Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MarginBot - A Bitfinex Margin Lending Management Bot  (Read 45865 times)
Wassupia

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:50:49 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 02:04:32 AM by Wassupia

Lifetime Return
How much your Margin Swaps earned in interest over the life of using MarginBot, after fees ( % / Day ) Note that your if your BFX account existed before you began using MarginBot, those returns will not be included here

I there any way I could make it graph older data?
Tbh I"ve been using "bitfinex-auto-lend-master" but I'd like to see some graphs.

I installed it today and it shows data from last 10 days, so older data could maybe be graphed too?

EDIT: seems like I should have searched the code before asking.
it probably in here:
MarginBot\inc\ExchangeAPIs\bitfinex.php

Line 128:    function bitfinex_updateHistory($numDays=10,  $sinceLast=0){
   Line 136:             /* No Entries, Go Back 10 Days */

Only the "All" selection  for graphing works though, in my browser console i get this error:
"Highcharts error #15: www.highcharts.com/errors/15"

My BTC-address: 1JtgnB6UC5j9gMYzLftVaCmwdPL4PrWeYB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HowardF3

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 06:11:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been away from this forum and MarginBot for a bit, and am finally available to come back and start working on the project again.  Looks like things were busy here while I was gone!

1. First, let me get this out of the way.  I am HowardF, the original creator of MarginBot.  While I was away from this forum, it apparently got hacked, and they locked down all the accounts and sent out a change password thing.  Well, that change password thing isn't working, I can't request a new password from my old account, and I can't figure out any way around it.  So, I created this new account to use from now on.  If there's any concern whether its really me or not, I'm happy to prove it by changing either the old website at fuckedgox.com or I can make a little change in the Github repo or whatever (just tell me what you guys want, and I'll do it).  Also, if anyone has a better contact for an admin here that could reset the HowardF account for me so I can get back in, that would be awesome as well.  I'd love to get access back to that account, would save some trouble.

2. Why have I been gone for so long?  Basically, I got hired to build some software for a company, and as part of the deal I couldn't really work on any competing crypto based applications.  The company was really cool, and I probably could have gotten around this to work on MarginBot a bit, but honestly it was just easier to focus there at the time.  That project is done now though, and I'm ready to get back into working on MarginBot.  Plus that project gave me a ton of ideas for improvements / new features for MarginBot.

3. What's the future for MarginBot?  Well, in the current environment, MarginBot has been performing exceedingly well, and this seems like a particularly good time to come back to work on it.  Honestly, MarginBot has always been a simple tool, and it always will be.  So to that end, there's not really all that much that needs to be added to the tool.  But there are a ton of small bug fixes, performance improvements, minor features, enhancements, etc. that I would really like to make.  Plus, I've been running MarginBot for more than 3 years now, so I have a LOT of data that I've been able to run things against to see what is working well and what isn't.  Hopefully I'll be able to use some of that information to make some minor tweaks to the overall algorithms I use (while still keeping things simple, it is after all primarily a tool to beat FRR).

4. I have questions, need support, or want something custom.  Get in touch with me at marginbot@fuckedgox.com, or send me a message here.  I'll try to check in a lot more often.  Also, I'm on reddit a lot: https://www.reddit.com/user/FuckedGox/

scox

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:39:05 AM

Amazing OP.
Great to have you back, your project has most definitely passed a few hands since you've been gone.

I can't wait for the next release!
Jope

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:46:42 AM

Very happy to see you back HowardF! As a MarginBot user since 2015 I'm extremely excited to see what you have in store for us!

Welcome back!
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:47:29 AM

Hi,

Since Bitfinex now supports Bitcoin Cash Lending

Can or will your bot support it?
HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 05:24:13 PM

Hi,

Since Bitfinex now supports Bitcoin Cash Lending

Can or will your bot support it?

I am currently working on adding back in Crypto Margin Lending.  I hope to have a new build up in the next day or so with this built in.  It should allow all types of crypto bitfinx supports for margin.
Rakeau

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:21:53 AM

1. First, let me get this out of the way.  I am HowardF, the original creator of MarginBot.  While I was away from this forum, it apparently got hacked, and they locked down all the accounts and sent out a change password thing.  Well, that change password thing isn't working, I can't request a new password from my old account, and I can't figure out any way around it.  So, I created this new account to use from now on.  If there's any concern whether its really me or not, I'm happy to prove it by changing either the old website at fuckedgox.com or I can make a little change in the Github repo or whatever (just tell me what you guys want, and I'll do it).  Also, if anyone has a better contact for an admin here that could reset the HowardF account for me so I can get back in, that would be awesome as well.  I'd love to get access back to that account, would save some trouble.

Just checking that account, it had made 2 posts in a thread in May of this year. Doesn't seem characteristic. I'd look into that.
HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 09:09:33 PM

Just checking that account, it had made 2 posts in a thread in May of this year. Doesn't seem characteristic. I'd look into that.

Yeah, I'd noticed.  Already reported it.  Those 2 posts were not me.  At this point I'm pretty much considering that account gone.
HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 09:17:28 PM

Ok, its ready!  MarginBot v0.1.07 is now live on github!  Full Crypto Margin lending!  Currently it supports all currencies that Bitfinex supports for margin.

You can get it here:
https://github.com/HFenter/MarginBot

Full install instructions are there, but here's a quick Update instruction:

Update from an older Version

Important - Make sure to backup your existing inc/config.php file FIRST

To update, make a backup of your inc/config.php file, then download the most current version. Unzip the files and overwrite your existing install.

Then overwrite the default config.php file with your backed up version.
Visit the site, and you'll be redirected to an update system.
If you are not correctly redirected, just visit /MarginBot/update.php

If there are any issues feel free to contact me here or via the built in contact email.

(I'm wondering if I should start a new thread on this, since I can't update the original post anymore....  What do you guys think?)

prototype_nsx

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:31:09 AM

Hi,

First time trying to set up this, is it possible to create how to for beginners?

I am stuck at "failed to connect to MYSQL"

Any help would be much appreciated.

HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 05:48:17 PM

Hi,

First time trying to set up this, is it possible to create how to for beginners?

I am stuck at "failed to connect to MYSQL"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oops, actually it looks like 1.07 broke the installer.  I just uploaded a quick fix that should address the issue.  Just download the newest version, 1.07a and try running it again.  It should correctly redirect you to the installer and allow you to set up the mysql database this time.  Sorry about that.  

*EDIT* If you have any more issues installing just post here and I'll be happy to help however I can.
prototype_nsx

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:16:16 AM

Thanks for replying but I must be doing something wrong

http://imgur.com/a/Eq4IQ

from console

/var/www/html$ php -f install.php
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/install.php on line 9
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/install.php on line 151
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SCRIPT_URL in /var/www/html/inc/General.php on line 14
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SCRIPT_URL in /var/www/html/inc/General.php on line 14
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function query() on null in /var/www/html/inc/General.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/install.php(246): General->__construct()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/inc/General.php on line 15

HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 06:05:55 PM

Thanks for replying but I must be doing something wrong

http://imgur.com/a/Eq4IQ

from console

/var/www/html$ php -f install.php
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/install.php on line 9
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/install.php on line 151
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function query() on null in /var/www/html/inc/General.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/install.php(246): General->__construct()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/inc/General.php on line 15

2 things:
1. I just uploaded another quick hotfix because I forgot to add something to the installer for the new version.  The hotfix isn't your issue though (but you will want to download it). 

2.  For some reason your server isn't correctly loading $_SERVER['SCRIPT_URL'] (PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SCRIPT_URL in /var/www/html/inc/General.php on line 14).
This is strange.  Never run into that issue before, but I changed it to $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] which is a little more universal in the latest update.  If that still isn't working for you, I'll need to figure out another way to trap for what script is running.
prototype_nsx

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:11:57 AM

Downloaded the fix but this time the installer.php prints the script and some error to the console

/var/www/html/MarginBot-master$ php -f install.php

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 9

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 167

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/General.php on line 536

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/General.php on line 536

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/General.php on line 541

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 334

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBHost in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 336

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBPrefix in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 337

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBName in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 395

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBUser in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 398

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBPassword in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 401

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installEmail in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 427

Background on my setup, it is a new VM with Ubuntu 16.04 LAMP stack

HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 03:05:39 PM

Downloaded the fix but this time the installer.php prints the script and some error to the console

/var/www/html/MarginBot-master$ php -f install.php

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 9

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 167

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: config in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/General.php on line 541

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 334

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBHost in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 336

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBPrefix in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 337

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBName in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 395

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBUser in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 398

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installDBPassword in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 401

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: installEmail in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 427

Background on my setup, it is a new VM with Ubuntu 16.04 LAMP stack

Do you have error settings particularly high on your php setup?  These are all notices, and shouldn't cause the script to stop executing.  There's no actual errors in this list.

A quick fix would be to add this to the top line of install.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

prototype_nsx

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:21:25 AM

I am not sure, is there anything I can run to check that? could it be related to permission? 

I will be able to test the quick fix in 2 hours also I will create another VM on the side to document the steps of the build and post here for reference

prototype_nsx

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:08:08 AM

Tired the quickfix, here is the output

@bot:/var/www/html/MarginBot-master$ php -f install.php
error_reporting(E_ALL&~E_NOTICE);
PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php:1) in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/config.php on line 4
PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php:1) in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/config.php on line 4
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 10
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 168

HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:26:22 PM

Tired the quickfix, here is the output

@bot:/var/www/html/MarginBot-master$ php -f install.php
error_reporting(E_ALL&~E_NOTICE);
PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php:1) in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/config.php on line 4
PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php:1) in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/inc/config.php on line 4
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 10
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: doInstall in /var/www/html/MarginBot-master/install.php on line 168

You have been trying to run this from a web browser, not just the terminal, right?  It is a form you'll need to put information into.  Running it from a browser, it should ignore those warnings and notices and show the page without a problem.
prototype_nsx

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:36:22 AM

Right, when I try to run from the browser the page appears messy like the previous screenshot, i am not sure if you can see that?

http://imgur.com/a/umbny
HowardF3

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 05:27:20 PM

Right, when I try to run from the browser the page appears messy like the previous screenshot, i am not sure if you can see that?

http://imgur.com/a/umbny

Hmm.  something is seriously not right with your server setup.  From that screenshot it looks like its dumping raw code rather than executing it, which shouldn't even be possible, unless its not actually being parsed by PHP.  have you been able to correctly run any other PHP code on the server?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: