Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Enemies of Bitcoin  (Read 3029 times)
RealMalatesta (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:29:44 PM

Many of us have had this experience: You go to a bank for opening an account regarding a Bitcoin-business - and the bank refuses you as a client. Or you want to rent office space - and the landlord hears "Bitcoin" and shreds the contract.

However, I'm sure that all those who cry now "Bitcoin is a crime" will try to make the big business in the future. So it may be worth to note who was against Bitcoin in the beginning...

I, for example, established a company in Switzerland. I was in need of a bank account. The following bank accepted my money for setting up the company: Zürcher Kantonalbank. But once the company was set up, the bank refused to give back the money. Their opinion: Bitcoins are illegal. So I should find another bank for the day-to-day business, and they would transfer the money to this other bank. However, every time I contacted a bank, they refused to open an account because of Bitcoin. Here's the list of those banks:
- Postfinance Switzerland
- UBS Switzerland
- Credit Suisse
- Berner Kantonalbank
- Basler Kantonalbank
- Coop-Bank
- Deutsche Bank

Funny, though, that UBS has since started to work on some Bitcoin-studies and Zürcher Kantonalbank has set up a "Task Force Bitcoin"....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:52:30 PM

You can add German Postbank to the list, too.

On the other hand, there are institutes like German-based Fidor Bank which actively promoting their service for Bitcoin people. Fidor Bank is even cooperating with the fiat<->btc exchange Bitcoin.de.

http://about.all4btc.com/fidor-dream-bank-bitcoin/

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:10:10 PM

It's very clear why traditional banks are against bitcoin: It will destroy their business and their importance for society.

The best thing to do is not using banks at all and to go Bitcoin only. If that's not an option, try to separate the Bitcoin business from the fiat business and run each one independently.

If you need to do Bitcoin purchases for your business use direct face2face cash transactions. What's most important: Don't hand over liquidity to banks without reason, because they don't deserve it.

Great to see this list.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
docco

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:26:06 PM

try to separate the Bitcoin business from the fiat business and run each one independently.

you only need to mix bitcoins with bank if youre an exchange.. otherwise you can split both or best.

going 100% bitcoin would limit your market.. better accept fiat too but remind customers of benefits of using bitcoin! Cool
hgch

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:21:50 AM

and which bank allowed you to open an account?
RealMalatesta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:41:35 AM

and which bank allowed you to open an account?

I won't name them because I'm sure the principals don't know....

But first, I had to call the cops to get my money in cash from the first bank which refused to get it out to me.
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

You can add German Postbank to the list, too.

On the other hand, there are institutes like German-based Fidor Bank which actively promoting their service for Bitcoin people. Fidor Bank is even cooperating with the fiat<->btc exchange Bitcoin.de.

http://about.all4btc.com/fidor-dream-bank-bitcoin/

Indeed, and German BW bank, Belgian Rabobank, KBC and Fortis and Dutch Rabobank and SNS neither... Had bad experiences with all of them regarding bitcoin.
Fidor bank is fine!
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:54:14 PM

There already is a thread for discussing bitcoin friendly/hostile banks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264679.0
piike2323

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

Many of us have had this experience: You go to a bank for opening an account regarding a Bitcoin-business - and the bank refuses you as a client. Or you want to rent office space - and the landlord hears "Bitcoin" and shreds the contract.

However, I'm sure that all those who cry now "Bitcoin is a crime" will try to make the big business in the future. So it may be worth to note who was against Bitcoin in the beginning...

Sounds like that bank used bitcoins unpopular factor to rip you the F off. Did you find out if the bitcoin is really illegal in your country? Bassed on your story they acted like they where going to do business with you then they just simply took your money. Then to say that "if you get another account someplace else they will transfer the money"; well they just saw you coming. Is there any legal action you can take? I hope that you can recover.
RealMalatesta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:51:46 PM

Sounds like that bank used bitcoins unpopular factor to rip you the F off. Did you find out if the bitcoin is really illegal in your country? Bassed on your story they acted like they where going to do business with you then they just simply took your money. Then to say that "if you get another account someplace else they will transfer the money"; well they just saw you coming. Is there any legal action you can take? I hope that you can recover.

Actually, by going to the bank with some cops, brought me back my money. And Bitcoin is not illegal in my country, but it is basically impossible to get a document from any official which supports this.
piike2323

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:52:14 AM

Glad to hear you got your money back because thy did rob you. You have every right to broadcast what happen between you and that bank because they probably robbed many people. As for banks in general they pretty much hate the bitcoin. Not because they think its a scheme or too volatile but because they don't think there is a future in it. Banks are all about fiat money and the bitcoin is a direct opponent to that. However; the day that banks figure out how to get rich on bitcoins is the day they will be all over it.
RealMalatesta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:26:54 AM

Glad to hear you got your money back because thy did rob you. You have every right to broadcast what happen between you and that bank because they probably robbed many people. As for banks in general they pretty much hate the bitcoin. Not because they think its a scheme or too volatile but because they don't think there is a future in it. Banks are all about fiat money and the bitcoin is a direct opponent to that. However; the day that banks figure out how to get rich on bitcoins is the day they will be all over it.

I partly disagree... banks are fully aware of what Bitcoin could become in the future. I just had a discussion the other week with the CEO of a Swiss firm, and accidentally - after some wine - he told me that they have received a contract for designing a new Bitcoin-wallet for banks. So they ARE aware what's going on, they are preparing themselfs, but they just wait until regulators have finished their work here in Switzerland. And until then, they try to close out as many participants in the market as possible.
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:46:54 AM

I partly disagree... banks are fully aware of what Bitcoin could become in the future. I just had a discussion the other week with the CEO of a Swiss firm, and accidentally - after some wine - he told me that they have received a contract for designing a new Bitcoin-wallet for banks. So they ARE aware what's going on, they are preparing themselfs, but they just wait until regulators have finished their work here in Switzerland. And until then, they try to close out as many participants in the market as possible.

2nd this. They are well aware, and they will evolve. This is the part of the change that Bitcoin/crypto is creating.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:26:22 PM

That is the part that everyone seems to overlook. Banks are designed to make a profit. You can make a profit by dealing with bit coins so it stands to reason that some banks will move toward bitcoin in the short term and eventually all of them will follow. 

cutesakura

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:48:14 AM

current trends and bitcoin more extensive, but unfortunately it is not supported by adequate infrastructure, purchase goods using bitcoin is still very little, goods of daily life still sold using fiat money in circulation in a country, so my advice if we agree to use bitcoin as currency trading transactions, which we need to build supporting infrastructure must first use in micro markets ...  Cool
Corelianer

Activity: 309

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:21:39 AM

I can confirm that Postfinance Switzerland is working fine for private individuals.

Maybe they don't like companies?
RealMalatesta (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:29:15 AM

I can confirm that Postfinance Switzerland is working fine for private individuals.

Maybe they don't like companies?

They definitively don't... If you have a company working with Bitcoins, they ask for a letter from the Financial Market Authority, telling that you have the permission for doing business. However, Finma does not issue such letters - of course not...
Corelianer

Activity: 309

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:49:10 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 06:38:39 PM by Corelianer

Maybe try Reiffeisen? Bitstamp uses Reiffeisen too...

or just open a Bank-Account under your own name? Normally nobody cares, ey?

Or join a self-regulated Organisation: https://yacuna.com/blog/bitcoin-currency-switzerland/
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:53:23 PM

I can feel your pain. Getting fait money out of an exchange into a bank account is a problem for me too. Banks thinks bitcoin is toxic and would rather loose a customer than run the risk of paying fines on money laundering.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 04:47:57 AM

I think, bankers are still the real enemies of bitcoin.  Cool

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: