more often than every 60 seconds, but it's possible between your clock and the pool clock that the pool is slapping your hands when it shouldn't.
There's another possibility: I have just noticed that MPoolMonitor stays running in the background if the display is closed down.  If you restart it, a new instance runs, but the old one keeps going.  I currently have three running, as I haven't yet rebooted the pc or killed the processes with Task Manager.  It seems feasible, then, that one is trying to access the data within 60 seconds of another, resulting in the pool having a hissy fit.

Aha.  I guess if you aren't aware it runs in your "notification bar" when you minimize it, then yes, you could end up with multiple instances running.  To close "Close" it, right click anywhere on it and click exit.

I'll add a check to the startup to see if it's already running somewhere else.

Thanks.

M

Sir Alan

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:59:24 PM

Aha.  I guess if you aren't aware it runs in your "notification bar" when you minimize it, then yes, you could end up with multiple instances running.
The window closes and the icon disappears from the taskbar when the X is clicked, but it remains in the system tray (in the Hidden Icons section, so not normally visible, which is where I found them).  Perhaps "Minimise on X" would work, as that would leave it on the taskbar.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: