Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [JBS] Jumbucks - No IPO/ICO - Proof of Stake - Slack - DCR Stake Pool - 2+ Years  (Read 48189 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:04:48 AM

Thanks much, appreciated!

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jyap (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 01:47:47 AM

Something I want to announce is that myself and @cryptokrill are in charge of one of the official Decred stake pools (there will only be a maximum of 10) which we will be launching shortly.

The TLDR is that the stake pool allows you to stake DCR without having your laptop/PC on 24/7 as Decred staking works more on a lottery type system where you buy tickets. Official stake pools are also required to run multiple voting servers which incurs a monthly cost.

The work that the Decred team has done to get the multisig cold staking, stake pools and stake pools with fees working is really impressive.

Most of the current stake pools have launched with either a straight 5% or 7.5% fee for the tickets but I want to change it up a bit so that it benefits JBS holders.

Here is the proposal.

The fee will be advertised as 8% publicly. 4% will be allocated for pool maintenance and server costs. 2% will be allocated to a JBS development fund. 2% will be for JBS market buys which will be rewarded back to stake pool users periodically.

This will make the pool competitive in fees and the cheapest in terms of straight pool maintenance and server costs. The overall changes will also help the JBS ecosystem with rewards to users and stimulated market activity.

jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 09:02:08 AM

Here are some more details related to the Decred Proof of Stake pool and potential payouts mentioned in Slack.

[6:48 PM] 
saintgermaine: sounds great @julian could you help quantify the impact.. like put the expected numbers this might generate for jbs dev fund and market buys..as for the market buys how often will that happen? I dont really understand pools very well so wondering how often they process...i guess in summary im asking if you can explain a bit more but keep it simple?

[7:56 PM] 
julian: .. i'll run some numbers now

a bit of this terminology takes some explaining. to use the pool you are paying fees from your reward

currently the PoS reward is around 1.8 per staked vote. this slowly declines over time over a reward curve... but it will be around 1.7 to 1.8 for a while.

so in a PoS pool if you pay a 10% fee:
1.8 DCR * 0.1 = 0.18 DCR fee

on the lower end, if no one buys tickets or uses the pool, obviously that means 0 market buys, 0 payouts.

(screen shot of current pools and stats)

here are the numbers from the current pools for comparison

pools are relatively new, so numbers will definitely rise across the board

so we are also required to be capped at 5% of all live tickets. that's so that pools have a balance.

[8:03 PM] 
saintgermaine: so your hoping to get jbs hodlers to be decred miners/stakers so that the 8% fee is similar to other pools but the addedd benefits is a percentage of the *% goesback into JBS..?

[8:03 PM] 
julian: yes

i'll run max numbers based on 5%.. one second

[8:04 PM] 
saintgermaine: sounds like a winner

[8:04 PM] 
julian: essentially i try and build a win win situation for all

and previously we had a PoW multipool but yeah micah stopped running it

but this DCR PoS mining pool should be self sustaining

ok, so there are 5 minute block times. and 5 votes per block.

12 blocks per hour

12 blocks * 24 hours * 5 votes = 1440 votes per day

"These pools will be soft-capped at 5% of the stake tickets each" OK, yeah, it's 5%

so 5% of 1440.0 is 72 voted tickets a day

72 voted * 1.8 reward * 0.08 (8 percent) = 10.368 DCR max fees collected

2.592 DCR would be max buy back per day

[8:11 PM] 
saintgermaine: :grinning:

[8:12 PM] 
julian: so max buy back would be around $4.17312 per day based on current DCR price of $1.61 per DCR

.. so that also depends on the price of DCR.

(screen shot of DCR historical price)

but DCR USD price has been pretty steady

[8:15 PM] 
saintgermaine: thx jyap for info

[8:15 PM] 
julian: No problemo. but yeah payouts would be "periodically". i say that since i'd do them manually to begin with.

jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 09:02:19 PM

Something I want to announce is that myself and @cryptokrill are in charge of one of the official Decred stake pools (there will only be a maximum of 10) which we will be launching shortly.

The TLDR is that the stake pool allows you to stake DCR without having your laptop/PC on 24/7 as Decred staking works more on a lottery type system where you buy tickets. Official stake pools are also required to run multiple voting servers which incurs a monthly cost.

The work that the Decred team has done to get the multisig cold staking, stake pools and stake pools with fees working is really impressive.

Most of the current stake pools have launched with either a straight 5% or 7.5% fee for the tickets but I want to change it up a bit so that it benefits JBS holders.

Here is the proposal.

The fee will be advertised as 8% publicly. 4% will be allocated for pool maintenance and server costs. 2% will be allocated to a JBS development fund. 2% will be for JBS market buys which will be rewarded back to stake pool users periodically.

This will make the pool competitive in fees and the cheapest in terms of straight pool maintenance and server costs. The overall changes will also help the JBS ecosystem with rewards to users and stimulated market activity.

http://dcrstakepool.getjumbucks.com

The Decred stake pool is now live. I am going to make another tab so people can add their JBS address if they want payments. You can use it perfectly fine for now.  Happy DCR staking!

kseroks

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 06:06:38 AM

Good time of day. How to configure the wallet to get a coin in solo mode? Huh Huh Huh
superfluouso

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:05:32 AM

Hey guys,

3D printed a cool Jumbucks case for my raspberry pi:

Special thanks to @john over at jumbucks.slack.com for creating/adding the Jumbucks logo Smiley
jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 09:34:39 AM

Hey guys,

3D printed a cool Jumbucks case for my raspberry pi:

Special thanks to @john over at jumbucks.slack.com for creating/adding the Jumbucks logo Smiley

Beautiful.

John says:

if you have a 3d printer you can print cases for rpi with the STLs here   

https://github.com/JohnHanks/mechanical/tree/master/Raspberry%20Pi

jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 08:34:28 PM

Upcoming "Breakout Coin Team - Breakout Coin live AMA on Jumbucks Slack".  Set your calendars:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Breakout+Coin+Team+-+Breakout+Coin+live+AMA+on+Jumbucks+Slack&iso=20160616T13&p1=224&ah=1

James the lead dev for the coin, Gian head of gaming and someone else from the team will be available.

Here is a link to a previous AMA:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=865169.msg12690457#msg12690457

Sign up to Jumbucks Slack here to be a part of a growing community of over 520 crypto enthusiasts and Jumbucks fans!

Follow @getjumbucks on Twitter for all the latest news and announcements!

jonnyking

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 09:25:37 AM

Hey Jumbuckers,

Quick question as Jumbucks is the only coin I really stake. Moving my staking wallet from one PC to another. Just moving the wallet.dat is all i need to do yea? I feel like im missing some coins since booting it back up after a few months offline from an old computer. Probably not but thought i should ask.

Thanks!
xEleven

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:56:37 AM

Hey Jumbuckers,

Quick question as Jumbucks is the only coin I really stake. Moving my staking wallet from one PC to another. Just moving the wallet.dat is all i need to do yea? I feel like im missing some coins since booting it back up after a few months offline from an old computer. Probably not but thought i should ask.

Thanks!

The Wallet.Dat should be all you need.

I have moved my JBS wallet around a few times now and have never had an issue when just moving the wallet.dat
No missing coins or anything.

Maybe you have less than you remember Tongue
I am going to say that is a sign from the crypto overlords that you need to get more Tongue
litecamel

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 06:42:51 AM

Looking good!  Wink
https://i.imgur.com/h7jEY37.png
jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 04:59:18 AM

The Jumbucks Decred Stake Pool is currently the 4th ranked in terms of number of Live tickets.

Recently I've set up my local development environment so I can make some changes.

Currently on my list of TODO items for the pool:

• Implement a Theme (just quickly for now to differentiate from the other pool)
  • Add in a tab to add a JBS address to receive payments back
  • Formally announce the stake pool in an email to the mailing list and other channels

Feel free to sign up and use the pool. If you need help buying tickets the #jumbucks channel in Slack is always helpful.

jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 09:47:35 AM

The Jumbucks Decred Stake Pool is currently the 4th ranked in terms of number of Live tickets.

Recently I've set up my local development environment so I can make some changes.

• Formally announce the stake pool in an email to the mailing list and other channels

Feel free to sign up and use the pool. If you need help buying tickets the #jumbucks channel in Slack is always helpful.

just rethemed it

take a look and sign up!

mostly a quick retheme and changing some minor stuff

samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:01:09 AM

where we can buy this coin , any exchange?
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:44:00 AM

where we can buy this coin , any exchange?

Bittrex
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-JBS

Blockchain technology
jyap (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 12:16:00 PM

just rethemed it

take a look and sign up!

This part just completed: Add in a tab to add a JBS address to receive payments back

If you are using the Jumbucks Decred Stake Pool, please add in your Jumbucks Address in the new tab. just coded it up tonight. see the screen shot above. thanks!

Also modified the header to a more blue gradient.

thedufrane

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:36:17 PM

just rethemed it

take a look and sign up!

https://i.imgur.com/zpJBa5j.png

This part just completed: Add in a tab to add a JBS address to receive payments back

If you are using the Jumbucks Decred Stake Pool, please add in your Jumbucks Address in the new tab. just coded it up tonight. see the screen shot above. thanks!

Also modified the header to a more blue gradient.

Thank you for this Jyap. Currently having some cool people in Slack help me out.
xEleven

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 02:30:48 AM

Today I have set myself up with a Raspberry Pi 3 and 3.5" LCD Touchscreen so I can always see my JBS balance and stake Smiley

Thought I would share some pictures with you all.

https://i.imgur.com/hs0jnr3.jpg
Testing and setting things up. hardest part was LCD drivers, but was quick and easy to get running.

https://i.imgur.com/aDvFTjU.png
Running the wallet Smiley
Staking works perfectly.

Wallet is easy to set up on a rPi with the provided rPi wallet files from the main post.

Set up costs:
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Heatsinks x2
Case to fit LCD
3.5" LCD TouchScreen
16GB SD Card
Adapter and Cable (Not the same cable as the pictures)

The above was brought as a whole kit from Aliexpress for just over $65 USD.
rPi is original and came in original factory sealed box. LCD is Chinese but was provided with 'drivers' from Waveshare.
Set up to get the LCD displaying and reacting to touch took under 10 minutes, just a few simple commands and a restart.

I messaged the Aliexpress seller and was provided with a recent link to download the latest files and a simple install guide.

I did spend a few hours looking for the drivers my self but ended up giving up. There is a LOT of variations of the 3.5" Touch Screen so I recommend you get drivers direct from the seller should you want to set one of these up for yourself.

Well worth it IMO. Looks awesome too Smiley

JBS-4-LIFE
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 07:19:33 AM

Today I have set myself up with a Raspberry Pi 3 and 3.5" LCD Touchscreen so I can always see my JBS balance and stake Smiley

Testing and setting things up. hardest part was LCD drivers, but was quick and easy to get running.

Staking works perfectly.

Wallet is easy to set up on a rPi with the provided rPi wallet files from the main post.

Set up costs:
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Heatsinks x2
Case to fit LCD
3.5" LCD TouchScreen
16GB SD Card

rPi is original and came in original factory sealed box. LCD is Chinese but was provided with 'drivers' from Waveshare.
Set up to get the LCD displaying and reacting to touch took under 10 minutes, just a few simple commands and a restart.

I messaged the Aliexpress seller and was provided with a recent link to download the latest files and a simple install guide.

I did spend a few hours looking for the drivers my self but ended up giving up. There is a LOT of variations of the 3.5" Touch Screen so I recommend you get drivers direct from the seller should you want to set one of these up for yourself.

JBS-4-LIFE

This is great, good job. How many different wallets do you think you could stake at the same time?
xEleven

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:20:58 AM

https://i.imgur.com/hs0jnr3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aDvFTjU.png
Staking works perfectly.

Set up costs:
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
Heatsinks x2
Case to fit LCD
3.5" LCD TouchScreen
16GB SD Card

JBS-4-LIFE

This is great, good job. How many different wallets do you think you could stake at the same time?

Depending on the coin algo I would say anywhere from 1 to 3 wallets running. JBS is quite memory intensive due to it being Scrypt based so would say 2 wallets at most on the Raspberry Pi 3. That would be pushing it and I would need to do some long term testing to see how it handles the load and heat over time.
For the time being I am keeping this as a locked down, JBS only Staking machine of wonder.

If you have a lot of coins staking I would go for a NUC PC from your manufacturer of choice. Gigabyte have a good set of them ranging from Low to High end depending on needs. No Mini Screen though Sad

That being said, there will be other POS coins out there that are less mem intensive and could probably get away with 3 wallets on a rPi 3 at the same time.
rPi 2 I would say 1, 2 if you are lucky.
rPi 1 wont be able to stake any coin I am aware of.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: